Rex Ryan rips Adam Gase on Rich Ciminis podcast

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Rex told everyone he was going to dominate the division with Buffalo's defense and ended up turning a top unit into an average one in one season. In the process, he went 31-32. 

He didn't have a winning record in any of his last six seasons as an NFL head coach (To be clear, this is longer than Gase's entire head coaching tenure, thus far).  

Not to mention the embarrassing daily press conferences in which he constantly told everyone that he had the best players at every position along with the best coaching staff. 

Rex had two really good years here and then 6 straight mediocre ones. He had his chance. There is a reason he isn't coaching anymore. 

You can go on forever about Rex sucking in Buffalo he did suck but nowhere near as bad as Mangini in Cleveland or our last two dud head coaches

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Rex told everyone he was going to dominate the division with Buffalo's defense and ended up turning a top unit into an average one in one season. In the process, he went 31-32. 

He didn't have a winning record in any of his last six seasons as an NFL head coach (To be clear, this is longer than Gase's entire head coaching tenure, thus far).  

Not to mention the embarrassing daily press conferences in which he constantly told everyone that he had the best players at every position along with the best coaching staff. 

Rex had two really good years here and then 6 straight mediocre ones. He had his chance. There is a reason he isn't coaching anymore. 

This is all correct, it is also a mirror image of the Gase situation except Gase never had as good years as rex had.

Gase coming here is = Rex going to Buffalo

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is all correct, it is also a mirror image of the Gase situation except Gase never had as good years as rex had.

Gase coming here is = Rex going to Buffalo

Very possible/likely. 

but Rex got a second year in Buffalo without anywhere near the amount of injuries Gase had this year. 

I’m not saying I think Gase is the right guy, I just think you have to give him a second year. He’s not 1-15/2-14. 

On 12/17/2019 at 5:31 PM, SummerofSam14 said:

When asked what grade he would give Gase he said F, and essentially said the Jets should fire him. 

Also said he doesn’t like how he uses his hat to cover his eyes. 

On 12/17/2019 at 5:34 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Rex is a ******* tool. 

Have you ever heard of an ex coach ripping a current coach on the record? 

On 12/17/2019 at 5:32 PM, JTJet said:

Rex is just a salty old man now. Dont listen to anything he says regarding the Jets. 

On 12/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, jgb said:

Rex is that salty ex girlfriend from college who has dated a string of burnout x-box addicts since dumping you to “find herself” and now wants a piece of that comfortable middle class life you’ve built without her.

Whole lotta people saying Rex is the salty ex who is a tool and shouldn't be listening to.

YET....

He isn't wrong, and I don't see that being debated.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Whole lotta people saying Rex is the salty ex who is a tool and shouldn't be listening to.

YET....

I didn't say shouldn't listen to him. But he is salty. That's a fact.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

YET....

You would think Rex wasn’t statistically the most successful jets head coach since Weeb Ewbank

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You would think Rex wasn’t statistically the most successful jets head coach since Weeb Ewbank

Rex Ryan has a worse career winning percentage as Jets head coach (0.479) than:

Bill Parcells (0.604), Al Groh (0.563), Herm Edwards (0.488), Joe Walton (0.482), and Weeb Ewbank (0.481). 

He’s tied for 6th place with the coach you claim he’s way better than - Eric Mangini (0.479)

But please, carry on