Jets win on Sunday Could Result in Draft Position Free Fall

JetNation

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How about missing out on the likes of Matt Ryan (2008), Jake Matthews (2014), Mike Evans (2014), Anthony Barr (2014), Odell Beckham (2014), Aaron Donald (2014), Zack Martin (2014), CJ Mosley (2014), Amari Cooper (2015), Jalen Ramsey (2016), Taylor Decker (2016), and Nick Bosa (2019)?

90% available in free agency or trade 3 or 4 years later. So did we really miss out lol?

Well the thing is moving down the list does not only affect you in round one but in ALL rounds.  After round 4 maybe it is not a huge issue but in the early rounds it can be an issue.

Guys like kamarra, Terry mclaurin, danile hunter, michael thomas.

"Oh we really like this guy but he went just before us."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Seems we would have been better off winning a game or two down the stretch last year and not having "the best player in the draft" fall to us yet again...  

Winning cultures are developed by winning.  We finally have a QB.  And I'm retired from rooting for the Jets to lose for a better draft pick.

Have you watched this guy play? We could have been picking 7th or 8th and Q would have fallen to us.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

This also concerns me in regards to Sams play.

It really may not mean a whole lot to play well after not having played well early and often enough to be eliminated from playoff contention...

In fairness he had mono which obviously affected him for a good while. Also it does mean a lot playing well against better competition 

40 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

In fairness he had mono which obviously affected him for a good while. Also it does mean a lot playing well against better competition 

This year it got all effed up cos of the mono then Simien/Falk .....and one good game followed by 2 stinkers and the season was over.,.

but yeah playing well these last 2 games would be a boon

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Have you watched this guy play? We could have been picking 7th or 8th and Q would have fallen to us.

Generally speaking most of our high first round "busts" have ended up as serviceable players - and I hold out hope Q will develop and get better.

But our roster is a disaster because the guys drafted in rounds 2-7 can't even stay in the league.  I'm not worried about who we pick in the first round. I'm worried about getting Days 2 and 3 right.  Please don't suck Joe Douglas. Please!

• Upvote 4

When the Jets pick around 235 in Round 7 there will be a player available who can help them. Trust me.

Whether we pick at 7 or 14, there will be a choice of about 75+ college football players who could start Day 1 here.

F the Steelers. Go Jets!

Then go stick it to Josh Allen the next week as well!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then what happened?

The jets were 1-4 but then made the playoffs that year. That’s what happened. 

Aside that I completely disagree with winning meaningless games. The jets do it every year. Coulda had Joey bosa instead of QW. Coulda have not traded anything for Darnold. Coulda have had scherf or cooper instead of Leonard Williams. 
The jets even suck at sucking

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Seems we would have been better off winning a game or two down the stretch last year and not having "the best player in the draft" fall to us yet again...  

Winning cultures are developed by winning.  We finally have a QB.  And I'm retired from rooting for the Jets to lose for a better draft pick.

Exactly my feeling. We have the QB - no one knows which positional players will be better. Mangold had a better career than D’Brick and he was picked at the end of round one. Revis was selected in the teens. Thomas may not be the best tackle in the draft.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

If we needed to draft Burrows,  i could see how you hope to lose but we dont and wven at 7, Thomas and Wirf are probably both off the board

I am pretty sure a really good player will be available when we pick. Time for JD to earn his keep. 

If we somehow got the 1 pick that would be amazing we could probably get a Kings Ransom back in picks

but I think it’s mathematically impossible 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How about missing out on the likes of Matt Ryan (2008), Jake Matthews (2014), Mike Evans (2014), Anthony Barr (2014), Odell Beckham (2014), Aaron Donald (2014), Zack Martin (2014), CJ Mosley (2014), Amari Cooper (2015), Jalen Ramsey (2016), Taylor Decker (2016), and Nick Bosa (2019)?

I don’t trust that our lame azz GMs would’ve drafted any one of those guys...

• Sympathy 1

Wait, tell me a win now is more important than a much higher draft pick because moral and stuff. 

200.gif&key=3fe0f9b7f6ebaf7443971a2ba369c236a587aff0af8ce03d2ccc6ecf3b86202f

I'll tell you that right now. Please tell me how the high draft picks have vaulted this team into the Company Elite ... I await your retort.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets' seemingly annual tradition of winning meaningless late season games continue.  To the surprise of no one.  

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This is another reason I think we will probably win this game. Messing up our draft position is what we do. 

lol

Doesn’t matter if we draft 3 or 12.   We’ll fukk it up.   

• Upvote 1