The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nope. 

Mr. Johnson made his point when he publicly said Coach Gase is returning next season.  Flying planes didn’t work; billboards won’t either. Face to face?  LOL. 

They don’t represent us

SAR I

What represents us then?  We're about to miss the playoffs for the 9th straight time yet you're a firm believer in CJ/WJ/Gase.  We very well might finish 5-11 for the 3rd time in 4 years.  I'm starting to think that being 5-11 is what represents us

Season Team League Conference Division Regular season
Finish Wins Losses Ties
2011 2011 NFL AFC East 2nd 8 8 0
2012 2012 NFL AFC East 3rd 6 10 0
2013 2013 NFL AFC East 2nd 8 8 0
2014 2014 NFL AFC East 4th 4 12 0
2015 2015 NFL AFC East 2nd 10 6 0
2016 2016 NFL AFC East 4th 5 11 0
2017 2017 NFL AFC East 4th 5 11 0
2018 2018 NFL AFC East 4th 4 12 0

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/19/2019 at 12:18 PM, JetsYanks13 said:

Also, this is the United States and people can spend their money any way they like.

Nobody saying they cant.  

We're saying its stupid and a pointless waste of money.

BTW, money the they got through donations, not out of their pockets

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're about to miss the playoffs for the 9th straight time yet you're a firm believer in CJ/WJ/Gase. 

And Gase is responsible for only one of those seasons.  A season that going into we assumed wouldn't lead to playoffs.

But now we should act shocked, blame Gase as if we thought we would make the playoffs and its his fault.  As is that Rex and Bowles didn't make the playoffs 8 seasons before this miss.

Chris Johnson made a hiring decision. Whether you agree with that decision or not, that decision is ADAM GASE for a minimum of three years. I'm glad all you knew jerk regards won't get your way. At the very least Gase Deserves the opportunity to try and build his vision of the team.

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And Gase is responsible for only one of those seasons.  A season that going into we assumed wouldn't lead to playoffs.

But now we should act shocked, blame Gase as if we thought we would make the playoffs and its his fault.  As is that Rex and Bowles didn't make the playoffs 8 seasons before this miss.

True but what has Gase shown us so far?  Does he seem like the guy who can overcome Belichick?  Does he seem like the guy that can get the team to win when the chips are down? 

Were we even competitive against the Patriots in either game?  Heck, we got pasted by the Browns and the Eagles.  The Jags beat us pretty handily.  We lost to an 0-7 team and an 0-11 team.  We almost got swept by the Dolphins.  I actually think we showed some life against the Ravens (and it was probably the most encouraging game of the year) but we still got doubled up (42-21). 

I'm tired of this 5-11 and 4-12 crap year after year already.  How much patience do you plan on giving Gase?  If we're 6-10 next year are you going to say "he needs at least 3-4 years"?  Mike Tomlin is winning this year with his 3rd string QB and he no longer has Bell or AB (who were the foundation of the team).  Let's see how we stack up to them tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

True but what has Gase shown us so far?  Does he seem like the guy who can overcome Belichick?  Does he seem like the guy that can get the team to win when the chips are down? 

Were we even competitive against the Patriots in either game?  Heck, we got pasted by the Browns and the Eagles.  The Jags beat us pretty handily.  We lost to an 0-7 team and an 0-11 team.  We almost got swept by the Dolphins.  I actually think we showed some life against the Ravens (and it was probably the most encouraging game of the year) but we still got doubled up (42-21). 

I'm tired of this 5-11 and 4-12 crap year after year already.  How much patience do you plan on giving Gase?  If we're 6-10 next year are you going to say "he needs at least 3-4 years"?  Mike Tomlin is winning this year with his 3rd string QB and he no longer has Bell or AB (who were the foundation of the team).  Let's see how we stack up to them tomorrow.

What did you expect him to show you?

With all the injuries on this team, the lack of talent at too many positions, do you think we've won more games than we should have?  Or do you actually think with a different HC and this team they put on the field should have won more games?  I don't.  

I'm tired too.  But none of it is because of these players or this coaching staff.  And as I said, I don't think it was avoidable given the roster and injuries 

Tomlin doesn't have as many injuries, started with a much better team too.  But he is a good HC, well established.  Though I've had more than a few here tell me hes overrated because I think hes one of the top HC's in the NFL

On 12/18/2019 at 2:42 PM, SAR I said:

No.  But he should be in the conversation.

Excuses are for losers.  Reasons aren't excuses.  There is a reason the Jets have struggled this season.  We are putting the worst roster in the NFL on the field since October and yet have gone 5-5.  That's amazing.  It really is.

SAR I

Please stop. We have also played equally horrible teams in Miami twice, Cincy, Washington, Giants. We barely beat the mighty Dolphins at home and got embarrassed by Cincy. We were also the only team in league history to lose twice to 2 winless teams in the same year. Consider me unimpressed. 

40 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Please stop. We have also played equally horrible teams in Miami twice, Cincy, Washington, Giants. We barely beat the mighty Dolphins at home and got embarrassed by Cincy. We were also the only team in league history to lose twice to 2 winless teams in the same year. Consider me unimpressed. 

So you had us at 8-8 perfectly healthy and we will probably end on a 6-6 run with a healthy QB leading a pile of backups and third stringers and you’re unimpressed why?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Sar what time are you getting to the stadium on Sunday? Should be a good game, I like the matchup for the Jets. Need the oline to give Sam a little time.

I always arrive in Lot E at 11AM to ensure I get a good parking spot.  Better way early than too late.

We're holding the flag on the field, so may get there a touch earlier just to make sure we have no conflicts.

I will have wound up going to all 8 home games this year.  Do I get some points bonus?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:51 PM, Maxman said:

Cease and Desist letter from the NFL.

I was told that they had to change the name of their old site because of a similar situation (copyright issues on shirts they were selling).

It is a slippery slope. At the end of the day I just want to be a fan. If the Jets irate me to the level that I want to raise money from other people to "send a message" I would honesty just walk away from being a fan. Life is too short imo.

You have a TON of misinformation here. Whoever told you that was wrong.

Our t-shirts were not an issue. I took the t-shirt store down because I no longer wanted to sell shirts. We had no Jets logos on them (or anything that looked like a Jets logo) and agreements in place with every player on the shirts where they received royalties for each one sold. 

They had an issue with the name of our website (nyjetsfans.com) and magazine (NYJF) because they were claiming that those names confused consumers in to thinking there was an affiliation with the team... so I made some changes to the magazine and changed the company from New York Jets Fans to New York Sports Fans... a welcomed change since it made us a much better/well rounded company that covers all NY sports instead of just one team. 

Also... the issue with the billboard company had nothing to do with trademark issues. The billboard company signed a contract with us... they approved the artwork... were happy about the promotion they were receiving when we posted the story avout the billboards coming... and then less than 48 hours before the boards were scheduled to post, they pulled the rug out from under me. Pretty clear to me what happened there.

There are articles written about the billboards that were either changed to remove all mention of them, headlines changed to promote Jets propaganda, billboard companies refusing to honor a contract, and now a cease and desist sent my way. 

Regardless of how you feel about the campaign, It appears to me (and I have been told by more than 3 people inside that building) that there is a massive Jets PR attempt at blocking the fans ability to protest publicly. Instead of setting up a town hall so that fans could vent their perfectly valid frustrations to ownership and the front office, they would rather spend time trying to pretend we only represent a tiny percentage of fans. 

Good luck selling tickets next year. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:10 AM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Do you disagree with the list? I think Tomlin is a little low and Garret a little to high. Also Callahan should be lower. Other than that the list looks spot on to me.

Ugh, yeah.

Gruden head of McDermmot & Tomlin. .  Garret ahead of all of them, Callahan at 10

Lots to disagree with 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

So you had us at 8-8 perfectly healthy and we will probably end on a 6-6 run with a healthy QB leading a pile of backups and third stringers and you’re unimpressed why?

SAR I

Because they have played some really bad teams over the last half of the season and barely managed a 3-2 record against those teams including 2 embarrassing losses against previously winless teams as I pointed out before and when they play a winning team they get stomped. They are likely on their way to a 5-11 season. I'm just not a fan of Gase. I think he is a lousy coach and I feel he will be gone by the end of next year. 

On 12/22/2019 at 11:35 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd rather buy something for one of my kids than spend my money on something as dumb as a banner asking for a first year head coach who will finish the season 6-2 or 5-3 to be fired. 

Especially given the talent and injuries he's had to deal with. 

I am not sold on Gase, he is stubborn and he provides many reasons to be concerned.

Firing him though? The team has played hard all year through a ridiculous amount of injuries. Darnold is getting better every week.

Fire him and start over? Why so Christopher Johnson can botch the decision again? No thanks. No experienced coach with options will come here. You just can't have Darnold learning a new offense three years in a row. You want to mess the kid up? Fire Gase that's how you mess him up.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am not sold on Gase, he is stubborn and he provides many reasons to be concerned.

Firing him though? The team has played hard all year through a ridiculous amount of injuries. Darnold is getting better every week.

Fire him and start over? Why so Christopher Johnson can botch the decision again? No thanks. No experienced coach with options will come here. You just can't have Darnold learning a new offense three years in a row. You want to mess the kid up? Fire Gase that's how you mess him up.

That's exactly my thought process. 

The reality is that the Jets over/under this year was 7.5. the Jets are 6-6 with Darnold. They may not have exceeded expectations but they haven't exactly disappointed. 

Let's see how we do in year 2. I think battling for a playoff spot should be the expectation. If we have another 6-10 type year then we can discuss firing gase.