SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

4 hours ago, NYallDay said:

I got stuck in one of the tweets going back and forth about this. I don’t agree with it. It’s bigger than football when a persons family has to see their husband/father looking like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you also think it's wrong to ever fire a HC who has a family then because that's embarrassing too and the HC's family will certainly find out about it.

Also, I assume you think it's also wrong to criticize a HC in a public way (e.g. sports radio, JetNation, Twitter, YouTube, etc) because the HC's family can easily read/hear about it there. 

Basically, we're stuck with Gase for life.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since Sam came back from mononucleosis:

- Jets are 5-5.

- Jets have won 4 of their last 6 games.

- Jets are 4-1 at home.

Oh, and that's with the NFL's most injured roster.   Over $60M of cap on IR.

Gase has done an amazing job.  Not average, not good.  Amazing.

SAR I

Yet you're not a fan of his...

4 hours ago, Jetstream said:

Seems like an incredibly stupid way to spend your money... IF you really wanted to send an effective message to the Johnsons, then use your money to buy as many seats to sunday's game and burn them... an Empty stadium is really the way... just my 2 cents...

Maybe it's STH's who already have the sunk cost and want to protest.

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

It's Christmas, have a heart. Geebus.

I can't believe these selfish Jet fans (who have loyally supported this team throughout the decades yet haven't seen them in a Superbowl in 50 years) can't finally show a little bit of patience with this team.  Adam Gase has done an incredible job avoiding getting swept by the Dolphins on a last second FG.  And he's only lost to one 0-11 team this year.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

These are the same dopes who call Benigno and wonder why we’re forced to hire coaches from the C list. Filthy Central Jersey trash. Let them go root for the Eagles, where their kin is. 

Right!  Isn't that exactly what Mike McCarthy said?  "I have no concerns about the front office and organizational structure.  The Jet fans are the reason I don't want to coach here".

image.thumb.png.2589ebc06d56552dd59ebf8697599656.png

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

SAR and Tom teaming up to try and convince us all that the Jets are fine and everything is great. Strange times indeed. 

I have a pet theory on this:

Since no sane Jet fan would support Gase/Johnson after what we've seen so far this season, there has to be some kind of ulterior motive.  SAR I is wealthy (or at least he keeps saying he is) so my guess is that T0m is angling for a job.

As for why SAR I supports Gase/Johnson, remember I said "sane Jet fan".

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

How about:

"Things are looking up around here!"

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdailysnark.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Fthumb-87.jpg&sp=50e5326d382a4a6005f990163fe8d045&anticache=791340

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What SAR and I have in common is that our primary concern is for the Jets brand, and we don’t want to see the franchise humiliated any further than it already has been. They need to do smart things and firing Gase because of some mongo feels is not the smart thing at this time.

"Protect the Jets' brand.  Keep Gase!"

Screen-Shot-2019-08-08-at-70928-PM-72f9ee78c1f88b7dedc0d248bc37f05b.jpg&sp=73318c0ed9cef93618b7b4c98d2935cd&anticache=633535

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

"Gase has done an amazing job.  Not average, not good.  Amazing"

WireAP_0b3ce74292dd48bb9abfbf4eaaac6180_16x9_992.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since Sam came back from mononucleosis:

- Jets are 5-5.

- Jets have won 4 of their last 6 games.

- Jets are 4-1 at home.

Oh, and that's with the NFL's most injured roster.   Over $60M of cap on IR.

Gase has done an amazing job.  Not average, not good.  Amazing.

SAR I

Agreed.  Who do you think wins coach of the year in the NFL this year: Gase or Mike Tomlin?  It could be a dead heat going into week 16 though I think Gase might have a slight advantage.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Some people have Gase Derangement Syndrome.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the guy, but he deserves a full off season (draft/FA) with a GM that understands the value of an oline. If Sam didn't catch mono they might be in the playoff race right now despite all the injuries on what was already a generally shallow roster prior to his arrival. Next season will be a better gauge of his ability.  

Definitely!  Those seasons where he was the HC of the Dolphins don't even count!

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He made the playoffs and was competitive every year... did you think he underachieved with that roster and back up QBs?

He's a great coach!  

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dolphins totally took off once they were freed of Evil Adam’s grasp tho 

No way!  Sure Miami was trying their best to tank, which is why they traded Minkah, Tunsil, etc.  But the great Adam Gase managed to avoid getting swept by them due to a last second FG. 

Gase shouldn't just be guaranteed 2020 but also 2021.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

marv levy had 5 seasons in kc before he joined the bills.  in kc he had all of one year over 500, one at 500 and the rest way under 500.  he joins the bills and wins the afc 4 years in a row.

give gase a chance.  we all know the current jet team needs some serious upgrades no matter who the coach is.

Good point.  We stuck with Todd Bowles and that worked out swimmingly!

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Nor does the QB being consistently injured down there or that Miami was dysfunctional prior to Gase. Context matters. He was 2 games under .500 with a dysfunctional franchise, oh the humanity.

A last second FG was all that prevented him from going 0-3 against the Dolphins and Bengals this year (all 3 with Darnold at QB).

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you quoting something I said or @SAR I  said, im confused. 

Please explain. 

I quoted SAR but I guess he quoted you so it brought your post into the picture as well.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell either is a candidate. 

Mike Tomlin is absolutely a candidate.  Adam Gase will be laughed at.

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Deal.  

That is all I ask. That is all anyone should ask. 

SAR I

That's all you ask?  Do you ask that question as a 2-time member of the Jets' Fan Advisory Board or as an individual fan?

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

They are idiots because they don’t share your opinion?  Get over yourself.

Reminds me of how SAR likes to say "don't worry about how rich people spend their money".  Meanwhile, he freaks out over how (likely middle class) people spend theirs.

And it makes me laugh how people are so worried about how Gase will feel, as if he had no idea that when he took the job that he might be criticized.  And he's also getting paid millions for doing a bad job so far (barely escaping an 0-3 record vs the Dolphins and Bengals).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And a made FG was all that prevented him from beating the Bills and Dolphins putting us at 7-7 right now, and 7-3 since Darnold’s return. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

SAR I

It's like that old saying: "you aren't what your record says you are".

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_11997874.jpg

You and your airplane buddies should be ashamed of yourselves. 

SAR I

Because he has a family he can't be criticized?  I guess we probably can't fire him either then.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_11997874.jpg

SAR I

Did you ever chant "Joe Must Go"?  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This is what happens when an 11-5 team loses its OL, its Secondary, its Kicker, and playmaking WR1 and TE1. 

This was a great season. It's not like we were going to the Super Bowl. The idea was to validate Adam Gase as a head coach, see Sam Darnold take steps in his second year, and see if our young Safeties could thrive in an aggressive defense.  Passed with flying colors. And as an added bonus, we discovered several third and fourth string projects that might actually be decent players. 

But the best thing about this season is that the culture has definitely changed in Florham Park and that is due to Adam Gase and his leadership, his ability to stay focused, and his ability to keep the locker room together through tremendous adversity. I'm very proud of this team. 

SAR I

So why are you not a Gase fan then?

image.thumb.png.4fa0364847d4d6553a6a9d321c585a9b.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_11997874.jpg

SAR I

I can't believe you would say this on a public forum.  Gase's family can read this site.  You and everyone who criticizes Gase on this forum should be ashamed of yourselves.

image.thumb.png.f34479c9f60b15941fd2a7a346849d55.png

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is what happens when an 11-5 team loses its OL, its Secondary, its Kicker, and playmaking WR1 and TE1. 

This was a great season. It's not like we were going to the Super Bowl. The idea was to validate Adam Gase as a head coach, see Sam Darnold take steps in his second year, and see if our young Safeties could thrive in an aggressive defense.  Passed with flying colors. And as an added bonus, we discovered several third and fourth string projects that might actually be decent players. 

But the best thing about this season is that the culture has definitely changed in Florham Park and that is due to Adam Gase and his leadership, his ability to stay focused, and his ability to keep the locker room together through tremendous adversity. I'm very proud of this team. 

SAR I

So Gase should be our "All Decade HC" then?

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes criticize him all you like. But putting his picture on a billboard to be fired and characterized as a clown when he’s been here less than a year is classless and stupid. For the love of God this team has sucked for fifty plus years. Way before Adan Gase showed up and most likely will still suck after he leaves. But yeah, he’s  the only problem. Nonsense. 

I have nothing to do with the billboard and I had nothing to do with the plane.  Also, I don't think he's the only problem with the team.  Tbh, I didn't even realize they painted him like a clown (or I guess "Joker" from Batman).  I thought it was just another "Fire Gase" billboard.  But, regardless, I just think the defenses people are coming up with are absurd. 

If he didn't want to risk being criticized then HC of the NYJ (or any other team) was not a job he should have taken.  He gets paid handsomely to do his job and I guarantee you there are MANY other coaches in football (assistants, college coaches, etc) who would relish the opportunity he has, despite the risk of a billboard.

Do you think Adam Gase regrets getting into coaching and that he'd rather have been an insurance salesman?

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/20/adam-gase-insurance-salesman-jets-coach-almost-ended-career-before-it-began/

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Many NY Jets HC's have failed, many GM's have failed, many players have failed, this organization. 

The world we live in today with social media is all about things like this billboard. 

People always look for someone to blame when something goes wrong. 

Adam Gase and his family do not deserve this billboard. 

Give the guy a chance with a better healthier roster. 

joewilly12 

There are many fans who pay a lot of money to support this team.  There are also many others who don't spend big money on the team but are passionate fans who have dedicated a lot of time watching their favorite team lose.  They know the owner isn't going to fire himself so taking it out on the HC or the GM is their only outlet (should they choose any outlet). 

Honestly I'm mostly indifferent to all this stuff.  I just want the Jets to win.  If Gase can win, great!  If he can't, though, then let's move on to the next guy and not waste any more time.   

Regarding the "he has a family so he doesn't deserve this billboard" argument, do you think if Gase was offered a chance to go back in time and not accept the Jets job, he would choose that option?

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

These are the same dopes who call Benigno and wonder why we’re forced to hire coaches from the C list. Filthy Central Jersey trash. Let them go root for the Eagles, where their kin is. 

I guess that means the Eagles won a Superbowl 2 years ago with a "C list" HC.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There's logic.

Bowles was given a chance and failed, therefore no other HC should be given a chance because they'll fail too.

briliant

So when someone says "good teams don't fire HC's after 1 year", do you make the same claim ("there's logic")?  

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, I do.  You only get 2 shots at an NFL head coaching job and he chose to invest that second chance on us.

And how do we repay him after he loses not one but two quarterbacks, half his OL, his best two receivers, half his LB's, and his kicker?

We fly planes asking for his removal after 4 measly games.  And after he goes and wins 3 in a row and 4 of his last 6 games?  A billboard depicting him as a clown at Christmas. 

It's disgusting.  What hashtag whores will do for a few hundred bucks is astounding.  But what's more astounding are enablers like you who applaud their actions and support their stupid blog.

SAR I

He chose to invest his 2nd chance with us?!  Which other teams were beating down his door last year?  

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company