SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

Look, the guy was a bad hire. I think most people understood that from the start. Many rallied around him because he was now a Jet.

But it’s very clear he isn’t the right guy. No need to waste 3 years out of some misguided sense of loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The focking New York Knicks have more recently made the playoffs than the Jets - several years more recently 

Ewww. That’s right and so sad.  

45 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If I may offer some slight officiating to this cat fight:

You're both right. There isn't only one right answer. As always just about every problem in life is a combination of factors. Greg Williams is an excellent coach with a HOF resume. He's been doing this for so long that he's forgotten more than most young coaches know. GW was able to come in here and pick up the talent that was already here and there was a decent amount of talent at least on defense. Leonard Williams, CJ Mosley, and Jamal Adams give you considerable talent at all 3 levels of defense.

Gase, on the other hand, has almost NOTHING to work with. This team has been neglected on offense for just about 13 or so years now. Sure, Mac took a QB but he gave Sammy absolutely nothing to work with. I've yet to see any young QB be forced to have to work with this horrible bunch of players that most wouldn't even be starters for any other team. It's IMPOSSIBLE to look the slightest bit competent when you don't even have the basics on your side - an OL.

So to look at this situation like it's black and white, is very short sighted. Rebuilding this team is always going to be about a good mixture of players on O, D, and ST. So you're both right.

The things with Gase though isn’t just this past season.  Its his track record as a HC.

He has consistently put out a bottom of the league offense. 

In order to have confidence that Gase can put together a true NFL offense you have to believe he’s just been terribly unlucky the past 5 years - with injuries and talent.  If you don’t believe someone can be that unlucky than the only conclusion you can come up with is he’s a bad coach....

9 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

What makes Matt Millen worse than Mac? It can be argued either way who was the worst ever but there both up there and that says all you need to know about the talent on this roster 

And it’s not just talent. It’s how the resource we’re used in whole picture of building a team 

Matt Millen drafted a HOF WR - what did Mac do?

Millen was head and shoulders better than Mac.  Mac was possibly the worst GM the sport has ever seen.  Certainly the worst in Jets history.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Beat the bills in Game 1, beat the bengals and dolphins which makes 10 wins. As much as I dislike the HC, 10 wins was achievable!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So the argument here is the Jets had talent to win 10 games yet only won 7 and that’s why you’re saying Gase was good?

Gase must go.

Notice the defense got better in the second half, yes weaker schedule but they capitalized on it.

Offense...Gase is very bad.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company