SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

Chris Johnson made a hiring decision. Whether you agree with that decision or not, that decision is ADAM GASE for a minimum of three years. I'm glad all you knew jerk regards won't get your way. At the very least Gase Deserves the opportunity to try and build his vision of the team.

BAD TIMING. The Jets owner actually IS receptive and can be responsive to fan requests, but certainly not after Gase was just hired and forced to work with a roster comprised of hot garbage. Not to mention the owner just acted on the billboards only 5 years ago.

7 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Apples and oranges- Your second point proves who the better coach on the Jets is. Williams lost Mosley, essentially his QB of the defense. He also utilized no name CB’s and he was down to his 4th string LBer’s. The HC’s offense was pathetic and last in the league. Also, his offenses have been in the bottom of the league the last several years. I see a pattern of shi$$y coaching. What makes you think this HC is suddenly going to lead this team to perhaps a top 10 offensive ranking?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If I may offer some slight officiating to this cat fight:

You're both right. There isn't only one right answer. As always just about every problem in life is a combination of factors. Greg Williams is an excellent coach with a HOF resume. He's been doing this for so long that he's forgotten more than most young coaches know. GW was able to come in here and pick up the talent that was already here and there was a decent amount of talent at least on defense. Leonard Williams, CJ Mosley, and Jamal Adams give you considerable talent at all 3 levels of defense.

Gase, on the other hand, has almost NOTHING to work with. This team has been neglected on offense for just about 13 or so years now. Sure, Mac took a QB but he gave Sammy absolutely nothing to work with. I've yet to see any young QB be forced to have to work with this horrible bunch of players that most wouldn't even be starters for any other team. It's IMPOSSIBLE to look the slightest bit competent when you don't even have the basics on your side - an OL.

So to look at this situation like it's black and white, is very short sighted. Rebuilding this team is always going to be about a good mixture of players on O, D, and ST. So you're both right.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop with this already.  The Jets weren't bottom of the league in offense.  The backups were. You don't know what our real offense would have looked like.  It didn't play this year.  I believe that what we saw from the scrubs, if we were healthy, we would have been just fine.

SAR I

We're NOT bottom of the league? SAR - in EVERY single statistic that measures team offense, YPG, PPG, PYPG, RYPG, etc... The Jets are at the very highest 28th. The Jets offense is nothing better than HORRIBLE. That's a fact you're going to have to wrap your head around.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company