SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because he has a family he can't be criticized?  I guess we probably can't fire him either then.

Not because he has a family, but because he’s human. The guy is the head football coach for the NY Jets not the POTUS. He was a bad hire by a bad owner. Do I want him gone? Yes, but I also realize the guy is doing the best that he can. I’m not going to publicly humiliate him for failing at job he couldn’t handle. This is not a Rich Kotite situation where the head coach worked bankers hours and completely mailed it in. 

I believe Lamar is the largest out of home company in the US. I’m sure the Jets partner with a major media company that put a stop to this. 

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Cease and Desist letter from the NFL.

I was told that they had to change the name of their old site because of a similar situation (copyright issues on shirts they were selling).

It is a slippery slope. At the end of the day I just want to be a fan. If the Jets irate me to the level that I want to raise money from other people to "send a message" I would honesty just walk away from being a fan. Life is too short imo.

I’m as against the billboard as anyone, but its a bad look by the Jets and the league to go after this guy with lawyers.  Would have preferred the Jets to allow the billboard to go up, and take the high road. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think these are two different things.

1. The media company made a decision to not run the billboard. They (I am assuming) are a private entity and are making a business decision. More $ to be had by big sponsors (NFL) so they probably just walked away. I have now knowledge of this situation but from the information posted it looks like this was originally flagged over potential copyright violations (joker). That is a real issue.

2. The letter from the NFL:  Page two of the letter shows this isn't the first back and forth they have had. The logo change seems to be copyright infringement. If I was running a site and I was forced to shut it down because of copyright issues (which I was told he was), I wouldn't use anything that looked like the Jets logo when I said fire adam gase. Make a new logo not in the Jets exact pattern and color.

My two cents.

We were pitched this week by a different fan shop selling similar merchandise. Told them thanks but no thanks because they did the same thing. Took the Jets logo and tweaked it. I am not a lawyer and really don't know much about this stuff, but that seems like trouble. Especially if you do it and then sell merchandise (profit).

Guess that makes it two and a half cents.

I totally understand Lamars POV. Beyond the NFL and the Jets they partner with major advertising/media buyers and those relationships are critical.

The Jets and NFL are absolutely within their rights to shut this stuff down, but my point is that it’s a bad look. This is a fan website that isn’t doing this stuff for major profit. It’s not a situation like in Boston where those guys were making a small fortune on the Yankees Suck T-shirt. Why even get involved in this? 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company