SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

That would be hysterical. We could probably get Bless to pay for the billboard if we included him lol.

10 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I want Gase gone but this isn’t the way to do it.  Who wants to come work here when this is how fans treat you?  

Unfortunately I think the clown face should be on the one who started this.  He was on the board years ago and disappeared.  He started the Idzik campaign to start a magazine and shirt printing business.  This is all attention for him to help his business grow.  

Just want the record to reflect he was never banned or even warned here. There was a time where some of his guys were blasting me and I never banned his account here. Not sure why he stopped posting here. We even had Glenn interview him early on.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Sets a really weird precedent for anytime a coach struggles now. Does this happen to every coach the fans don’t like?

When I want to protest I refuse to buy large soft drinks at the stadium. I go no bigger than medium. It adds up and sends a clear message.

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

SAR and Tom teaming up to try and convince us all that the Jets are fine and everything is great. Strange times indeed. 

This is definitely one of the stranger dynamics here this year.

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

That rag wants you to write to them.  It shows Manish is getting clicks and generating buzz.  Everyone is better off ignoring him and not reading that paper at all.

Except the entry I submitted (@JetNation) was his favorite. I AM HIS FAVORITE.  :)

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know my cause is righteous because of who my enemies are. 

In fairness you are working off of a recent list. There is no way you could know all your enemies, there are so many of them.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

SAR 1 is a known glue sniffer

LINK?

38 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Hes still running a similar ad with the same people. He just had to tweak things. 

p.s. **** gase

I thought he said he wasn't running anything now:

Cease and Desist letter from the NFL.

I was told that they had to change the name of their old site because of a similar situation (copyright issues on shirts they were selling).

It is a slippery slope. At the end of the day I just want to be a fan. If the Jets irate me to the level that I want to raise money from other people to "send a message" I would honesty just walk away from being a fan. Life is too short imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

This is out of order time wise but this one says they wanted a person's name on this and that is why it was denied.

31 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

I’m as against the billboard as anyone, but its a bad look by the Jets and the league to go after this guy with lawyers.  Would have preferred the Jets to allow the billboard to go up, and take the high road. 

I think these are two different things.

1. The media company made a decision to not run the billboard. They (I am assuming) are a private entity and are making a business decision. More $ to be had by big sponsors (NFL) so they probably just walked away. I have now knowledge of this situation but from the information posted it looks like this was originally flagged over potential copyright violations (joker). That is a real issue.

2. The letter from the NFL:  Page two of the letter shows this isn't the first back and forth they have had. The logo change seems to be copyright infringement. If I was running a site and I was forced to shut it down because of copyright issues (which I was told he was), I wouldn't use anything that looked like the Jets logo when I said fire adam gase. Make a new logo not in the Jets exact pattern and color.

My two cents.

We were pitched this week by a different fan shop selling similar merchandise. Told them thanks but no thanks because they did the same thing. Took the Jets logo and tweaked it. I am not a lawyer and really don't know much about this stuff, but that seems like trouble. Especially if you do it and then sell merchandise (profit).

Guess that makes it two and a half cents.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Doesn't MLB do this too? Remember R44 trying to do an MLB fan site and they sent him a cease and desist on the logos before the site was even live?

I actually don't recall this.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is an 11-5 team, injured. 

SAR I

Sar what time are you getting to the stadium on Sunday? Should be a good game, I like the matchup for the Jets. Need the oline to give Sam a little time.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2019 at 11:35 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd rather buy something for one of my kids than spend my money on something as dumb as a banner asking for a first year head coach who will finish the season 6-2 or 5-3 to be fired. 

Especially given the talent and injuries he's had to deal with. 

I am not sold on Gase, he is stubborn and he provides many reasons to be concerned.

Firing him though? The team has played hard all year through a ridiculous amount of injuries. Darnold is getting better every week.

Fire him and start over? Why so Christopher Johnson can botch the decision again? No thanks. No experienced coach with options will come here. You just can't have Darnold learning a new offense three years in a row. You want to mess the kid up? Fire Gase that's how you mess him up.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were outscored by 83 points on the season.  7th-worst in the league.  The roster is bad, and Gase is bad.  These aren't mutually exclusive points.

These things could both be true and at the same time a go fund me could be a bad idea. Just a bad look imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

At some point, this has to get a little embarrassing for these guys, yes?

No sure how they feel but the constructive criticism I would send their way is, you might not want to call this a "stunt".

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

6-2 stretches since 2011 has nothing to do with nothing. The bottom line is the team finished 7-9, did not make the playoffs, offense was 32nd in the league. Is this coach poised to take the next step and lead this team to a championship? That’s what’s important. Bowled was a horrible HC, but Rex was Lombardi compared to Gase.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What's the highest regular season win total for a Rex team?

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Wait a minute you mean to tell me that Lou Grasso went 12-1 last season and we aren't at least giving him a call? Yesterday Joe Douglas said they "will always listen"

Joe Douglas has no control over the head coach. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

11 wins and more importantly led the team to back to back AFC championship games. Not the biggest Rex fan, but those 2 seasons were fun, exciting, productive and almost led to a championship.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I went to both of those road games and drove home pretty sad each time lol.

Great seasons though for sure. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:59 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Adam Gase sucks, yes, but I just wanted to bump this thread to wish the NYSF guy a Happy Offseason and remind him that his dumb publicity stunt and 4 seconds of fame did not yield any results. That's all.

Well I think he must be reading this. We have registrations closed because we were getting hit with so many Buffalo Bills spam accounts, many were racist and vulgar. So we are manually approving new registrations.

Anyhow I think the founder signed up here on 12/23, I just activated the account now. There were a whole bunch, I haven't had a lot of free time and haven't been able to check.

His old account should work, he was never banned or anything like that. But if he sees this, you should be able to login.

Everyone --- no need to fight. Just want to throw that out there before it starts. Fire Gase, don't fire Gase. Fly a billboard, don't fly a billboard, we all want the same thing and that is the Jets to win. Just want to leave that there before everyone starts yelling at each other lol.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2019 at 12:03 AM, NYSFmag said:

You have a TON of misinformation here. Whoever told you that was wrong.

Our t-shirts were not an issue. I took the t-shirt store down because I no longer wanted to sell shirts. We had no Jets logos on them (or anything that looked like a Jets logo) and agreements in place with every player on the shirts where they received royalties for each one sold. 

They had an issue with the name of our website (nyjetsfans.com) and magazine (NYJF) because they were claiming that those names confused consumers in to thinking there was an affiliation with the team... so I made some changes to the magazine and changed the company from New York Jets Fans to New York Sports Fans... a welcomed change since it made us a much better/well rounded company that covers all NY sports instead of just one team. 

Also... the issue with the billboard company had nothing to do with trademark issues. The billboard company signed a contract with us... they approved the artwork... were happy about the promotion they were receiving when we posted the story avout the billboards coming... and then less than 48 hours before the boards were scheduled to post, they pulled the rug out from under me. Pretty clear to me what happened there.

There are articles written about the billboards that were either changed to remove all mention of them, headlines changed to promote Jets propaganda, billboard companies refusing to honor a contract, and now a cease and desist sent my way. 

Regardless of how you feel about the campaign, It appears to me (and I have been told by more than 3 people inside that building) that there is a massive Jets PR attempt at blocking the fans ability to protest publicly. Instead of setting up a town hall so that fans could vent their perfectly valid frustrations to ownership and the front office, they would rather spend time trying to pretend we only represent a tiny percentage of fans. 

Good luck selling tickets next year. 

So this post just went through, it was validating and per my previous post all the accounts for the past ten days were just approved. 

Anyhow, I typed like two sentences, not sure how I had a ton of misinformation. The copyright issue as it was told to me didn't have to do with the Jets logo or name, it had to do with a photo on a shirt. None of that matters to me, we don't sell shirts here and the shirts you guys were doing looked really good. 

The PR campaign (billboards) definitely isn't my thing so I didn't contribute. I have no idea if the Jets are doing a PR campaign to try and stop it. I am sure they are, but we aren't on their speed dial so they never involve us in that stuff anyway.

There were two threads on this topic, I just merged them into one thread.

8 hours ago, WyattV18 said:

What a bunch of clowns, we're gonna show them!

The only thing you accomplished here was getting yourself banned. Was willing to give you some rope a good parody account is funny. 

But apparently you think making fun of kids is something to laugh at. 

Goodbye.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I can only imagine how annoying and painful it is to be approving new registrations manually.  In fact, I see that @WyattV18 even signed up here.  Hi Manish!

And he already got banned.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company