SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

On 1/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, JetsYanks13 said:

Once again, I’m not doing the back and forth, but I’ll throw out questions and get no answers. What confidence do you have in this HC that he will lead this offense to top 10 in the NFL? He has not shown the ability to lead an offense higher than 24th with manning. How will he do it? Tannehill just finished the season as the top rated QB in the nfl. It’s amassing how well he did without Gase. Seems to be a trend.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What confidence do you have that Jets ownership can hire someone else who can?  

On 12/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  As if we're not allowed to be upset with the franchise after almost a decade of no playoffs.  Ownership should be absolutely thrilled that their fans care so much.  Instead we hear from people like SAR that we, the fans, need to "repay" Adam Gase.  Admittedly, though, SAR's craziness is part of his charm.

So you love embarrassing Jets fans because the Jets ownership will be thrilled that the fan base is so loyal.  LOL

When CBS owned the Yankees and ran them into the dirt, the fans stopped showing up, they stopped buying the merchandise, eating the crappy food and buying the overpriced brew.  They also stopped watching on TV.  CBS sold that team to Steinbrenner for a song.

Jets fans put up PSL's, fill the stadium and buy Jets jersey's in 3 color schemes and some of them are so whinny and entitled they want to fund a plane and truck to personally humiliate a HC in his first year who happened to do a reasonably good job with the roster he was handed.  On top of it the "JETS FANS" who put together this were actually a small commercial venture funding their magazine and twitter account without disclosing it.  

These guys aren't Jets fans, they tooled Jets fans.  Jets fans, particularly long timers are easy marks when they allow a little losing to make them bitter old men.  It's a competition and Gase had a roster built by an incompetent GM hand him a roster that can't compete.  Gase got him fired.  It's a rebuild.  It's one thing to be skeptical and criticize the X's and O's.  This is a real bad look for Jets fans.  Gase deserves a chance to compete with a decent roster.  In the meantime Sam Darnold improved and seems like he's on track to become a real good QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you love embarrassing Jets fans because the Jets ownership will be thrilled that the fan base is so loyal.  LOL

For the record, I didn't contribute to either the plane or the billboard but I honestly couldn't care less about either.  I can't tell others how/what to think but the "so you love embarrassing Jet fans" part doesn't even register with me (on this topic, at least).  I have to say that I find your argument to be really strange though.  You make it sound like my goal is to "embarrass Jet fans" in order to "display my loyalty to the team for the Johnson brothers to appreciate".  I have no idea where you came up with that.  My point is that, if the Johnson brothers were to be upset at Jet fans for the plane/billboard (and I don't think they are, btw), it would be incredibly foolish of them.  The Johnson brothers have done a terrible job (9 years without a playoff appearance!) but Jet fans have remained loyal.  And that loyalty has helped increase the value of the franchise from hundreds of millions to BILLIONS!

Btw, you know what I find embarrassing?  The Johnson buffoons keeping Macc to run the draft and free agency right before firing him.  And surprise, surprise, some of these players weren't in line with the HC's vision (e.g. Bell).

Jets fans put up PSL's, fill the stadium and buy Jets jersey's in 3 color schemes and some of them are so whinny and entitled they want to fund a plane and truck to personally humiliate a HC in his first year

How in the world did you come up with Jet fans being "whiny and entitled" from "paid for PSLs", "fill the stadium" and "buy Jets jerseys in 3 colors"?!  On top of that, they paid for the plane and the billboard!

What is whiny or entitled about ANY of those things?  It sure sounds to me like those fans have EVERY RIGHT to complain about the team.  You do realize these revenues helped contribute to making the Johnson buffoons a lot of money, right?

Jets fans, particularly long timers are easy marks when they allow a little losing to make them bitter old men.

A little losing?  LMAO!  For a long time now we've been considered a laughingstock throughout the league.  Exhibit A is in the picture below.

Btw, as much as I don't like Gase, it's the Johnson buffoons that are the real problem. 

At Least Were Not The Jets.JPG

They are whiny and entitled if they think they deserve a winner just because.  It took almost 10 years for Weeb and Werblin to build a winner and that was when there was no salary cap.  The Jets team as currently constructed is a below 500 team.  It needs to be rebuilt.  Gase is in year 1 and did a relatively good job based on how the roster was constructed.  

The die was cast when Woody let BB walk.  He wasn't paying attention.  

NFL owners aren't in a competition with each other, they are partners with each other.  NFL owners for the most part don't know much about how to field a team that can compete, that's irrelevant to their business model.  The Jets business is great.  

Rosters have to be built and coaches have to figure out how to make it work under the limitations of the CBA.  If the Jets don't put a good roster on the field for the next decade nothing will change that.  You either root for the laundry or you don't.  Jets fans are willing to pay for a crappy product and Jets ownership is willing to give it to them.  If you think ownership is the problem the only way to get rid of them is to make it unprofitable for them.  That means stop buying merchandise, tickets and watching the games on TV.  

New ownership will still have to hire good football people and they will still have to build a winning roster and hire coaches who can make it work.  I'm hopeful that Gase, who did a good job this year might be a good coach.  I'm also hopeful that Gase recognized Mac as a death sentence to his future and helped get rid of him.  Maybe we got lucky when Gase was hired?  I think it depends if Douglas can become a great GM.  At the very least, he has to draft better and out off season the Pats and the Bills.  Something Mac failed to do every year he was here.

We could lose for the next 100 years and being pissed about the coach or the owner won't change the process of how the Jets become a good team.  Being pissed at Gase who did a relatively good job in year 1 is the sign of a whiny entitled fan base. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company