SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

100%

Who does this guy think will want to coach here, other than guys with no other options?

No, Gase hasn't been all that this year. I think he sucks so far, but this isn't a competitive roster.

Certainly to outsider potential candidates who don't obsess over Gase's every ill-advised decision every game, what are the optics here? They're just going to see the horrid and impossibly-injured roster with still posting a 5-6 record when a sub-practice-squad-level 3rd stringer wasn't taking most if not all the snaps. (Not trying to go overboard ripping Falk, who did his best, but he's not an NFL QB). 

Even if this is somehow a recipe for getting rid of Gase earlier, it's also the recipe for the Jets to "fix" that error by signing another HC no better and possibly even worse to yet another 4-year contract that will ensure he's going nowhere for 3+ years even if he keeps winning just 4 games.

What's more, this will as likely as not cause Chris Johnson to get behind Gase even more - including an even stronger and more visible public vote of confidence, stating Gase is going nowhere no matter what classless billboard someone pays for - just so he doesn't look like he makes decisions based on this stuff. He may even (and arguably should) further this show of confidence by quadruple-paying the billboard owner to paint over it asap and refund that douchebag's money. 

Besides, the classy way to handle it is to go on a (then low traffic) fan-only website and put a dunce cap on a picture of the coach's head, with a childish username that makes a play on words with his name

or just your present day coach after taking a smelling salt hit in front of the guys on the practice field.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

If the HC didn’t suck at his job, then these guys wouldn’t put a billboard up. Also, this is the United States and people can spend their money any way they like.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

yes, that is absolutely correct.  And people are just as free to call them names and describe just how moronic and childish their action is.  Infantile little morons that make all other Jets fans look like jackasses. So hooray for those idiots' freedom of speech.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I couldn't care less about a billboard. It's just so astounding to me how many people feel they're actually in a position to be calling other people idiots with absolutely no awareness of their own situation.

I didn't know that I need to be aware of their situation before I can call their actions moronic and call them idiots.  Thanks for laying out the rules of just when and when I am not in "a position" to call these buffoons idiots.  I'll make sure I follow those guidelines next time I post.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile, your profile pic is of Adam Gase after he inhaled smelling salts.

image.png.9cca2390c52a5f034c859813914548da.png

Yes, it is.  Because it was real.  It happened on the practice field in front of all.  I am not publicizing him to anyone outside this community and I am not dressing him as a clown... just showing what the world h, including his family, have already seen.  Night and  day.  Nice try, but no.

I am not a gase fan.  Yet.  I am not a fan of publicly humiliating him the way the billboards do.  Gase chose to take a hit of salts on the field.  He didn't dress up in a degrading clown suit.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the way he looks in your smelling salts pic looks worse than the clown look because it caught him at his worst moment and it was real.   For argument's sake, let's say the billboard people changed it to just the picture you have on your profile (without even "Fire Gase").  Would that be considered "publicly humiliating" despite it being real?  To me that would be worse!  Imagine someone captured you when you were drunk, not feeling well, at your worst moment, etc?  

And while it's true you're not publicizing this outside of this community (JetNation.com), I'm pretty sure this is, by far, the single most popular Jets website on the interwebz.  

you are looking for excuses to justify the billboards.  SO go ahead and assess my avatar to accomplish your mission. 

These billboards are an embarrassment to all of us.

• Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company