SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah ever since you asked to see his cock he’s been quite chipper. 

*chest

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd pay good money to contribute to a "Trade Jamal" billboard.  

Jamal would chip in a few thousand for that one, too lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

He made the playoffs and was competitive every year... did you think he underachieved with that roster and back up QBs?

Dolphins totally took off once they were freed of Evil Adam’s grasp tho 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lol dont you live in Bridgeport ? 

All of the crime of 90's NYC with none of the culture 

No culture in BPT? Excuse me? They just opened a karaoke bar next to the Sazon y Mambo.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Weird not a peep about that boob Mac either, they seem to be the universe's answer to the scourge that is T0m.  Going after his boys Idzik and Gase exclusively 

I know my cause is righteous because of who my enemies are. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The article is mostly spot on and factual, what’s the problem with it? 

The only market for it is the ten paisans on Twitter whom Mehta trolls for attention. The farrrrrr majority of Jets fans knew this was going to be a bad team this year regardless of who was coaching it, and while most of them lean negative on Gase, very few of them actually blame him for the team being bad. That’ll change next season, but for now, Mehta is writing articles for those ten dudes and annoying the other 100,000 Jets fans who know better.

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

In fairness you are working off of a recent list. There is no way you could know all your enemies, there are so many of them.

I keep a spreadsheet 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't recall this being the case.  I think many Jet fans thought the team had a chance to make the playoffs.  SAR I predicted 11-5 and a division title.

Vegas had them a 6.5 wins, I believe. Most here thought 7-9.

8 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

most fans looked forward to this season and felt this team was playoff bound.

Do you live in Crazy Town? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, rammagen said:

THREAD TITLES LIKE THIS SHOULD BE BANNED THEY START ARGUMENTS ESP WHENS STARTED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH BASIC FACTS. DENY THE FACTS AND TRY TO INJECT A FALSE NARRATIVE TO PROVE A POINT THAT HAS BEEN DISPROVEN

deh deh DEH

AND YA DO WHAT THEY TOLD YA

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the billboard company refused the ads. 

the rant about free speech is stupid.

Looks like this dude wrote those emails to himself and is going to pocket the money. What kind of ad agency has a default Gmail icon? 

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think these are two different things.

1. The media company made a decision to not run the billboard. They (I am assuming) are a private entity and are making a business decision. More $ to be had by big sponsors (NFL) so they probably just walked away. I have now knowledge of this situation but from the information posted it looks like this was originally flagged over potential copyright violations (joker). That is a real issue.

2. The letter from the NFL:  Page two of the letter shows this isn't the first back and forth they have had. The logo change seems to be copyright infringement. If I was running a site and I was forced to shut it down because of copyright issues (which I was told he was), I wouldn't use anything that looked like the Jets logo when I said fire adam gase. Make a new logo not in the Jets exact pattern and color.

My two cents.

We were pitched this week by a different fan shop selling similar merchandise. Told them thanks but no thanks because they did the same thing. Took the Jets logo and tweaked it. I am not a lawyer and really don't know much about this stuff, but that seems like trouble. Especially if you do it and then sell merchandise (profit).

Guess that makes it two and a half cents.

Doesn't MLB do this too? Remember R44 trying to do an MLB fan site and they sent him a cease and desist on the logos before the site was even live?

At some point, this has to get a little embarrassing for these guys, yes?

• Upvote 4

Too bad we’re keeping Gase. Between this and the Manish twitter nonsense, it’d be a great time to try and recruit a big time coach, if only to see how many of them straight refuse to interview here 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’ll pay double 

If Max were enterprising, he’d have someone prank call Nick Saban pretending to be Chris Johnson and ask him to come in for an interview 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company