SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

Just now, Jetstream said:

Seems like an incredibly stupid way to spend your money... IF you really wanted to send an effective message to the Johnsons, then use your money to buy as many seats to sunday's game and burn them... an Empty stadium is really the way... just my 2 cents...

The stadium is SOLD OUT you cant do that, haven't you heard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Did you hear all the Bills fans at Pittsburgh on Sunday night?  Every TD, every first down, you could hear them.  On big 3rd downs the Bills fans made enough noise to interfere with the Steelers signal calling. 

How could that happen?  The Steelers have the #1 bestest fans in the league, right?

SAR I

I don't know maybe you should ask that question to Steelers fans on their message boards. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You criticize Jets fans for "letting enemy fans in the stadium" and won't recognize when it happens to the almighty Steelers as well?  We live in a world where NFL stadiums are sold out and fans sometimes can't go to games and sell tickets.  It happens.

Get your family members to buy tickets for Sunday for $39 and show up and support the team on their last home game.  We have a chance to finish 5-1 at home since Sam returned from mono.  That's great stuff.  It's Christmas.  Show the Jets you love them by keeping Steeler fans out.

SAR I

SAR I Im with you man. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't want to give the guy more traffic.  It's on his website and Twitter.

SAR I

What highway or interstate?  Rt 3? Rt 17? Turnpike? Parkway? 

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't want to give the guy more traffic.  It's on his website and Twitter.

SAR I

What highway is that on?  

joewilly12 

Instead of doing this buy tickets to a game and put NY Jets fans in the seats. 

When was the last time we had a GREEN OUT!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

Billboard needed. 

JetNation.com 

Winning is everything 

50 years and counting. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

SAR and Tom teaming up to try and convince us all that the Jets are fine and everything is great. Strange times indeed. 

I've noticed a drastic change in behavior with @T0mShane something is definitely up.

@SAR I  is @SAR I  he believes what he believes in cant fault him for that. 

joewilly12 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet you're not a fan of his...

Are you quoting something I said or @SAR I  said, im confused. 

Please explain. 

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  Who do you think wins coach of the year in the NFL this year: Gase or Mike Tomlin?  It could be a dead heat going into week 16 though I think Gase might have a slight advantage.

No way in hell either is a candidate. 

Heres the issue I have with the billboards on the highways. Instead of just saying FIRE ADAM GASE, they have a picture of him in a clown face so his family and children will see them if they attend the last home game on Sunday. 

Like him or hate him this is low-life bush league. 

What would stop Gase supporters from tearing them down. 

joewily12 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I quoted SAR but I guess he quoted you so it brought your post into the picture as well.

Ok 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mike Tomlin is absolutely a candidate.  Adam Gase will be laughed at.

No way. 

Many NY Jets HC's have failed, many GM's have failed, many players have failed, this organization. 

The world we live in today with social media is all about things like this billboard. 

People always look for someone to blame when something goes wrong. 

Adam Gase and his family do not deserve this billboard. 

Give the guy a chance with a better healthier roster. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Like most I am not sold on Gase as the answer but these billboards can only serve as a major deterent when trying to recruit the next HC. One look at this creepy sh!t and the next candidates will say thanks but no thanks.

You are a HC candidate only 32 jobs available in the NFL you are looking at a multi-million dollar contract do you not sign it because of these billboards. 

C'MON MAN. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

That rag wants you to write to them.  It shows Manish is getting clicks and generating buzz.  Everyone is better off ignoring him and not reading that paper at all.

I don't read it anymore stopped awhile ago. The entire paper is trash. 

Watch some crazy NY Jets fan who supports Adam Gase climb the ladder on the billboard structure and peel the FIRE GASE sign down the night before the game. 

@T0mShane

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the billboard company refused the ads. 

the rant about free speech is stupid.

Good news for Adam Gase and his family. 

• Post of the Week 1

The complete story not sure if it was ever posted.  Im assuming the news of the billboard company refusing to do the banners has not been updated on their site. 

DETAILS: THREE FIRE ADAM GASE BILLBOARDS COMING THIS WEEKEND!

December 17, 2019|New York Jets

rs=w:1280

Article by Jason Koeppel | Billboard Artwork by Ed West

Fans of the New York Jets attending the 2019 season finale against the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday will be greeted on the way to the stadium by another loud message from their fellow Jets fans.

Three billboards will be posted on major highways outside of the stadium, calling on owners Woody and Chris Johnson to "Save the Jets" and "Fire Adam Gase". These billboards were paid for by the same GoFundMe that flew an airplane over Manhattan with a similar message in early November. 

The donors and organizers of this GoFundMe heard Christopher Johnson's message loud and clear, that Adam Gase would not be fired under any circumstances at the end of this season. We think that is a massive mistake, and are reaching out to both Johnson brothers hoping that they realize what a terrible business decision that would be. 

On the day that Adam Gase was introduced as the Jets new coach, Christopher Johnson said, "I think that they will see this as – if not right now – they’ll see it pretty soon as a great hire. I’m not trying to win Twitter. I’m trying to win football games. I think we’re going to win football games here."

Guess what, Christopher... you are losing both. 

Obviously not every Jets fan chipped in for these billboards, but there is every reason to think that the people who did, represent the vast majority of fans. Christopher Johnson might not care about winning Twitter, but he should probably look at the responses of this recent tweet from Jets beat reporter Manish Mehta if there is any question how unhappy fans are with Adam Gase. 

Full details on billboard locations below:

Location #1: 

(I-95) New Jersey Turnpike 

290,000 Weekly Impressions

Details: This LED Billboard is located on the New Jersey Turnpike just north of Exit 16E. It is targeting commuters headed to Northern points in NJ and to people headed to the George
Washington Bridge via the New Jersey Turnpike. Traffic is originating from points in Central and Southern NJ, including Newark Airport, and from NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel. It has a great long read and is close to the road. 

Location #2: 

I-495 @ Kennedy Boulevard (Lincoln Tunnel) 

435,948 Weekly Impressions

Details: 1.5 miles from Lincoln Tunnel toll booth in NJ. This bulletin targets eastbound traffic into NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel. This unit is situated at a key focal point on I-495, reaching the flow of traffic from all points of NJ flowing to NYC by way of the NJ Turnpike, Rt. 3, and Highway 1/9. I-495, more commonly known as the "Helix", is the main artery into the Lincoln Tunnel. 

Location #3: 

RT 3: 1.5 Miles west of I-495

437,626 Weekly Impressions

Details: This digital billboard reads to westbound traffic on Rt. 3 heading towards MetLife Stadium and the American Dream Mall. This unit is less than 10 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company