The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are going to the playoffs next year.

We will find out what Gase is for sure, odds are he will be fired at some point. Because every NFL coach ever is fired. Unless you work for the Steelers or your name is Belichick.

But the same owner would pick a new coach. He already passed on McCarthy and Rhule. You are getting the d coordinator from Union high school if you fire Gase right now lol. NOBODY would touch this job.

Exactly right. 

Theres so many intangible aspects people dont consider when it comes to this stuff, like you said. 

Who would take the job, Joe Douglas contract, inter-personel with other departments, and most importantly, consistency of some sort for Sammy D. 

I find it funny that most the voices complaining about firing Gase, would then more than likely equally criticize ownership for changing coaches so often. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are going to the playoffs next year.

We will find out what Gase is for sure, odds are he will be fired at some point. Because every NFL coach ever is fired. Unless you work for the Steelers or your name is Belichick.

But the same owner would pick a new coach. He already passed on McCarthy and Rhule. You are getting the d coordinator from Union high school if you fire Gase right now lol. NOBODY would touch this job.

I don't buy into this line of thinking at all.  There are 32 of these jobs in total and only a handful are open each year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Very stupid. The owner of that magazine is an idiot and a clown though. So Macc gets 5 years to destroy the team but lets launch an all out campaign to fire a first year HC who went 7-9 while QB1 was out with mono 

He is also the same HC that has gone basically 7-9 the last three years. That’s a trend.

Very stupid. The owner of that magazine is an idiot and a clown though. So Macc gets 5 years to destroy the team but lets launch an all out campaign to fire a first year HC who went 7-9 while QB1 was out with mono 

Gase is not a first year HC and the QB was out 3 games out of 16. He had his starting QB for 13 games and still finished LAST in the NFL in offense. The defense carried the team down the stretch. Also, Macc destroyed the team, but his defensive players carried the team this year and he drafted the QB, signed Robby as an undrafted free agent, signed Crowder in free agency. You want to kill him for the O line, go ahead, but more times than not you can’t name 1 to 2 offensive lineman on other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Gase is not a first year HC and the QB was out 3 games out of 16. He had his starting QB for 13 games and still finished LAST in the NFL in offense. The defense carried the team down the stretch. Also, Macc destroyed the team, but his defensive players carried the team this year and he drafted the QB, signed Robby as an undrafted free agent, signed Crowder in free agency. You want to kill him for the O line, go ahead, but more times than not you can’t name 1 to 2 offensive lineman on other teams.

His team won 7 games after winning 5, 5 and 4 the previous 3 years.  He won those games with a decimated roster.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Would have been better if that was a food truck.

They could've sold sh*t pies.  Those would've been easier to swallow for the fools who gave their money to this guy in hopes of a fly over banner and instead got a mobile ad on a pedophile van.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

His team won 7 games after winning 5, 5 and 4 the previous 3 years.  He won those games with a decimated roster.

Give me a break, 21 wins in 4 seasons is horrible. Down the stretch, the Jets played lousy teams. A win is a win, but don’t act like Gase stood toe to toe against some of the better teams in the NFL! The D carried them, the offense finished 32nd in the NFL. Gregg Williams defense finished 15th and 7th I believe in points and yards. His defense was decimated as well, played with no corners, 4th string linebackers and mid round lineman who were afterthoughts going into this season. The D overachieved cause the Coach is a great leader on his side of the ball. Gase had Darnold (missed 3 games) bell, Robbie, crowder, Griffin for most of the season. That’s more than enough to not finish last in the NFL in offense.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

They went 7-6 in the games Darnold played.  They had no shot in the other 3 with Falk playing QB.  There are two things that are certain about Gase:  1) He can't win with a back up QB.  His teams have a 4-9 record while playing without their starting QB.  2)  He has a winning record (26-25) with his starting QB's playing.  

He's not a great coach at this point by any means but he's not the terrible coach that he's been made out to be.  Full disclosure I wanted him fired after the 1-7 start.  But the 6-2 finish has taken me off the ledge.  Next year there needs to be a lot more growth from Darnold and I'm hoping JD fixes the offensive line b/c that is what will give him the best chance at taking the next step as a QB.

• Upvote 3