The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

At some point, this has to get a little embarrassing for these guys, yes?

No sure how they feel but the constructive criticism I would send their way is, you might not want to call this a "stunt".

I am never going to give up on the Jets. Ever. I will be there every single week that I am physically able to go.

Some day they will get it right. It won't be because of a mobile pizza truck.

I am not minimizing how frustrating it is to be a Jets fan. I have as many Jets conversations as anyone. Pretty much all I do is talk about the Jets. The forums, the contact form, social media, work, everywhere. I am just saying I won't give up. I see posts like this, I am done. They won't listen to me. Find some balance, find other things in your life that are important.

I have a million good things in my life. I am also a Jets fan. I want the Jets to win the next ten Super Bowls. None of that would matter without all the good stuff that I already have (health, good fortune, the ability to work hard).

I will root for this team until the good Lord takes me from this earth. Then I will probably root for them in purgatory. I plan on getting to heaven, depending on the wifi situation I will still follow along very closely.  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am never going to give up on the Jets. Ever. I will be there every single week that I am physically able to go.

Some day they will get it right. It won't be because of a mobile pizza truck.

I am not minimizing how frustrating it is to be a Jets fan. I have as many Jets conversations as anyone. Pretty much all I do is talk about the Jets. The forums, the contact form, social media, work, everywhere. I am just saying I won't give up. I see posts like this, I am done. They won't listen to me. Find some balance, find other things in your life that are important.

I have a million good things in my life. I am also a Jets fan. I want the Jets to win the next ten Super Bowls. None of that would matter without all the good stuff that I already have (health, good fortune, the ability to work hard).

I will root for this team until the good Lord takes me from this earth. Then I will probably root for them in purgatory. I plan on getting to heaven, depending on the wifi situation I will still follow along very closely.  :)

Fair point Max, I’m not giving up on my fandom. I’ve come to far and spent decades like you watching this sh*t get dished up to us year after year.

The last decade as been brutal. Perhaps the worst in many ways of my fandom. It’s now 2020, let’s hope Douglas as an idea how to GM? That within two years, we can build a competent team and be competitive. Go Jets!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Give me a break, 21 wins in 4 seasons is horrible. Down the stretch, the Jets played lousy teams. A win is a win, but don’t act like Gase stood toe to toe against some of the better teams in the NFL! The D carried them, the offense finished 32nd in the NFL. Gregg Williams defense finished 15th and 7th I believe in points and yards. His defense was decimated as well, played with no corners, 4th string linebackers and mid round lineman who were afterthoughts going into this season. The D overachieved cause the Coach is a great leader on his side of the ball. Gase had Darnold (missed 3 games) bell, Robbie, crowder, Griffin for most of the season. That’s more than enough to not finish last in the NFL in offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

All we heard was how his players quit and hated him yet they finished 6-2.  Go check how many 6-2 stretches we've had since 2011.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were outscored by 83 points on the season.  7th-worst in the league.  The roster is bad, and Gase is bad.  These aren't mutually exclusive points.

-61 without Sam.  It's almost like you guys want to pretend we had a completely healthy, SB caliber roster.  

After Sam came back from mono we went 7-5.

• Upvote 1

All we heard was how his players quit and hated him yet they finished 6-2.  Go check how many 6-2 stretches we've had since 2011.

6-2 stretches since 2011 has nothing to do with nothing. The bottom line is the team finished 7-9, did not make the playoffs, offense was 32nd in the league. Is this coach poised to take the next step and lead this team to a championship? That’s what’s important. Bowled was a horrible HC, but Rex was Lombardi compared to Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Stop with this already.  The Jets weren't bottom of the league in offense.  The backups were. You don't know what our real offense would have looked like.  It didn't play this year.  I believe that what we saw from the scrubs, if we were healthy, we would have been just fine.
SAR I

Gase admitted many times that he is hands off with the defense. Therefore, Gregg Williams is the guy who gets credit for leading that side of the ball. You stated he’s a better coach, then why not make him the HC and hire an offensive coordinator who will rank higher than 32nd in the league? Who is on our real offense? Is Gase the coach who will win a championship with this franchise? He offensive rankings are bottom of the NFL year in and year out, what will change moving forward? How will Gase turn this offense into top 10 in the league in offense. Gregg Williams saved him this season and the defense overachieved. Been waiting a long time to see this team win a championship, but I don’t see it with this HC. I’m hoping that I am completely wrong, but once again there’s nothing that leads me to believe this guy is a leader.

I’ll give him credit for 7-9, however, I give Williams much more credit than Gase. The jets do not have a bottom 3 roster and as I mentioned Williams had that defense over performing all season. His offense ranked dead last in the NFL! That’s not a sign of a good coach. The D ranked 15th and 7th, hence the wins down the stretch.

Where did you rank them talent wise before the season started?    How many wins did you predict?   How much do you think all the injuries and Darnold getting mono dropped them talent wise in your ranking?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Apples and oranges- Your second point proves who the better coach on the Jets is. Williams lost Mosley, essentially his QB of the defense. He also utilized no name CB’s and he was down to his 4th string LBer’s. The HC’s offense was pathetic and last in the league. Also, his offenses have been in the bottom of the league the last several years. I see a pattern of shi$$y coaching. What makes you think this HC is suddenly going to lead this team to perhaps a top 10 offensive ranking?

If I may offer some slight officiating to this cat fight:

You're both right. There isn't only one right answer. As always just about every problem in life is a combination of factors. Greg Williams is an excellent coach with a HOF resume. He's been doing this for so long that he's forgotten more than most young coaches know. GW was able to come in here and pick up the talent that was already here and there was a decent amount of talent at least on defense. Leonard Williams, CJ Mosley, and Jamal Adams give you considerable talent at all 3 levels of defense.

Gase, on the other hand, has almost NOTHING to work with. This team has been neglected on offense for just about 13 or so years now. Sure, Mac took a QB but he gave Sammy absolutely nothing to work with. I've yet to see any young QB be forced to have to work with this horrible bunch of players that most wouldn't even be starters for any other team. It's IMPOSSIBLE to look the slightest bit competent when you don't even have the basics on your side - an OL.

So to look at this situation like it's black and white, is very short sighted. Rebuilding this team is always going to be about a good mixture of players on O, D, and ST. So you're both right.

34 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

6-2 stretches since 2011 has nothing to do with nothing. The bottom line is the team finished 7-9, did not make the playoffs, offense was 32nd in the league. Is this coach poised to take the next step and lead this team to a championship? That’s what’s important. Bowled was a horrible HC, but Rex was Lombardi compared to Gase.

Stop everything and go write a big check for the antiGase truck ****s.  Feel better now?

• Thumb Down 1

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are going to the playoffs next year.

We will find out what Gase is for sure, odds are he will be fired at some point. Because every NFL coach ever is fired. Unless you work for the Steelers or your name is Belichick.

But the same owner would pick a new coach. He already passed on McCarthy and Rhule. You are getting the d coordinator from Union high school if you fire Gase right now lol. NOBODY would touch this job.

Wait a minute you mean to tell me that Lou Grasso went 12-1 last season and we aren't at least giving him a call? Yesterday Joe Douglas said they "will always listen"

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop with this already.  The Jets weren't bottom of the league in offense.  The backups were. You don't know what our real offense would have looked like.  It didn't play this year.  I believe that what we saw from the scrubs, if we were healthy, we would have been just fine.

SAR I

We're NOT bottom of the league? SAR - in EVERY single statistic that measures team offense, YPG, PPG, PYPG, RYPG, etc... The Jets are at the very highest 28th. The Jets offense is nothing better than HORRIBLE. That's a fact you're going to have to wrap your head around.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Stop everything and go write a big check for the antiGase truck ****s.  Feel better now?

Your statements are meritless and offer absolutely no concrete evidence to back up any point you make. Your backing a HC with a 32nd ranked offense and who’s offense ranked bottom tier in the nfl the last few years. Please explain how this coach will suddenly lead this offense to top 10 or better?

One of the worst GM’s in NFL history you say, have you ever heard of Matt Millen? You say the QB finished 7-6 and burying the GM who drafted him. You can’t have it both ways. I’m not saying he was above average, but he drafted the D Line who overachieved, Bless Austin, One of the TE’s you referenced, Jamal Adams, maye, signed Robby undrafted, signed Crowder, Mosley. Defensive depth players who played above their talents were due to Macc.

What makes Matt Millen worse than Mac? It can be argued either way who was the worst ever but there both up there and that says all you need to know about the talent on this roster 

And it’s not just talent. It’s how the resource we’re used in whole picture of building a team 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

No sure how they feel but the constructive criticism I would send their way is, you might not want to call this a "stunt".

LOL

These guys are trying to sell a fan magazine, and they are saying "I no longer care that much. Apathy is setting in. The passion has been drained"

That should get their potential clients excited to buy their rag.  LOL

• Haha 1

Where did you rank them talent wise before the season started?    How many wins did you predict?   How much do you think all the injuries and Darnold getting mono dropped them talent wise in your ranking?

Before the season started, I saw this team as a 10 win team. Darnold played great down the stretch last year, they had an easier schedule with not much mileage, Gregg Williams leading the defense, and I thought the key was Dum Dum running the offense to Darnolds strength he was going to propel them to a 6th seed. Yes, there were injuries, but Darnold missed 3 games (Pats, Browns, Eagles) would he of won those games? Don’t know. On offense, had playmakers (Gase underutilized them) to not finish dead last in the NFL. The problem with this team is there’s always an excuse! When does it stop? Success does not come from excuse makers. Look at the schedule next year, it’s tough with 3 trips to the west coast. Will that be used as an excuse? We have Seattle, 49ers and some other really tough defenses to square up against. How will this HC gameplan to beat those type of teams? Beating lousy teams is great and all, but will this HC step up next season with his 32nd ranked offense and beat top tier and God forbid I say lead the Jets to be a top tier team. Based on his past offensive performances, I don’t see it.

45 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If I may offer some slight officiating to this cat fight:

You're both right. There isn't only one right answer. As always just about every problem in life is a combination of factors. Greg Williams is an excellent coach with a HOF resume. He's been doing this for so long that he's forgotten more than most young coaches know. GW was able to come in here and pick up the talent that was already here and there was a decent amount of talent at least on defense. Leonard Williams, CJ Mosley, and Jamal Adams give you considerable talent at all 3 levels of defense.

Gase, on the other hand, has almost NOTHING to work with. This team has been neglected on offense for just about 13 or so years now. Sure, Mac took a QB but he gave Sammy absolutely nothing to work with. I've yet to see any young QB be forced to have to work with this horrible bunch of players that most wouldn't even be starters for any other team. It's IMPOSSIBLE to look the slightest bit competent when you don't even have the basics on your side - an OL.

So to look at this situation like it's black and white, is very short sighted. Rebuilding this team is always going to be about a good mixture of players on O, D, and ST. So you're both right.

The things with Gase though isn’t just this past season.  Its his track record as a HC.

He has consistently put out a bottom of the league offense. 

In order to have confidence that Gase can put together a true NFL offense you have to believe he’s just been terribly unlucky the past 5 years - with injuries and talent.  If you don’t believe someone can be that unlucky than the only conclusion you can come up with is he’s a bad coach....

9 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

What makes Matt Millen worse than Mac? It can be argued either way who was the worst ever but there both up there and that says all you need to know about the talent on this roster 

And it’s not just talent. It’s how the resource we’re used in whole picture of building a team 

Matt Millen drafted a HOF WR - what did Mac do?

Millen was head and shoulders better than Mac.  Mac was possibly the worst GM the sport has ever seen.  Certainly the worst in Jets history.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

This healthy roster should have won 3 games, they overachieved.  Now imagine if we can bring in more talent.

• Upvote 1

This healthy roster should have won 3 games, they overachieved.  Now imagine if we can bring in more talent.

Wrong, the roster was healthy for the Bills game and lost, our roster is much better than bengals and dolphins and those games should of been wins. The jets beat teams they should have beat. Seems like underachieving to me when you lose to 2 winless teams at the time of gameplay. Also, schedules change year to year and simply bringing in more talent doesn’t necessarily correlate with more wins. How the talent is utilized, when you play teams, gameplanning and many other factors decide a teams season.

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

What's the highest regular season win total for a Rex team?

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Wait a minute you mean to tell me that Lou Grasso went 12-1 last season and we aren't at least giving him a call? Yesterday Joe Douglas said they "will always listen"

Joe Douglas has no control over the head coach. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Gase admitted many times that he is hands off with the defense. Therefore, Gregg Williams is the guy who gets credit for leading that side of the ball. You stated he’s a better coach, then why not make him the HC and hire an offensive coordinator who will rank higher than 32nd in the league? Who is on our real offense? Is Gase the coach who will win a championship with this franchise? He offensive rankings are bottom of the NFL year in and year out, what will change moving forward? How will Gase turn this offense into top 10 in the league in offense. Gregg Williams saved him this season and the defense overachieved. Been waiting a long time to see this team win a championship, but I don’t see it with this HC. I’m hoping that I am completely wrong, but once again there’s nothing that leads me to believe this guy is a leader.

We.  Were.  Injured.

Everything you say, every word you type, has no credibility because you don't take into account that we were the most injured team in the NFL, had the most injuries in the history of our franchise, put an XFL caliber roster on the field every game.

Sean McVay, boy offensive genius, similar injury situation as Gase this year, he went 4-12 last year.  Bill Parcells, Hall Of Fame head coach, had a Super Bowl roster and lost only his quarterback in 1999, only could manage 8-8.

Please stop trying to sell me that we had a 12-4 roster, had a boo-boo, and collapsed because of coaching.  Any rational person can see what really happened. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Beat the bills in Game 1, beat the bengals and dolphins which makes 10 wins. As much as I dislike the HC, 10 wins was achievable!

It doesn’t work like that. Had we beat Buffalo in Week 1, they wouldn’t have been resting their starters in Week 17.

We had Sam against both Cincy and Miami. We didn’t win those games. A 10-win caliber team doesn’t lose those games.
  • Upvote 2