The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As you know, I'm good with missing a game or two, putting the seats up on Stubhub for less than face value, and not really care who buys them.

But for those who are going to start the "look at all the Steeler fans!" thread on Sunday, today is their chance to make sure that doesn't happen.  There are 5,000 seats for sale right now.  Let them buy them instead of posting.

SAR I

ticket prices for this game are still very high.  lowest price is $40 bucks.  

the dolphins tickets were like $10-15 dollars.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you have to take out the first 4 games due to mono.  Gase is getting this team to play 500 ball.

if we aren't much better next year, then the fire gase crowd can have their day.  

but not now with this roster and these injuries.  

Nope sorry, if you are going to take out those games then you can take out ALL the games other teams have won with their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.  Tons of teams have managed to win games or at least look competent without the starter.

On top of that the guy who every one vilifies as being a horrible Qb was Gases hand picked choice to be on the team.

On top of that the reason this guy was hired was because he was a 'offensive genius' ha ha ha

On top of that previous ocs had as bad if not worse talent and the offenses looked better.  Legendary names such as morton, gailey and bates.

We lost to Miami and Cincy.

No, Gase has shown nothing to suggest he will be even an adequate coach let alone a good coach.

All of these bill boards and plane signs and such are utterly stupid but Gase has a firm track record of being a lousy coach and that is just what he is this year and will be beyond.

Too bad he will be here an extra two years just like bowles and rex at the end when it was obvious they stunk.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wow. Whether you like Gase or not, this is overkill, inappropriate and frankly childish..I'm embarrased that they are Jets fans. What a colossal waste of money and time.  

What's even worse is that this stupid behavior makes the rest of Jets fans look like a-holes in the eyes of the NFL world.  Thanks for nothing.

My sentiments exactly. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Nope sorry, if you are going to take out those games then you can take out ALL the games other teams have won with their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.  Tons of teams have managed to win games or at least look competent without the starter.

On top of that the guy who every one vilifies as being a horrible Qb was Gases hand picked choice to be on the team.

On top of that the reason this guy was hired was because he was a 'offensive genius' ha ha ha

On top of that previous ocs had as bad if not worse talent and the offenses looked better.  Legendary names such as morton, gailey and bates.

No, Gase has shown nothing to suggest he will be even an adequate coach let alone a good coach.

All of these bill boards and plane signs and such are utterly stupid but Gase has a firm track record of being a lousy coach and that is just what he is this year and will be beyond.

Too bad he will be here an extra two years just like bowles and rex at the end when it was obvious they stunk.

okay, this is fair but not how i would look at it. 

given that it's going to be at least another year before he is fired - i recommend looking at the playoff teams and deciding which one to support in 2020 and then come back to the jets in 2021.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It's an incredibly sh*tty way to go about it. Honestly I'm not going to make believe I have any idea of what the move is. Not sure the third offense for Sam to learn in as many years is a very good idea. Gase may not have shown much as far as his record go's but at the same time I think bringing in another complete season has it's own peril. Hopefully Gase can get a solid draft, we can bring in some FA that don;t go on IR after 3/4 of a game and we get this team healthy for next year. Give it another year in the same season with better parts and maybe we just maybe might get better. Maybe. 

But this billboard thing is pitiful and the guys who are doing it should punch themselves in the nuts

Crush, that's the point. They don't have them, they squat to pee.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

gaseign.jpg

They just don't get it, do they.

We've won 4 of our last 6 games.  Sam Darnold loves him.  Christopher Johnson and Joe Douglas gave firm public support.

And this is the week they do this?  Try to humiliate a winning head coach and his family? 

Classless.

SAR I

It is classless.  I doubt it phases Gase or anyone of intelligence. 

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No.  But he should be in the conversation.

Excuses are for losers.  Reasons aren't excuses.  There is a reason the Jets have struggled this season.  We are putting the worst roster in the NFL on the field since October and yet have gone 5-5.  That's amazing.  It really is.

SAR I

I will meet you halfway here, SAR. While I'm not sold on Gase yet as far as X's and O's go, I agree with you 100% that he has had this team play hard every game, and that tells me that the players haven't lost faith in him. I'm not ready to say he's done a great job, but I also believe he should be back. Deal??

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you have to take out the first 4 games due to mono.  Gase is getting this team to play 500 ball.

if we aren't much better next year, then the fire gase crowd can have their day.  

but not now with this roster and these injuries.  

Sensible response and right to the point...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

How clueless are you that half our starting roster has missed almost the entire season and you judge Gase as if they were perfectly healthy?  You don't like his playcalling?  LOL.  With 4/5 of the OL out or in the wrong position?  With Enunwa and Herndon missing 16 games?  With the 31st rushing attack because of those missing players?  Yet he's 5-5 since Darnold's return.  What, you thought the Jets were going to be 12-4?  Or did you have us at 8-8 when perfectly healthy like everyone else? 

Never before have the Jets been this beat up and yet competed and won games late in a meaningless season.  We've seen Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles rosters fold like a cheap suit.  Gase has done a tremendous job.

SAR I

Yes, we are beat up, I agree. Beachum, Harrison, Shell were starters last season and were in line to start this year until the Ryan Kahlil signing which the line was worse with Kahlil and Osemele so don't give me the out of position or out BS.

Lets remove any games/stats that don't support our point I guess. No Sam means Gase (guru) can't beat the Dolphins, lol. come on

You can like Gase, thats your prerogative. I am not sold on him, and I don't like the trend of players leaving Gase and performing better, or players joining Gase not showing same skills. Sam does not look like he's taking anything more than a small step forward in his progress. See Tannehill comment above. See Kenyon Drake, see DaVante Parker, see LeVeon Bell. Gase is not showing the guru he is made out to be here or in Miami.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

preach

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

....winning head coach....

Coaching Results

Simple Rating System Playoffs   Challenges  
Year Age Tm Lg G W L T W-L% SRS OSRS DSRS G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank Num Won Notes
4 yrs     62 28 34 0 .452       1 0 1 .000 2.5 16 6
2016 38 Miami Dolphins NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 -2.4 -0.6 -1.8 1 0 1 .000 2 3 2  
2017 39 Miami Dolphins NFL 16 6 10 0 .375 -6.3 -3.9 -2.4         3 4 2  
2018 40 Miami Dolphins NFL 16 7 9 0 .438 -8.8 -3.6 -5.2         2 3 0  
2019 41 New York Jets NFL 14 5 9 0 .357 -8.5 -5.9 -2.7         3 6 2  

"Winning"

:-k

Is Gase the same kind of "winning" head coach as the 2019 Bills are "not a playoff team" and the 2019 Jets are "a playoff team"?

Next SAR I thread up "Some SOJF idiots think water is wet, they're WRONG, water is clearly 100% dry!"

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetstream said:

Seems like an incredibly stupid way to spend your money... IF you really wanted to send an effective message to the Johnsons, then use your money to buy as many seats to sunday's game and burn them... an Empty stadium is really the way... just my 2 cents...

It’s not an empty stadium if it’s a sold out crowd. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

These are the same dopes who call Benigno and wonder why we’re forced to hire coaches from the C list. Filthy Central Jersey trash. Let them go root for the Eagles, where their kin is. 

What are your boundaries for Central Jersey?

For the record, I'll either be telling you to eff off or be 100% on board with you!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

gaseign.jpg

We've won 4 of our last 6 games.  Sam Darnold loves him.  Christopher Johnson and Joe Douglas gave firm public support.

And this is the week they do this?  Try to humiliate a winning head coach and his family? 

Classless.

SAR I

These are the types of fans that embarrass the rest of us. They should put their picture on the billboard with the clown faces.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

28-34 is a winning record?

5-9 this year is a winning record?

Chris johnston support is a good thing?, Adam Gase hired Douglas

You need to up your game son.  Stick to psl's and BMW's

Gase hired Douglas now?

Based on what, he recommended him?  Douglas wasn't the hottest GM prospect?  Douglas didn't go through an interview process? You have a problem with Douglas as a GM hire?  Put it out there now, since we haven't heard it before, who did you want? 

And yes, CJs support is a good thing, only a total idiot would hang out a 1st year HC, 7 games in to dry for the benefit of those who would have bitched no matter the hire.

The billboards are a infantile move by the same attention whore fools who hired planes.  Has no effect on anything and in year one shouldn't

The clown face proves what kinds of children we're dealing with

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Its way too much, at any time...especially Christmas. If you had kids of your own, I don’t know how you could do that. 

The Johnsons just made over 500 million this season in clear profit, lol. They could care less about your billboards. You’re just humiliating Gase with this. How can a football mean THAT much to a person. I’ll never understand it.

Do I yell during games? Hell yeah. Do I get psyched and pissed? Yeah. Do I let the NYJ affect my life to the point of this sh*t? These guys are overgrown children. 

Next year Gase will prove he should stay or go. If you hate how this team has looked for the last decade, set your sights on ownership. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

gaseign.jpg

Classless.

SAR I

You have a very broad definition of the term “winning coach”

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

I'd pay good money to contribute to a "Trade Jamal" billboard.  

• Upvote 1