The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Wow. Whether you like Gase or not, this is overkill, inappropriate and frankly childish..I'm embarrased that they are Jets fans. What a colossal waste of money and time.  

What's even worse is that this stupid behavior makes the rest of Jets fans look like a-holes in the eyes of the NFL world.  Thanks for nothing.

Post of the year right here.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since Sam came back from mononucleosis:

- Jets are 5-5.

- Jets have won 4 of their last 6 games.

- Jets are 4-1 at home.

Oh, and that's with the NFL's most injured roster.   Over $60M of cap on IR.

Gase has done an amazing job.  Not average, not good.  Amazing.

SAR I

Agreed.  Who do you think wins coach of the year in the NFL this year: Gase or Mike Tomlin?  It could be a dead heat going into week 16 though I think Gase might have a slight advantage.

• Upvote 1

Some people have Gase Derangement Syndrome.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the guy, but he deserves a full off season (draft/FA) with a GM that understands the value of an oline. If Sam didn't catch mono they might be in the playoff race right now despite all the injuries on what was already a generally shallow roster prior to his arrival. Next season will be a better gauge of his ability.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Some people have Gase Derangement Syndrome.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the guy, but he deserves a full off season (draft/FA) with a GM that understands the value of an oline. If Sam didn't catch mono they might be in the playoff race right now despite all the injuries on what was already a generally shallow roster prior to his arrival. Next season will be a better gauge of his ability.  

Definitely!  Those seasons where he was the HC of the Dolphins don't even count!

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dolphins totally took off once they were freed of Evil Adam’s grasp tho 

No way!  Sure Miami was trying their best to tank, which is why they traded Minkah, Tunsil, etc.  But the great Adam Gase managed to avoid getting swept by them due to a last second FG. 

Gase shouldn't just be guaranteed 2020 but also 2021.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

28-34 is a winning record?

5-9 this year is a winning record?

Chris johnston support is a good thing?, Adam Gase hired Douglas

You need to up your game son.  Stick to psl's and BMW's

marv levy had 5 seasons in kc before he joined the bills.  in kc he had all of one year over 500, one at 500 and the rest way under 500.  he joins the bills and wins the afc 4 years in a row.

give gase a chance.  we all know the current jet team needs some serious upgrades no matter who the coach is.

Just now, rangerous said:

marv levy had 5 seasons in kc before he joined the bills.  in kc he had all of one year over 500, one at 500 and the rest way under 500.  he joins the bills and wins the afc 4 years in a row.

give gase a chance.  we all know the current jet team needs some serious upgrades no matter who the coach is.

Gase sucked in Miami and he sucks here

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

Good point.  We stuck with Todd Bowles and that worked out swimmingly!

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Nor does the QB being consistently injured down there or that Miami was dysfunctional prior to Gase. Context matters. He was 2 games under .500 with a dysfunctional franchise, oh the humanity.

A last second FG was all that prevented him from going 0-3 against the Dolphins and Bengals this year (all 3 with Darnold at QB).

22 minutes ago, rangerous said:

How many Hall of Famers were on that Bills team?

How many Hall of Famers does Gase need to succeed?

5 hours ago, section314 said:

I will meet you halfway here, SAR. While I'm not sold on Gase yet as far as X's and O's go, I agree with you 100% that he has had this team play hard every game, and that tells me that the players haven't lost faith in him. I'm not ready to say he's done a great job, but I also believe he should be back. Deal??

Deal.  

That is all I ask. That is all anyone should ask. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Coaching Results

Simple Rating System Playoffs   Challenges  
Year Age Tm Lg G W L T W-L% SRS OSRS DSRS G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank Num Won Notes
4 yrs     62 28 34 0 .452       1 0 1 .000 2.5 16 6
2016 38 Miami Dolphins NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 -2.4 -0.6 -1.8 1 0 1 .000 2 3 2  
2017 39 Miami Dolphins NFL 16 6 10 0 .375 -6.3 -3.9 -2.4         3 4 2  
2018 40 Miami Dolphins NFL 16 7 9 0 .438 -8.8 -3.6 -5.2         2 3 0  
2019 41 New York Jets NFL 14 5 9 0 .357 -8.5 -5.9 -2.7         3 6 2  

"Winning"

:-k

Is Gase the same kind of "winning" head coach as the 2019 Bills are "not a playoff team" and the 2019 Jets are "a playoff team"?

Next SAR I thread up "Some SOJF idiots think water is wet, they're WRONG, water is clearly 100% dry!"

5-5 with this Jets team is like 7-3 when we’re healthy. It’s impressive.  I’ve seen more good in Gase and the Jets in this broken season than I ever did from Bowles or Mangini.  This team is playing better than it should. None of those teams ever did. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

Heres the issue I have with the billboards on the highways. Instead of just saying FIRE ADAM GASE, they have a picture of him in a clown face so his family and children will see them if they attend the last home game on Sunday. 

Like him or hate him this is low-life bush league. 

What would stop Gase supporters from tearing them down. 

joewily12 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

I’ve got Row 1 seats in the mezzanine and I’m holding the flag on the field on Sunday. 

Hmm. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

SAR and Tom teaming up to try and convince us all that the Jets are fine and everything is great. Strange times indeed. 

Because it is. 

Completely healthy, the Jets would have been 11-5 this year.  Next year we will only get better. I’m excited. 

SAR I