SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

They are idiots because they don’t share your opinion?  Get over yourself.

Reminds me of how SAR likes to say "don't worry about how rich people spend their money".  Meanwhile, he freaks out over how (likely middle class) people spend theirs.

And it makes me laugh how people are so worried about how Gase will feel, as if he had no idea that when he took the job that he might be criticized.  And he's also getting paid millions for doing a bad job so far (barely escaping an 0-3 record vs the Dolphins and Bengals).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

gaseign.jpg

They just don't get it, do they.

We've won 4 of our last 6 games.  Sam Darnold loves him.  Christopher Johnson and Joe Douglas gave firm public support.

And this is the week they do this?  Try to humiliate a winning head coach and his family? 

Classless.

SAR I

But are we still going to the playoffs, and more importantly, does 5-9 get us to 10-6?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since Sam came back from mononucleosis:

- Jets are 5-5.

- Jets have won 4 of their last 6 games.

- Jets are 4-1 at home.

Oh, and that's with the NFL's most injured roster.   Over $60M of cap on IR.

Gase has done an amazing job.  Not average, not good.  Amazing.

SAR I

If Gase had done amazing we would be 10-0 with Sam.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I’ve got Row 1 seats in the mezzanine and I’m holding the flag on the field on Sunday. 

Hmm. 

SAR I

LOOK-AT-ME-GUYS-LOOK-AT-ME-HEY-HEY.png.p

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Definitely!  Those seasons where he was the HC of the Dolphins don't even count!

Bill Belichick coached the Browns, Brett Favre was a Falcon. Sometimes the first job isn't fully indicative of potential. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Dolphins totally took off once they were freed of Evil Adam’s grasp tho 

And they never made the playoffs apparently. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bill Belichick coached the Browns, Brett Favre was a Falcon. Sometimes the first job isn't fully indicative of potential. 

SAR I

Rex Ryan coached the Bills.  Mangini coached the Browns. Herm coached the Chiefs.

Sometimes the first job is the best you're gonna get, and it only goes downhill from there.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A last second FG was all that prevented him from going 0-3 against the Dolphins and Bengals this year (all 3 with Darnold at QB).

And a made FG was all that prevented him from beating the Bills and Dolphins putting us at 7-7 right now, and 7-3 since Darnold’s return. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

SAR I

56 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’m all for these things but have a friggin pulse of what’s happening and the timing. He’s not getting fired. 

You’re wasting money and embarrassing the team and fans. 

Their 15 seconds of fame were up when Idzik got fired, they've been desperately trying to get it back for 5 years. Losers. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And a made FG was all that prevented him from beating the Bills and Dolphins putting us at 7-7 right now, and 7-3 since Darnold’s return. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

SAR I

Gase's offense scoring more than 7 might have helped too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks for the reminder. 

SAR I

It's like that old saying: "you aren't what your record says you are".

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

They are idiots because they don’t share your opinion?  Get over yourself.

They are idiots because they act like Jets fans and go out of their way to humiliate Jets fans.  Sell us out for a measly $200 worth of clicks. 

SAR I

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Reminds me of how SAR likes to say "don't worry about how rich people spend their money".  Meanwhile, he freaks out over how (likely middle class) people spend theirs.

And it makes me laugh how people are so worried about how Gase will feel, as if he had no idea that when he took the job that he might be criticized.  And he's also getting paid millions for doing a bad job so far (barely escaping an 0-3 record vs the Dolphins and Bengals).

usatsi_11997874.jpg

You and your airplane buddies should be ashamed of yourselves. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_11997874.jpg

SAR I

Because he has a family he can't be criticized?  I guess we probably can't fire him either then.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stark said:

Sam might like Gase, he would never say anything anti-team. Thats not Sam's personality. We don't really know what that relationship is. He may like Gase.

In fact there is no indication that Sam “likes” Gase. This is a fabrication 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

But are we still going to the playoffs, and more importantly, does 5-9 get us to 10-6?

This is what happens when an 11-5 team loses its OL, its Secondary, its Kicker, and playmaking WR1 and TE1. 

This was a great season. It's not like we were going to the Super Bowl. The idea was to validate Adam Gase as a head coach, see Sam Darnold take steps in his second year, and see if our young Safeties could thrive in an aggressive defense.  Passed with flying colors. And as an added bonus, we discovered several third and fourth string projects that might actually be decent players. 

But the best thing about this season is that the culture has definitely changed in Florham Park and that is due to Adam Gase and his leadership, his ability to stay focused, and his ability to keep the locker room together through tremendous adversity. I'm very proud of this team. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_11997874.jpg

SAR I

Did you ever chant "Joe Must Go"?  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This is what happens when an 11-5 team loses its OL, its Secondary, its Kicker, and playmaking WR1 and TE1. 

This was a great season. It's not like we were going to the Super Bowl. The idea was to validate Adam Gase as a head coach, see Sam Darnold take steps in his second year, and see if our young Safeties could thrive in an aggressive defense.  Passed with flying colors. And as an added bonus, we discovered several third and fourth string projects that might actually be decent players. 

But the best thing about this season is that the culture has definitely changed in Florham Park and that is due to Adam Gase and his leadership, his ability to stay focused, and his ability to keep the locker room together through tremendous adversity. I'm very proud of this team. 

SAR I

So why are you not a Gase fan then?

image.thumb.png.4fa0364847d4d6553a6a9d321c585a9b.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_11997874.jpg

SAR I

I can't believe you would say this on a public forum.  Gase's family can read this site.  You and everyone who criticizes Gase on this forum should be ashamed of yourselves.

image.thumb.png.f34479c9f60b15941fd2a7a346849d55.png

1 hour ago, Kevin L said:

How many Hall of Famers were on that Bills team?

How many Hall of Famers does Gase need to succeed?

i'm guessing 4-6, kellly, thomas, reed, smith.  they also had some really good players like talley, bennett, odomes.  and that's the point.  coaches still need the players and jets just don't have enough really good ones just yet

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They are idiots because they act like Jets fans and go out of their way to humiliate Jets fans.  Sell us out for a measly $200 worth of clicks. 

SAR I

What?

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So Gase should be our "All Decade HC" then?

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

SAR and Tom teaming up to try and convince us all that the Jets are fine and everything is great. Strange times indeed. 

The End Is Nigh

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm guessing 4-6, kellly, thomas, reed, smith.  they also had some really good players like talley, bennett, odomes.  and that's the point.  coaches still need the players and jets just don't have enough really good ones just 

If a coach needs that much to succeed, he's probably not that great.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Because it is. 

Completely healthy, the Jets would have been 11-5 this year.  Next year we will only get better. I’m excited. 

SAR I

I don't think they will be much better. I'll bet you a watch on it. You put up an Omega and I'll put up one of my Seiko 5's.

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because he has a family he can't be criticized?  I guess we probably can't fire him either then.

Not because he has a family, but because he’s human. The guy is the head football coach for the NY Jets not the POTUS. He was a bad hire by a bad owner. Do I want him gone? Yes, but I also realize the guy is doing the best that he can. I’m not going to publicly humiliate him for failing at job he couldn’t handle. This is not a Rich Kotite situation where the head coach worked bankers hours and completely mailed it in. 

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes criticize him all you like. But putting his picture on a billboard to be fired and characterized as a clown when he’s been here less than a year is classless and stupid. For the love of God this team has sucked for fifty plus years. Way before Adan Gase showed up and most likely will still suck after he leaves. But yeah, he’s  the only problem. Nonsense. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Like 2

Kyle Shanahan won fewer games last year than Gase has this year. Should the 49ers have fired Shanahan? 

81D62E3C-D2B7-4A33-BDAB-5440866EA476.jpeg.561e41a8ec46e420702a650980b98b63.jpeg

I’m not saying that Gase should get 5 years but can we just show a little tiny bit of patience for once? 

• Upvote 1

who cares what people do with their money 

if some of you get so upset about it you can use your own money to put support signs for Gase.

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes criticize him all you like. But putting his picture on a billboard to be fired and characterized as a clown when he’s been here less than a year is classless and stupid. For the love of God this team has sucked for fifty plus years. Way before Adan Gase showed up and most likely will still suck after he leaves. But yeah, he’s  the only problem. Nonsense. 

I have nothing to do with the billboard and I had nothing to do with the plane.  Also, I don't think he's the only problem with the team.  Tbh, I didn't even realize they painted him like a clown (or I guess "Joker" from Batman).  I thought it was just another "Fire Gase" billboard.  But, regardless, I just think the defenses people are coming up with are absurd. 

If he didn't want to risk being criticized then HC of the NYJ (or any other team) was not a job he should have taken.  He gets paid handsomely to do his job and I guarantee you there are MANY other coaches in football (assistants, college coaches, etc) who would relish the opportunity he has, despite the risk of a billboard.

Do you think Adam Gase regrets getting into coaching and that he'd rather have been an insurance salesman?

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/20/adam-gase-insurance-salesman-jets-coach-almost-ended-career-before-it-began/

8 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The billboards should be "sell the team."

Doesn't matter.  Who will notice? 

It will be almost all Steeler fans headed to the stadium anyway.

We as Jets fans should have the right to impeach our owner.

• Haha 1