SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

Many NY Jets HC's have failed, many GM's have failed, many players have failed, this organization. 

The world we live in today with social media is all about things like this billboard. 

People always look for someone to blame when something goes wrong. 

Adam Gase and his family do not deserve this billboard. 

Give the guy a chance with a better healthier roster. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Nor does the QB being consistently injured down there or that Miami was dysfunctional prior to Gase. Context matters. He was 2 games under .500 with a dysfunctional franchise, oh the humanity.

We are also a dysfunctional franchise, so his record is 28-34...  To me, that doesn’t instill a ton of confidence.  To others, it seems to be completely ignored.  Postings that state “he has a winning record”, “his teams are competitive” are just not true and are justified by excuses and what-if’s:  injuries, bad management, lack of weapons, etc.

I’m hoping he and Douglas turn this thing around and I do agree that the billboards are overkill, but I just hope we don’t just keep making excuses if things remain status-quo and retain underperforming personnel for too long.  

1 hour ago, Kevin L said:

If a coach needs that much to succeed, he's probably not that great.

yeah, i guess noll, shula, weeb, landry, walsh, aren't that great.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Many NY Jets HC's have failed, many GM's have failed, many players have failed, this organization. 

The world we live in today with social media is all about things like this billboard. 

People always look for someone to blame when something goes wrong. 

Adam Gase and his family do not deserve this billboard. 

Give the guy a chance with a better healthier roster. 

joewilly12 

There are many fans who pay a lot of money to support this team.  There are also many others who don't spend big money on the team but are passionate fans who have dedicated a lot of time watching their favorite team lose.  They know the owner isn't going to fire himself so taking it out on the HC or the GM is their only outlet (should they choose any outlet). 

Honestly I'm mostly indifferent to all this stuff.  I just want the Jets to win.  If Gase can win, great!  If he can't, though, then let's move on to the next guy and not waste any more time.   

Regarding the "he has a family so he doesn't deserve this billboard" argument, do you think if Gase was offered a chance to go back in time and not accept the Jets job, he would choose that option?

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

100%

Who does this guy think will want to coach here, other than guys with no other options?

No, Gase hasn't been all that this year. I think he sucks so far, but this isn't a competitive roster.

Certainly to outsider potential candidates who don't obsess over Gase's every ill-advised decision every game, what are the optics here? They're just going to see the horrid and impossibly-injured roster with still posting a 5-6 record when a sub-practice-squad-level 3rd stringer wasn't taking most if not all the snaps. (Not trying to go overboard ripping Falk, who did his best, but he's not an NFL QB). 

Even if this is somehow a recipe for getting rid of Gase earlier, it's also the recipe for the Jets to "fix" that error by signing another HC no better and possibly even worse to yet another 4-year contract that will ensure he's going nowhere for 3+ years even if he keeps winning just 4 games.

What's more, this will as likely as not cause Chris Johnson to get behind Gase even more - including an even stronger and more visible public vote of confidence, stating Gase is going nowhere no matter what classless billboard someone pays for - just so he doesn't look like he makes decisions based on this stuff. He may even (and arguably should) further this show of confidence by quadruple-paying the billboard owner to paint over it asap and refund that douchebag's money. 

Besides, the classy way to handle it is to go on a (then low traffic) fan-only website and put a dunce cap on a picture of the coach's head, with a childish username that makes a play on words with his name

or just your present day coach after taking a smelling salt hit in front of the guys on the practice field.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Kyle Shanahan won fewer games last year than Gase has this year. Should the 49ers have fired Shanahan? 

81D62E3C-D2B7-4A33-BDAB-5440866EA476.jpeg.561e41a8ec46e420702a650980b98b63.jpeg

I’m not saying that Gase should get 5 years but can we just show a little tiny bit of patience for once? 

I love how everyone likes to compare Gase to Shannahan. The 2 situations are completely different IMO.

Shannahan only got 8 total starts out of Jimmy G (5-0 in 2017) in his first 2 seasons. He was basically using his 2nd and 3rd string QBs for his first 2 seasons as HC. 

Even tho they lost a lot of games those first 2 years, they never looked terrible. They also had a ton of injuries. But Shanny Kept them competitive and the offense could actually move the ball. When darnold was out, the Gase led Jets were completely uncompetitive and packed it in.

Kyle Shannahan made Nick Mullins and CJ Beathard look respectable. Tannehill, Seimien, and Falk all looked like hot garbage with Gase.

When I watched the 49ers the last 2 years you could tell Shannahan was going to be a great coach. His play designs and play calling was very good. Shannahan actually game plans for his opponents, Gase runs out the same offense every week regardless of opponent. 

This is Adam gases 4th year as a HC. Not his first.  and the problems he had in Miami are the same problems that are occouring here. IE no in-game adjustments. 

Gases offense ranks dead last in almost every statistical category.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman Big marketing opportunity here, Phil. Throw up some competing billboards with nice things on them:

“Draft picks are good, too! JetNation.com.” 

“Sam is trying really hard! JetNation.com”

”Blessuan Austin is the best corner in football! JetNation.com”

”Next year is our year, maybe! JetNation.com” 

It’d blow people’s minds. Call me.

That would be hysterical. We could probably get Bless to pay for the billboard if we included him lol.

10 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I want Gase gone but this isn’t the way to do it.  Who wants to come work here when this is how fans treat you?  

Unfortunately I think the clown face should be on the one who started this.  He was on the board years ago and disappeared.  He started the Idzik campaign to start a magazine and shirt printing business.  This is all attention for him to help his business grow.  

Just want the record to reflect he was never banned or even warned here. There was a time where some of his guys were blasting me and I never banned his account here. Not sure why he stopped posting here. We even had Glenn interview him early on.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Sets a really weird precedent for anytime a coach struggles now. Does this happen to every coach the fans don’t like?

When I want to protest I refuse to buy large soft drinks at the stadium. I go no bigger than medium. It adds up and sends a clear message.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good point.  We stuck with Todd Bowles and that worked out swimmingly!

There's logic.

Bowles was given a chance and failed, therefore no other HC should be given a chance because they'll fail too.

briliant

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I love how everyone likes to compare Gase to Shannahan. The 2 situations are completely different IMO.

Shannahan only got 8 total starts out of Jimmy G (5-0 in 2017) in his first 2 seasons. He was basically using his 2nd and 3rd string QBs for his first 2 seasons as HC. 

Even tho they lost a lot of games those first 2 years, they never looked terrible. They also had a ton of injuries. But Shanny Kept them competitive and the offense could actually move the ball. When darnold was out, the Gase led Jets were completely uncompetitive and packed it in.

Kyle Shannahan made Nick Mullins and CJ Beathard look respectable. Tannehill, Seimien, and Falk all looked like hot garbage with Gase.

When I watched the 49ers the last 2 years you could tell Shannahan was going to be a great coach. His play designs and play calling was very good. Shannahan actually game plans for his opponents, Gase runs out the same offense every week regardless of opponent. 

This is Adam gases 4th year as a HC. Not his first.  and the problems he had in Miami are the same problems that are occouring here. IE no in-game adjustments. 

Gases offense ranks dead last in almost every statistical category.

Lol

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Thank God we have fans willing to put pressure on the clueless owners.

Yes but our owners don’t drive on such highways like us regular folks.

Classless idiots encouraged by that prodigious buffoon Beningo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This billboard is a classic example of the comedian that follows Jerry Seinfeld and tells the same joke only to realize no one thinks he funny ... At all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

How clueless are you that half our starting roster has missed almost the entire season and you judge Gase as if they were perfectly healthy?  You don't like his playcalling?  LOL.  With 4/5 of the OL out or in the wrong position?  With Enunwa and Herndon missing 16 games?  With the 31st rushing attack because of those missing players?  Yet he's 5-5 since Darnold's return.  What, you thought the Jets were going to be 12-4?  Or did you have us at 8-8 when perfectly healthy like everyone else? 

Never before have the Jets been this beat up and yet competed and won games late in a meaningless season.  We've seen Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles rosters fold like a cheap suit.  Gase has done a tremendous job.

SAR I

I'm tired of arguing with the Anti Gase Jet fans. On the one hand they bellow about how awful the roster is & was left by probably the worst GMs to be back to back in any organization in Idzik + Macc, BUT argue we should have had a better record this year with just an avalanche of injuries (worst I've ever witnessed as a long time Jet fan). 

Social media is so horrible. I mean it's literally turned grown men into children, making fun of his eyes? I mean give it a rest! Let me find someone in these idiots family & make fun of their physical features & see how funny it is. Ok, he has a crazy press conference after 2 pots of coffee, let it go. 

When joking becomes cruel it's no longer funny. That billboard is cruel, undeserved & is something you'd expect from the Daily News. I'm pulling for Gase big time, seeing the antics of Jarvis Landry in Cleveland tells me the types of players he doesn't want & im fine with that. Chris Johnson & Joe Douglas need to back him up, continue to support him, as I do, and give him the chance he deserves with a roster that him & JD agree on & put together here in the next 2 years. Jet fans need to stop being a bunch of whiny babies.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because he has a family he can't be criticized?  I guess we probably can't fire him either then.

After a brutal swath of injuries leading to an inevitable 0-4 start he's won 4 of his last 6 games.

These stupid billboards are ridiculous.  Moreso are fans like you that condone this boorish behavior.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Did you ever chant "Joe Must Go"?  

Yes.  He coached here for 7 seasons and had rookie O'Brien for 5.  Didn't work out.

Gase has been here for 4 months.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So why are you not a Gase fan then?

image.thumb.png.4fa0364847d4d6553a6a9d321c585a9b.png

I am a fan of a head coach who has persevered under trying circumstances and has managed to turn a 1-7 start into a 4-2 middle and has a good chance of finishing 6-2.

Coaches need to show two things:  First, that they can change a culture and get the players to buy-in and play hard.  Second, they need to be creative in their gameplanning, playcalling, and halftime adjustments.

I am a fan of keeping Gase on to see what he's like with the second part as he had no chance to show that this year due to the injuries.  He nailed the first part.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Butterfield said:

They are idiots because they act like Jets fans and go out of their way to humiliate Jets fans.  Sell us out for a measly $200 worth of clicks. 

SAR I

10 hours ago, Butterfield said:

What?

I think it's pretty self-explanatory, no?

These plane idiots own an online business, a Jets fan blog that no one subscribes to.  So by pulling a publicity stunt like this at best they get a whopping 2,000 extra visitors, and at $0.10 per visit to see some ads, there's your whopping $200 that they sold us out for.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think they will be much better. I'll bet you a watch on it. You put up an Omega and I'll put up one of my Seiko 5's.

I actually value the Seiko more than any Omega.

SAR I

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Kyle Shanahan won fewer games last year than Gase has this year. Should the 49ers have fired Shanahan?

Be careful.  90% of the posters in this thread would have.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m not saying that Gase should get 5 years but can we just show a little tiny bit of patience for once? 

Nah, if they pretend that we have no injuries then they can carry on feeling bad about themselves.  Or, since many of them predicted that Gase would fail, they can feel good about themselves.  Because it's bad for the Jets.  Whatever is bad for the Jets is good for them.

SAR I

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't believe these selfish Jet fans (who have loyally supported this team throughout the decades yet haven't seen them in a Superbowl in 50 years) can't finally show a little bit of patience with this team.  Adam Gase has done an incredible job avoiding getting swept by the Dolphins on a last second FG.  And he's only lost to one 0-11 team this year.

Td9U.gif

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CurtMart said:

It’s not an empty stadium if it’s a sold out crowd. 

These buildings for football are always "sold out"....being empty is more embarrassing, even than being half full of opposing fans

Regarding the "he has a family so he doesn't deserve this billboard" argument, do you think if Gase was offered a chance to go back in time and not accept the Jets job, he would choose that option?

Yes, I do.  You only get 2 shots at an NFL head coaching job and he chose to invest that second chance on us.

And how do we repay him after he loses not one but two quarterbacks, half his OL, his best two receivers, half his LB's, and his kicker?

We fly planes asking for his removal after 4 measly games.  And after he goes and wins 3 in a row and 4 of his last 6 games?  A billboard depicting him as a clown at Christmas. 

It's disgusting.  What hashtag whores will do for a few hundred bucks is astounding.  But what's more astounding are enablers like you who applaud their actions and support their stupid blog.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

When joking becomes cruel it's no longer funny. That billboard is cruel, undeserved & is something you'd expect from the Daily News. I'm pulling for Gase big time, seeing the antics of Jarvis Landry in Cleveland tells me the types of players he doesn't want & im fine with that. Chris Johnson & Joe Douglas need to back him up, continue to support him, as I do, and give him the chance he deserves with a roster that him & JD agree on & put together here in the next 2 years. Jet fans need to stop being a bunch of whiny babies.

Perfectly stated.

SAR I

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

These are the same dopes who call Benigno and wonder why we’re forced to hire coaches from the C list. Filthy Central Jersey trash. Let them go root for the Eagles, where their kin is. 

I guess that means the Eagles won a Superbowl 2 years ago with a "C list" HC.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There's logic.

Bowles was given a chance and failed, therefore no other HC should be given a chance because they'll fail too.

briliant

So when someone says "good teams don't fire HC's after 1 year", do you make the same claim ("there's logic")?  

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

These are the same dopes who call Benigno and wonder why we’re forced to hire coaches from the C list. Filthy Central Jersey trash. Let them go root for the Eagles, where their kin is. 

Lol dont you live in Bridgeport ? 

All of the crime of 90's NYC with none of the culture 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So when someone says "good teams don't fire HC's after 1 year", do you make the same claim ("there's logic")?  

Good teams dont fire a HC after one year.  A year where the QB gets a deadly illness and misses as much time as SD.  Where we don't know how healthy he was when back.  With a team that we hoped would finish .500 and is as close as it is with all those injuries.

Logic, yes.