SAR I

The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

6 hours ago, Jetstream said:

These buildings for football are always "sold out"....being empty is more embarrassing, even than being half full of opposing fans

Losing is more embarrassing. But if Johnson’s team is selling out all its seats, what do they care?

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I didn't know that I need to be aware of their situation before I can call their actions moronic and call them idiots.  Thanks for laying out the rules of just when and when I am not in "a position" to call these buffoons idiots.  I'll make sure I follow those guidelines next time I post.

Exhibit B

4 hours ago, JiF said:

How pathetic is your life if you're one of the bozos behind these planes and billboards?  

Or if you claim to be a "journalist".  Read this ridiculous article:

Jets fans’ hatred of Adam Gase will turn Sunday into a home game for Steelers at MetLife Stadium 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
DEC 19, 2019 | 7:00 AM

Gase hasn’t exactly galvanized the Gang Green faithful in his first season, either. He’s become Public Enemy No. 1 for myriad reasons. His promise that the Jets would be playing meaningful games in December didn’t come to fruition. His penchant for making excuses and refusal to consistently take accountability for the team’s ninth consecutive season without a playoff appearance hasn’t been lost on fans.

Gase’s approval rating has sunk to incredible depths at a rapid rate.

A segment of the fanbase funded a plane flying over the Hudson River last month calling for the head coach to be fired. More than 200 fans forked over nearly $4,000 to fund three billboards calling for Gase’s ouster too. Those billboards will go up this weekend near MetLife Stadium.

The Daily News asked fans on social media this week to describe the HC of the NYJ in one word. The general sentiment from the more than 2,000 responses was clear: Jets diehards do not believe in Gase, who got a public vote of confidence from CEO Christopher Johnson last month.

Here’s a sampling of the one-word descriptions of Gase from Jets fans (in alphabetical order):

Abysmal, amateurish, angry, atrocious, awful, bad, blundering, bumbling, catastrophic, clueless, confused, conman, coordinator, deceiver, delusional, detrimental, disappointing, disconnected, disgraceful, egomaniac, embarrassing, enigmatic, flop, failure, fake, fraud, garbage, guru, horrible, incapable, incompetent, inept, inflexible, innovator, joke, Kotite-esque, liar, loser, lost, misleading, obtuse, overmatched, overwhelmed, pessimistic, repugnant, soft, stubborn, substandard, terrible, underachiever, underwhelming, uninspiring, unprepared, unqualified, unskilled, usurper, waste, weak, weird, zero.

-----------------------------------------------------

I've never seen such an unprofessional character assassination as that.

What a joke.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or if you claim to be a "journalist".  Read this ridiculous article:

Jets fans’ hatred of Adam Gase will turn Sunday into a home game for Steelers at MetLife Stadium 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
DEC 19, 2019 | 7:00 AM

Gase hasn’t exactly galvanized the Gang Green faithful in his first season, either. He’s become Public Enemy No. 1 for myriad reasons. His promise that the Jets would be playing meaningful games in December didn’t come to fruition. His penchant for making excuses and refusal to consistently take accountability for the team’s ninth consecutive season without a playoff appearance hasn’t been lost on fans.

Gase’s approval rating has sunk to incredible depths at a rapid rate.

A segment of the fanbase funded a plane flying over the Hudson River last month calling for the head coach to be fired. More than 200 fans forked over nearly $4,000 to fund three billboards calling for Gase’s ouster too. Those billboards will go up this weekend near MetLife Stadium.

The Daily News asked fans on social media this week to describe the HC of the NYJ in one word. The general sentiment from the more than 2,000 responses was clear: Jets diehards do not believe in Gase, who got a public vote of confidence from CEO Christopher Johnson last month.

Here’s a sampling of the one-word descriptions of Gase from Jets fans (in alphabetical order):

Abysmal, amateurish, angry, atrocious, awful, bad, blundering, bumbling, catastrophic, clueless, confused, conman, coordinator, deceiver, delusional, detrimental, disappointing, disconnected, disgraceful, egomaniac, embarrassing, enigmatic, flop, failure, fake, fraud, garbage, guru, horrible, incapable, incompetent, inept, inflexible, innovator, joke, Kotite-esque, liar, loser, lost, misleading, obtuse, overmatched, overwhelmed, pessimistic, repugnant, soft, stubborn, substandard, terrible, underachiever, underwhelming, uninspiring, unprepared, unqualified, unskilled, usurper, waste, weak, weird, zero.

-----------------------------------------------------

I've never seen such an unprofessional character assassination as that.

What a joke.

SAR I

I mean, these guys get paid to do this and journalism in general has turned into a shock industry.  Public Enemy #1?  Is there an actual Head Coach approval rating?  Shock jocks, basically but it's their job.

The billboard/plane guys?  Get a life already.  Pathetic.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes, it is.  Because it was real.  It happened on the practice field in front of all.  I am not publicizing him to anyone outside this community and I am not dressing him as a clown... just showing what the world h, including his family, have already seen.  Night and  day.  Nice try, but no.

I am not a gase fan.  Yet.  I am not a fan of publicly humiliating him the way the billboards do.  Gase chose to take a hit of salts on the field.  He didn't dress up in a degrading clown suit.

I think the way he looks in your smelling salts pic looks worse than the clown look because it caught him at his worst moment and it was real.   For argument's sake, let's say the billboard people changed it to just the picture you have on your profile (without even "Fire Gase").  Would that be considered "publicly humiliating" despite it being real?  To me that would be worse!  Imagine someone captured you when you were drunk, not feeling well, at your worst moment, etc?  

And while it's true you're not publicizing this outside of this community (JetNation.com), I'm pretty sure this is, by far, the single most popular Jets website on the interwebz.  

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Manish Mehta is a POS 

We should all e-mail the Daily-News and let them know about it. 

What did he do this time?

These guys have zero credibility.  After the Idzik show- they were MIA throughout the worst coach in Jets history, T Bowles. 

Very curious.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Manish Mehta is a POS 

We should all e-mail the Daily-News and let them know about it. 

That rag wants you to write to them.  It shows Manish is getting clicks and generating buzz.  Everyone is better off ignoring him and not reading that paper at all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

That rag wants you to write to them.  It shows Manish is getting clicks and generating buzz.  Everyone is better off ignoring him and not reading that paper at all.

I don't read it anymore stopped awhile ago. The entire paper is trash. 

25 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

These guys have zero credibility.  After the Idzik show- they were MIA throughout the worst coach in Jets history, T Bowles. 

Very curious.  

Weird not a peep about that boob Mac either, they seem to be the universe's answer to the scourge that is T0m.  Going after his boys Idzik and Gase exclusively 

18 hours ago, ID. said:

We are also a dysfunctional franchise, so his record is 28-34...  To me, that doesn’t instill a ton of confidence.  To others, it seems to be completely ignored.  Postings that state “he has a winning record”, “his teams are competitive” are just not true and are justified by excuses and what-if’s:  injuries, bad management, lack of weapons, etc.

I’m hoping he and Douglas turn this thing around and I do agree that the billboards are overkill, but I just hope we don’t just keep making excuses if things remain status-quo and retain underperforming personnel for too long.  

His leash is short for sure, I'm not sold on him, I just don't hate him which others here clearly do. I just find it hard to blame this mess on Gase, year 1, when the roster wasn't exactly enviable when he got here. The former GM* was still making questionable moves putting together a roster which Gase clearly disliked and in Miami with a healthy QB he would probably have had a winning record while there. I like to imagine JD will bring in a few oline pieces and draft better which should make it much easier to objectively judge Gase year 2. They'll have a losing record this year, but with a mono free Sam it could easily be a winning record with playoff banter right now.   

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Weird not a peep about that boob Mac either, they seem to be the universe's answer to the scourge that is T0m.  Going after his boys Idzik and Gase exclusively 

I know my cause is righteous because of who my enemies are. 

• Upvote 1

Manish’s article:

1. The Johnson brothers are public enemy #1 and Gase is a very close second.
2. The stadium will be packed with Steelers fans, not completely on Gase, but he has a hand in it.
3. Gase is an excuse maker and will continue to be due to his arrogance and owners lack of accountability.
4. All personal Jets fans I know hate Gase and hopes he is one and done so I think his approval rating is low.
5. Plane and billboard are true
6. Daily news sentiment from fans must be true if it was made public (I did not see it)

The article is mostly spot on and factual, what’s the problem with it?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 12/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

SAR and Tom teaming up to try and convince us all that the Jets are fine and everything is great. Strange times indeed. 

This is definitely one of the stranger dynamics here this year.

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Except the entry I submitted (@JetNation) was his favorite. I AM HIS FAVORITE.  :)

30 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The article is mostly spot on and factual, what’s the problem with it? 

The only market for it is the ten paisans on Twitter whom Mehta trolls for attention. The farrrrrr majority of Jets fans knew this was going to be a bad team this year regardless of who was coaching it, and while most of them lean negative on Gase, very few of them actually blame him for the team being bad. That’ll change next season, but for now, Mehta is writing articles for those ten dudes and annoying the other 100,000 Jets fans who know better.

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I despise them even more for making me agree with you 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only market for it is the ten paisans on Twitter whom Mehta trolls for attention. The farrrrrr majority of Jets fans knew this was going to be a bad team this year regardless of who was coaching it, and while most of them lean negative on Gase, very few of them actually blame him for the team being bad. That’ll change next season, but for now, Mehta is writing articles for those ten dudes and annoying the other 100,000 Jets fans who know better.

I don't recall this being the case.  I think many Jet fans thought the team had a chance to make the playoffs.  SAR I predicted 11-5 and a division title.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In fairness you are working off of a recent list. There is no way you could know all your enemies, there are so many of them.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

In fairness you are working off of a recent list. There is no way you could know all your enemies, there are so many of them.

I’ve decided to be Pro-Tom 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Thought that was given considering your affinity for salty pork products 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I came up with another profile blurb for you if you want it: "New York Snack Exchange".

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Very curious.  

You know, that's an interesting point.  Mac was a colossal failure, Bowles was inept...no signs, no planes for them.  Gase removes the treacherous Mac coincidently saving these bozos money from having to pay for more planes and billboards yet they're going after him for this disaster or a roster/season?   Love or hate Gase, he's light years better of a coach than Mac was a GM.

weird...

Still pathetic.  Someone should put a billboard right behind it that reads "These guys are idiots and dont speak for all fans".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yet you also decided to be anti-Shane.  

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I keep a spreadsheet 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't recall this being the case.  I think many Jet fans thought the team had a chance to make the playoffs.  SAR I predicted 11-5 and a division title.

Vegas had them a 6.5 wins, I believe. Most here thought 7-9.

Watch some crazy NY Jets fan who supports Adam Gase climb the ladder on the billboard structure and peel the FIRE GASE sign down the night before the game. 

@T0mShane

I completely disagree with you, most fans looked forward to this season and felt this team was playoff bound. The problem with Gase is when the going got tough, he got going. He quit on the team and lost several games by double digits, including horrible teams he had no business losing to. I made 6 points on the Mehta article as I see it. He has been bailed out by Gregg Williams who has proven he can work with low level talent and whip up a competent game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet you also decided to be anti-Shane.  

Don’t put words in my mouth. Just snacks. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

most fans looked forward to this season and felt this team was playoff bound.

Do you live in Crazy Town? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Manish Jan 16th:

"The Jets finally have the right head coach and quarterback combo to topple the Evil Empire. Opportunity is right there in front of them to wrestle control away from Lord Vader and the GOAT. "

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1