The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

9 hours ago, rammagen said:

THREAD TITLES LIKE THIS SHOULD BE BANNED THEY START ARGUMENTS ESP WHENS STARTED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH BASIC FACTS. DENY THE FACTS AND TRY TO INJECT A FALSE NARRATIVE TO PROVE A POINT THAT HAS BEEN DISPROVEN

deh deh DEH

AND YA DO WHAT THEY TOLD YA

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes, it is.  Because it was real.  It happened on the practice field in front of all.  I am not publicizing him to anyone outside this community and I am not dressing him as a clown... just showing what the world h, including his family, have already seen.  Night and  day.  Nice try, but no.

I am not a gase fan.  Yet.  I am not a fan of publicly humiliating him the way the billboards do.  Gase chose to take a hit of salts on the field.  He didn't dress up in a degrading clown suit.

I could be wrong, but I’m almost certain it happened just at the start of a regular season game.

I want to say opening day vs Buffalo.

I agree with you on the billboard btw.

On 12/18/2019 at 2:39 PM, SAR I said:

How clueless are you that half our starting roster has missed almost the entire season and you judge Gase as if they were perfectly healthy?  You don't like his playcalling?  LOL.  With 4/5 of the OL out or in the wrong position?  With Enunwa and Herndon missing 16 games?  With the 31st rushing attack because of those missing players?  Yet he's 5-5 since Darnold's return.  What, you thought the Jets were going to be 12-4?  Or did you have us at 8-8 when perfectly healthy like everyone else? 

Never before have the Jets been this beat up and yet competed and won games late in a meaningless season.  We've seen Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles rosters fold like a cheap suit.  Gase has done a tremendous job.

SAR I

What team has been perfectly healthy?

Ridiculous

• Post of the Week 1

Adam Gase DESERVES another year just for the reason below:

HE WAS SOLEY RESPOSSIBLE FOR THE OUSTER OF THE WORST GM ever in Jets history Mike Maccagnan. 

The injuries & Sam having Mono ruining the season is just obvious to any fan that knows anything about football. This was a poorly constructed football team to start with, the injuries & how many players and cap dollars are on IR is mind boggling. 

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the way he looks in your smelling salts pic looks worse than the clown look because it caught him at his worst moment and it was real.   For argument's sake, let's say the billboard people changed it to just the picture you have on your profile (without even "Fire Gase").  Would that be considered "publicly humiliating" despite it being real?  To me that would be worse!  Imagine someone captured you when you were drunk, not feeling well, at your worst moment, etc?  

And while it's true you're not publicizing this outside of this community (JetNation.com), I'm pretty sure this is, by far, the single most popular Jets website on the interwebz.  

you are looking for excuses to justify the billboards.  SO go ahead and assess my avatar to accomplish your mission. 

These billboards are an embarrassment to all of us.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

What team has been perfectly healthy?

Ridiculous

injuries.jpg

Ridiculous?  Do you not read the news? 

The Jets have the most players in the NFL on IR, and if you look at our projected opening day roster 18 are on IR and 9 missed significant time in the first 14 games.

What is ridiculous are fans like you who think the Jets just have the typical blah-blah 5 or 6 injuries like other NFL teams.  What is happening to us is unprecedented.  Everything Gase does is judged under this lens.  It is a miracle that we have won 4 of our last 6 games.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Adam Gase DESERVES another year just for the reason below:

HE WAS SOLEY RESPOSSIBLE FOR THE OUSTER OF THE WORST GM ever in Jets history Mike Maccagnan. 

The injuries & Sam having Mono ruining the season is just obvious to any fan that knows anything about football. This was a poorly constructed football team to start with, the injuries & how many players and cap dollars are on IR is mind boggling. 

Bingo.

I wish we rational Jets fans had our own forum.  Even our own thread would be nice.

SAR I

56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you are looking for excuses to justify the billboards.  SO go ahead and assess my avatar to accomplish your mission. 

These billboards are an embarrassment to all of us.

I can assure you I’m not embarrassed by the billboard.  I’m completely indifferent to it. 

• Upvote 1

Not a big deal, just frustrated fans sending a message that the continued losing sucks and that we, as fans are sick and tired of the inept management that runs this team.  At least they have the balls to do it...  And yes, I contributed to the funds.  

Nevertheless, will be another fun tailgate and weather looks good for attending Sunday.  

The complete story not sure if it was ever posted.  Im assuming the news of the billboard company refusing to do the banners has not been updated on their site. 

DETAILS: THREE FIRE ADAM GASE BILLBOARDS COMING THIS WEEKEND!

December 17, 2019|New York Jets

rs=w:1280

Article by Jason Koeppel | Billboard Artwork by Ed West

Fans of the New York Jets attending the 2019 season finale against the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday will be greeted on the way to the stadium by another loud message from their fellow Jets fans.

Three billboards will be posted on major highways outside of the stadium, calling on owners Woody and Chris Johnson to "Save the Jets" and "Fire Adam Gase". These billboards were paid for by the same GoFundMe that flew an airplane over Manhattan with a similar message in early November. 

The donors and organizers of this GoFundMe heard Christopher Johnson's message loud and clear, that Adam Gase would not be fired under any circumstances at the end of this season. We think that is a massive mistake, and are reaching out to both Johnson brothers hoping that they realize what a terrible business decision that would be. 

On the day that Adam Gase was introduced as the Jets new coach, Christopher Johnson said, "I think that they will see this as – if not right now – they’ll see it pretty soon as a great hire. I’m not trying to win Twitter. I’m trying to win football games. I think we’re going to win football games here."

Guess what, Christopher... you are losing both. 

Obviously not every Jets fan chipped in for these billboards, but there is every reason to think that the people who did, represent the vast majority of fans. Christopher Johnson might not care about winning Twitter, but he should probably look at the responses of this recent tweet from Jets beat reporter Manish Mehta if there is any question how unhappy fans are with Adam Gase. 

Full details on billboard locations below:

Location #1: 

(I-95) New Jersey Turnpike 

290,000 Weekly Impressions

Details: This LED Billboard is located on the New Jersey Turnpike just north of Exit 16E. It is targeting commuters headed to Northern points in NJ and to people headed to the George
Washington Bridge via the New Jersey Turnpike. Traffic is originating from points in Central and Southern NJ, including Newark Airport, and from NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel. It has a great long read and is close to the road. 

Location #2: 

I-495 @ Kennedy Boulevard (Lincoln Tunnel) 

435,948 Weekly Impressions

Details: 1.5 miles from Lincoln Tunnel toll booth in NJ. This bulletin targets eastbound traffic into NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel. This unit is situated at a key focal point on I-495, reaching the flow of traffic from all points of NJ flowing to NYC by way of the NJ Turnpike, Rt. 3, and Highway 1/9. I-495, more commonly known as the "Helix", is the main artery into the Lincoln Tunnel. 

Location #3: 

RT 3: 1.5 Miles west of I-495

437,626 Weekly Impressions

Details: This digital billboard reads to westbound traffic on Rt. 3 heading towards MetLife Stadium and the American Dream Mall. This unit is less than 10 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel. 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

injuries.jpg

Ridiculous?  Do you not read the news? 

The Jets have the most players in the NFL on IR, and if you look at our projected opening day roster 18 are on IR and 9 missed significant time in the first 14 games.

What is ridiculous are fans like you who think the Jets just have the typical blah-blah 5 or 6 injuries like other NFL teams.  What is happening to us is unprecedented.  Everything Gase does is judged under this lens.  It is a miracle that we have won 4 of our last 6 games.

SAR I

It is not unprecedented. Bro, the Jets arent even the only team in the league with that many on IR. 

The Jets have 18 on IR

The Jags have 18 on IR

The Redskins have 17 on IR

The Dolphins have 17 on IR

The Falcons have 16 on IR

The Seahawks have 15 on IR

The 49ers have 15 on IR

IF the amount was something truly unprecedented, then there would be no teams that equal the same amount or are even close to that amount given how unprecedented it would be. You are making excuses. That's what you're doing. 

You want to see something that is actually "unprecedented"?

The Colts have 14 on IR,  however their franchise QB, Andrew Luck suddenly retires before the season began. Now that's pretty damn unprecedented. 

And you're absolutely right Gase is under a microscope. A fine one at that. This dude shouldnt have even been hired as the coach because of his lack of success, relationships with players, coaches and front office elsewhere. Gase has done nothing to show that he's not the same guy that he was in Miami. 

Matter of fact, if we use Spotrac's website, they have the jets with a total of 21 on IR with Washington and Miami with 22...both teams with more on the IR than the Jets. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

Adam Gase has been trash thus far and he was trash in Miami as well. Im not saying that he cant turn it around, but you're selling fraudulent info as if this guy is in some sort of unprecedented situation. I can go back to 2018 and you would find teams with similar IR amounts, showing that this is something that teams generally deal with. Example? Last year the Redskins had 25 players on IR, San Fran 19, Oakland 19, Miami 20, Jacksonville 20, Carolina 20, 

The injuries have been much, Im not disagreeing with that, but it isnt unprecedented. Multiple teams (as I have shown) deal with this amount on a yearly basis. Check for yourself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1