Is Greg Williams coming back next year?

nico002

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Gase was hired under the condition that the dc of CJ and mac choice was hired.

Gase already stabbed Mac in the back and it would not be surprise if willaims gets the knife next.

Gase = Grima wormtongue whispering into Theodens ear.

what-did-the-drunk-hobbit-say-when-he-bu

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

To me this is the biggest coaching unknown facing the team.

Ive read rumors of Gase and Williams having an icy relationship. 

If he somehow gets fired we will know that Gase has more power than he should.  I could see him leaving for a HC job if it was offered,  but I think it's unlikely that he will get that call.  

If he doesn't get an offer for HC and isn't here next year it will be because of Gase and that will be a problem. 

Williams has been exceptional 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I bet he gets a couple offer for a HC job. Wonder if jets will give permission for him to interview..that's a thing right? The team has to allow it.

IIRC, he doesn’t need permission if the interview is for a higher title (HC in this case). And the hiring team doesn’t compensate us either. If it’s a lateral move, then he needs a permission and a compensation is required unless of course the old team just wants to get rid of a coach for free. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Gase was hired under the condition that the dc of CJ and mac choice was hired.

Gase already stabbed Mac in the back and it would not be surprise if willaims gets the knife next.

Gase = Grima wormtongue whispering into Theodens ear.

No he wasn't, stop making shlt up.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Probably not

yet another good reason to fire Gase

+1 I think Adam Gase proved himself worthy of staying another year. But to me, WILLIAMS is very much part of the deal. If Williams doesn't stick around then right now becomes the most ideal time to fire the HC.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CurtMart said:

IIRC, he doesn’t need permission if the interview is for a higher title (HC in this case). And the hiring team doesn’t compensate us either. If it’s a lateral move, then he needs a permission and a compensation is required unless of course the old team just wants to get rid of a coach for free. 

Yep. The exception is you still need permission if the coach’s current team is actively in the playoffs, which won’t apply to us. 

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I bet he gets a couple offer for a HC job. Wonder if jets will give permission for him to interview..that's a thing right? The team has to allow it.

Well, if you believe the theory that Gase runs the show, and Gase and Williams don't really mesh, that would be the easiest way to make everyone happy with the least possible PR nightmare.

Well, if you believe the theory that Gase runs the show, and Gase and Williams don't really mesh, that would be the easiest way to make everyone happy with the least possible PR nightmare.
Literally no one has ever said they don't mesh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Williams was quoted earlier this year saying that this is the most fun he’s had in coaching, which was interesting. I think if he shuts down the Steelers and Bills, he’ll go into the offseason with a lot of buzz and will likely get a job. 

I can see the Browns coming after him. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

was a popular comment preseason based on alotta bs speculation...  2 firey personalities, et cet...   people fomenting discord where there wasnt any...  just in case there was ANY kinda anything/smoke they could then fan the flames

51 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I 'm talking about guys on this site. I personally think they work well together,but if that's not the case, letting him interview and potentially leave would work for everyone. Hoping that doesn't happen.

As I have stated before Greg Williams is the MVP of this entire team this season. Bar none.

I see very good things in the future providing we keep Williams and that's how Adam Gase will be able to Blossom and realize Darnolds full potential.

It's bizarre that this is exactly what Rex tried to do and failed over and over. He wanted to be the H.C. and Coach the defense, while having another H.C. take care of the offense. Gase however actually has this and it can work providing he holds up his end of the deal!

Injuries and excuses aside, Joe Douglas has an offseason coming up and we have the QB. It's put-up-or-shut-up time, and I for one am very optimistic.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

As I have stated before Greg Williams is the MVP of this entire team this season. Bar none.

I see very good things in the future providing we keep Williams and that's how Adam Gase will be able to Blossom and realize Darnolds full potential.

It's bizarre that this is exactly what Rex tried to do and failed over and over. He wanted to be the H.C. and Coach the defense, while having another H.C. take care of the offense. Gase however actually has this and it can work providing he holds up his end of the deal!

Injuries and excuses aside, Joe Douglas has an offseason coming up and we have the QB. It's put-up-or-shut-up time, and I for one am very optimistic.

The way you guys gloat about Gase you would think we were 10-6 this year

26 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

After the jets let Williams go in about a month the talk will be he sucked and jets fans can’t wait to see Douglas pick “his guy”

And why would they let him go?

Other than we need another black cloud moment to cry about, one that hasn't even happened or been rumored to happen.

• Haha 1

Why wouldn’t he?

I think even Gregg himself has come to grips with never being given a HC opportunity again.

It’s just not happening.

He couldn’t even get an interview for a head coaching gig last offseason, and that was his best chance ever since Buffalo fired him over 15 years ago.

He’ll be 62 this summer and has a reputation for rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.

He’ll remain a DC until the day he retires. Hopefully he’s here for at least 2-3 more years.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Williams was quoted earlier this year saying that this is the most fun he’s had in coaching, which was interesting. I think if he shuts down the Steelers and Bills, he’ll go into the offseason with a lot of buzz and will likely get a job. 

You know, I was fearing the same, he has matured with age and is less psychotic and more articulate than in the past.  He may very well get a HC gig for 2021, noted how well he did with the Browns last year.