Is Greg Williams coming back next year?

nico002

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Massively overrated by this board but there’s not one reason to think he won’t be back. Gase will be back and he’s much worse. So, who cares? Ownership is fine with 5-11 seasons because they still make gobs of money. 

You watched this group of no names fill in and be a top 5 defense and say he's overrated?  Guess you were expecting more.

• Upvote 1

I could see Gregg getting a few HC interviews. He’s done a masterful job as DC for the Jets. Then he probably gets a few head turns with the mess that is Cleveland. They excelled with him as interim HC last year. 

Im expecting and hoping he stays as DC. If Gase underperforms next year, promote Gregg to HC. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Top 5 defense that got eviscerated by the Bengals? Besides being decent against the run, the defense is not good. 

A good Offense and ST's is vital  to have a good D. An elite D is just that, elite. Jets are ok given the circumstances. Would love to see what a semi healthy, couple of years, helped out by the 2 other phases, D would do.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Top 5 defense that got eviscerated by the Bengals? Besides being decent against the run, the defense is not good. 

Great, wtf does one game have to do with a seaaon?

Or how many players were out or injured.

Admit it, hes been a bright spot. 

Anyone who thinks GW hasn't done a good job and needs to deny credit, well, I'll leave it there

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2019 at 8:06 PM, JTJet said:

Yes. 

He has over performed with a decimated unit and he is under contract for 2 more years. 

I hope the Jets extend GW's contract and give him a large raise to keep him from leaving for a HC job. This is an ideal position for GW, he gets to concentrate on the D and not have to put up with the BS and constants attacks by the predatory NY, national press and talking heads.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I hope the Jets extend GW's contract and give him a large raise to keep him from leaving for a HC job. This is an ideal position for GW, he gets to concentrate on the D and not have to put up with the BS and constants attacks by the predatory NY, national press and talking heads.

I do feel like he has found a home, so to speak. He might not want to leave at all. 

On 12/19/2019 at 11:50 AM, Philc1 said:

The way you guys gloat about Gase you would think we were 10-6 this year

There isn't another HC, past or present, that could have taken this crapshow of a team to a 10-6 record. At least wait until half way through next season before you condemn Gase.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

There isn't another HC, past or present, that could have taken this crapshow of a team to a 10-6 record. At least wait until half way through next season before you condemn Gase.

And somehow, the becomes gloating about Gase.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, Big_Slick said:

You guys are a literal broken record thus the same nonsense bs you said to defend Bowles and Macagnan for year’s “we need at least 5 years to do the true rebuild because of Idzik”

21 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Why would GW leave? Nobody is going to offer him a HC job. His best chance is to stick around here for another year and wait til Gase gets fired mid season.

He’s leaving because Gase is going to have him fired

This franchise is

D363D4DF-147A-497B-92F3-EF617695BBA0.jpeg

Saying that Gase could stab Williams in the back is not a conspiracy theory because he’s done this before. We don’t really know why Williams was named DC. Was it forced upon Gase by Macc or was he ok with it. it was obviously a good call. But Williams doesn’t need Gase to have a job in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Saying that Gase could stab Williams in the back is not a conspiracy theory because he’s done this before. We don’t really know why Williams was named DC. Was it forced upon Gase by Macc or was he ok with it, it was obviously a good call. But Williams doesn’t need Gase to have a job in the NFL. 

Williams was forced upon Gase by Mac

Enjoy 2 more weeks of Williams because he’s a goner unless Woody and Chrissy miraculously do the intellegent thing and fire Gase

I’ve seen stranger things than firing a head coach who doesn’t get along with a highly rated coordinator and naming the coordinator head coach. I don’t think it’s likely to happen because it would make Chris look like an idiot for listening to Gase in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Williams was forced upon Gase by Mac

I don't believe that fake news for a second, but even if it were it makes no difference.

Clearly, the Jets defensive players love the man and play their asses off for him.  They are getting some major success completely illogically due to the deep injuries.  The players love him, he's not going anywhere, at least not the Jets letting him go-  he's surely a threat to get one of the HC jobs, though unlikely as he's not a 30-something OC.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, Jet Nut said:

Great, wtf does one game have to do with a seaaon?

Or how many players were out or injured.

Admit it, hes been a bright spot. 

Anyone who thinks GW hasn't done a good job and needs to deny credit, well, I'll leave it there

The defense with loads of money thrown at it and high picks has been mediocre. Way to really strive for greatness! There is no bright spots for another losing season. If you’re willing to continue to slob the knob of this loser franchise, well, I’ll leave it there. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 12/18/2019 at 8:02 PM, nico002 said:

To me this is the biggest coaching unknown facing the team.

Ive read rumors of Gase and Williams having an icy relationship. 

Where have you heard these rumors?

Williams will be back unless he is offered a HC spot.  He's under contract and isn't going to retire

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't believe that fake news for a second, but even if it were it makes no difference.

Clearly, the Jets defensive players love the man and play their asses off for him.  They are getting some major success completely illogically due to the deep injuries.  The players love him, he's not going anywhere, at least not the Jets letting him go-  he's surely a threat to get one of the HC jobs, though unlikely as he's not a 30-something OC.

SAR I

So are we still making the playoffs?

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

22-34 record.

according to jetnation that makes him a proven loser who should never hc in the nfl again.

adam gase is 28-34

This is not really fair to GW because he was asked to HC Buffalo before it was fixed. 

The NFL is a big Corporate operation.  GW is not only older and defense, but I think it is hard with his history to make him a HC.

I don’t think GW was “forced” on Gase.   Gase wanted the job and Mac said here is your DC.  Gase likely did not have a better idea and smartly went with it.  

What happens with GW this off season will tell us a lot about the state of the Jets.  He is the perfect potential interim for next year that allows CJ to give Gase another chance   As we saw, Bowles never had a potential interim on his staff   It is a threat to the HC  

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The defense with loads of money thrown at it and high picks has been mediocre. Way to really strive for greatness! There is no bright spots for another losing season. If you’re willing to continue to slob the knob of this loser franchise, well, I’ll leave it there. 

And all the money spent by Macc on players, CJ & TJ, Avery, they're not playing.  So there's the reason to credit the job by GW.  Not getting how anyone who follows this team doesn't get that.

Don't tell me what I'm happy with or whatever point you're trying to make by giving me shlt for recognizing the simple fact that with all the inuries to the D, GW has done a great job.  The D and the job hes done isn't the reason to complain.  Sorry you cant see that

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You guys are a literal broken record thus the same nonsense bs you said to defend Bowles and Macagnan for year’s “we need at least 5 years to do the true rebuild because of Idzik”

Personally - I've never defended Bowles, Herm, Idzik or Macc for five years. Hell - I've never defended these rookie *holes after giving them a fair chance. There's no comparison between those guys and Gase and GW in their FIRST season taking over the crapshow of a team those other morons left the Jets with a  talent devoid roster. 

Have half a brain and judge these guys after they a chance. No where have I supported keeping losers for five years.