maury77

2020 Draft OL thread

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s what he will be doing to Nick Bosa for us next season

On 3/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, sec101row23 said:

I can push my truck on a flat surface.

Also, I noticed that the brake lights were on and then he pushed it really easy.  Was the truck in drive?

Do we know where a good place is to find college OL penalty stats?

Just saw Charlie Campbell's latest mock. Has Cleveland taking Simmons @10, and we get Becton. Also, has us taking Claypool in the 2nd.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, section314 said:

Just saw Charlie Campbell's latest mock. Has Cleveland taking Simmons @10, and we get Becton. Also, has us taking Claypool in the 2nd.

A2365FDB-321F-4754-B779-3D8751D8EB36.jpeg.e1d19fd2519b45e5d123fc01085260fa.jpeg

• Haha 1

What are people's thoughts on Andrew Thomas these days? He seemed like the prototype LT to me based on the tape and quite athletic (but not freakish). Why are people so down on him? I think his technique is the best of the big 4, especially in pass blocking. Dude is a tap dancer on the edge. 

8 hours ago, TheMo said:

What are people's thoughts on Andrew Thomas these days? He seemed like the prototype LT to me based on the tape and quite athletic (but not freakish). Why are people so down on him? I think his technique is the best of the big 4, especially in pass blocking. Dude is a tap dancer on the edge. 

I dont think anyone is down on him, hes the typical prospect who doesnt have "buzz" so it seems like he is "falling" on draft boards.  He has the size, experience and production to be a 10 year starter at LT - for us he could start day 1 at RT and hopefully Fant can hold it down at LT for a couple years.

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

I dont think anyone is down on him, hes the typical prospect who doesnt have "buzz" so it seems like he is "falling" on draft boards.  He has the size, experience and production to be a 10 year starter at LT - for us he could start day 1 at RT and hopefully Fant can hold it down at LT for a couple years.

I guess my thing is I'd probably still take him over Becton or Wills. Not sure how those two leapfrogged him. Becton i like his upside and would have no problem taking him at 11. But how do you pass on Thomas for him? Thomas I think has a similar enough ceiling but his floor is much higher. 

Here is some more tape from Becton during his true freshman year. Since I always talk about watching their feet just watch Becton in this breakdown. He's incredibly light on his feet and this was when he was 18 years old. @jetstream23

Just look for #73 because he plays both positions throughout the game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1