As an absolute surprise to no one, Gase has lost the locker room

Ohhthepain

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 4-2 in their last six and played their asses off against the best, most physical team in the league but ok. 

Right. Its absurd. This had all the looks of a 1-15 dumpster fire after NE/Jax/Miami 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 4-2 in their last six and played their asses off against the best, most physical team in the league but ok. 

So what. 

They (the players and staff) are fighting for their jobs too. I'm sorry, but I know you're too smart for this BS. If you're choosing to be willfully ignorant, then that's on you. This isn't a Peter Berg movie - and the assessment isn't black and white. Of course there's something Gase does well. But it's not enough. He doesn't have the leadership qualities need to take a good team the distance. Not a fcking chance. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Gase is an dumb. Idk why he didn’t learn that he can’t continue to force his bullsht on the team. 

This year was tough with all the injuries and QBs going down but I hate his attitude and how he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. 

The only guys he likes is Darnold, Griffin and Thomas. He thinks every one else is an idiot. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This. Not even his contract - his life. This sport has the shortest expiry date, and we're going to see this Gase-Circus through another year for no other reason than "well, you know...."... Fck that. What is the best case scenario with Gase?  If everyone's healthy and the schedule is forgiving.. 10-6? Does anyone really think we're going to the SB with this clown?

Fcking Jets.

There is almost zero chance Gase is back in 2021. The Jets cannot fix all these flaws in one offseason. Darnold will have to evolve into a top 5 QB in order for the Jets to have a winning record against that schedule. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2867706-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-nfl-insiders-preview-2020-coaching-carousel.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

The remaining 23 teams are not expected to make a coaching change this offseason. 

There are, of course, surprises every hiring and firing season that can't be factored in as of now. 

"The Browns can announce that Kitchens is the guy, but I don't know anyone who believes his job is safe," said one former NFL general manager who hopes to break back in. "That situation is a mess, and while ownership might not want to pay another fired head coach, something has to give."

The same goes for the New York Jets. One player told me Adam Gase has lost the respect of the locker room with his "tough guy bulls--t attitude" and the team's lack of a plan offensively. "Guys actually respect Gregg Williams," the player said. "No one respects Gase."

Owner Christopher Johnson fired Todd Bowles and the front office last offseason, though, and might not be willing to pay another coach to leave.

One player told a guy at the Bleacher Report...

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think Gase is well liked.  He doesn't have to be.  Especially coming off a string of "players coaches".

The one thing I hear a lot about Gase that bothers me much more than anything is that he basically doesn't do anything with the defense.  

I absolutely am not an advocate of how he approaches being a head coach(he's not the only one either).  He's a glorified coordinator that has a yes man in Loggains by his side.  If I had my way, he'd can Loggains, hire someone that he can calloborate with on offense and over see the entire team.  I'm not saying that is absolutely the right way to do things, but if I were running the Jets, that's what I'd be looking for a HC to do.

This, I agree with. 

Before this year the Jets had gone a couple years without an opening drive TD, this season they did that three games in a row. So there’s some good coming from Gase’s offense, but adding a legit offensive coordinator -especially to help with in game adjustments- would be beneficial. I’m fine with Gase focusing on offense, but he does need more freedom to oversee the whole team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This. Not even his contract - his life. This sport has the shortest expiry date, and we're going to see this Gase-Circus through another year for no other reason than "well, you know...."... Fck that. What is the best case scenario with Gase?  If everyone's healthy and the schedule is forgiving.. 10-6? Does anyone really think we're going to the SB with this clown?

Fcking Jets.

What coach is taking the 2020 Jets to the Super Bowl?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's ridiculous.  You legitimately think NFL coaches don't hire people who challenge their ideas?  For example, John Harbaugh and Greg Roman share the same offensive ideology?

They all have their own dudes. This is not mutually exclusive to ALSO having guys who may challnege ideas.

As for the emboldened section I'd say YES. Maximize and nurture Lamar's talent.

I dislike Gase as a coach.

I think the 'source' is right about the pedestrian offense.

I think the whiny millennials should shut the F up and do their job.

These days you lose the locker room by not giving the team a 5 minute smart phone break every half hour of team meeting.

Does a coach ever have a locker room?  Yeah when you are 13-2.

(Sticking up for Gase on that one point may god have mercy on my soul.)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

and what EXACTLY does is the benefit of that? In THIS case, with AG?

GW is doing his job. Boyer his.    shrug

A team can't be three teams, it needs to be one team. Doesn't matter who the head coach is. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, slats said:

This, I agree with. 

Before this year the Jets had gone a couple years without an opening drive TD, this season they did that three games in a row. So there’s some good coming from Gase’s offense, but adding a legit offensive coordinator -especially to help with in game adjustments- would be beneficial. I’m fine with Gase focusing on offense, but he does need more freedom to oversee the whole team. 

Gase has Jim Bob Cooter on the staff, who ran some innovative sh*t with the Lions. I’m not sure how much of a value-add Loggains is, but overall Gase has hired some legitimate coaches for this team. 

• Upvote 2