As an absolute surprise to no one, Gase has lost the locker room

Ohhthepain

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

yes exactly that. What is so god damn perplexing about this? 

It's not a 1-state binary situation -- the team can be in shambles AND it can also be true that he isn't a great leader and coach. 

The need to can Adam Gase isn't fueled by our record, or production on field (at least not completely) - it's about how he handles managing the team ffs. He's the head coach, and he's bad at it. Why is that an elusive notion. 

Because it really doesn’t matter whether you think he’s a redeemable leader or not. The time for that assessment was back in January. You hired him to fix this sh*thole team and no man alive was going to do that in seven months time, and if you fire him for not being able to do what nobody could have done, you’re going to be standing here in March with your dick i your hand trying to coax Rob Ryan into taking this job because only a dead-ender like that would agree to take a job with an organization as demonstrably poorly run as this one is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm sure this dude from Joplin Missouri has many contacts into the Jets locker room.

"one player told me" - which player was that?  Jarvis Landry?

Exaclty.  I am not a fan of Gase, but how can this guy have any credibiltiy.  Spoke to one player.  Did he only speak to one and not follow up with others, which would be real shoddy reporting.  And if he did speak to other players, did they support the opinion of the one.  I would think he would have reported that if they did.

Lazy reporting.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is overstated. He’s got Vyncint Smith and Daniel Brown playing significant roles on offense. What adjustments are you supposed to make to deal with putting street free agents on the field? It’s not like he’s got a veteran team that can change things up on the fly. It’d be a huge accomplishment if all eleven guys on any given play know ten different plays at this point.

Don’t know if Gase has lost team or not but I do think he gets another year. We all know that the team is injury riddled but to make the argument that the Offense has a bunch of street free agents and that is the reason why the Offense is playing particularly poorly one can just look across the hall so to speak at our defense and what is universally agreed upon on this board what a great job that Greg Williams is doing with just as many street free agents he has on defense. For that reason and many others I don’t think Gase survives a full season next year. I believe Gase will be fired by midway point of next season    Williams will be named interim head coach then eventually given the permanent title of head coach. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

"We hate Coach Gase so we're going to win 4 of our last 6 games.  Yeah, that'll show him!"

--No Player, Ever

You do realize beating those teams means nothing.  They are in worse shape than we are.  C'mon...have some common sense.  The teams were freakin terrible by any measure.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I despise this Gase joker and want him fired but have to agree with the guys saying this doesn't look like a team who quit on the coach. Probably just a player who was benched or disciplined saying this.

So now the criteria for being kept around is that the team hasn't quit.  Jeez.  Talk about having low, to essentially no, expectations.

Expect more BM.  Expect a winner.  You're actually happy with what you're seeing.  Whew...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 4-2 in their last six and played their asses off against the best, most physical team in the league but ok. 

Ugh, your unrelenting support of Gase has been the saddest part of a depressing season

3 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Gase is very fortunate he faced the easiest schedule in the league. This 5-11 record could easily be a 2-14 or 3-13 record. 

Bingo

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I don't need to read anything.  I simply need to watch the team.  Gase has been terrible.  Period.

Getting wins against the crap teams we've beaten and thinking it adds up to anything is laughable.

Gase is not good, nor is he long term for this role.  Cut bait.  Move on.

For those of you advocating for not firing him you're basically agreeing with CJ and Woody.  Good luck with that.

While I agree, I don’t think it would be prudent to get rid of him this year...  Hopefully this off-season produces some good/decent players through FA and the draft, especially OLine & WR.   But if we get similar results next year, GHTFO

1 hour ago, Drums said:

There is a huge difference here. The Jets are still playing hard and saying the right things; on the other hand, the Browns are an absolute mess with their antics. 

What “antics” are you talking about?

I could list a few from our team, I’m curious about what you saw specifically in Cleveland. Sounds like I missed hearing about them....

2 hours ago, KRL said:

I'm still not sold on Gase and I'm not a defender.  But if he's lost
the team why didn't they totally tank after losing to MIA when they
fell to 1-7???  Why are they 4-2 in the second half of the season???
Just asking. 

1) The same reason we hear why teams don’t “tank” for better draft position...  They’re fiery competitors at heart.

2) They have 4 wins playing against the bottom teams in the league

84FE63E7-C15A-4199-9C54-394DF2456C57.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is overstated. He’s got Vyncint Smith and Daniel Brown playing significant roles on offense. What adjustments are you supposed to make to deal with putting street free agents on the field? It’s not like he’s got a veteran team that can change things up on the fly. It’d be a huge accomplishment if all eleven guys on any given play know ten different plays at this point.

Good post with one caveat...I don’t believe he gets a free pass on the injury situation.  It’s way too endemic to be bad luck. Something is wrong here and needs to be addressed.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 4-2 in their last six and played their asses off against the best, most physical team in the league but ok. 

I have to be honest. I don’t know to compute an actual positive Jets post from you. 
My entire world is crumbling. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

The same goes for the New York Jets. One player told me Adam Gase has lost the respect of the locker room with his "tough guy bulls--t attitude" and the team's lack of a plan offensively. "Guys actually respect Gregg Williams," the player said. "No one respects Gase."

Adams?  Yeah, probably Adams.

31 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

So now the criteria for being kept around is that the team hasn't quit.  Jeez.  Talk about having low, to essentially no, expectations.

Expect more BM.  Expect a winner.  You're actually happy with what you're seeing.  Whew...

I expect people to know how to read for starters.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because it really doesn’t matter whether you think he’s a redeemable leader or not. The time for that assessment was back in January. You hired him to fix this sh*thole team and no man alive was going to do that in seven months time, and if you fire him for not being able to do what nobody could have done, you’re going to be standing here in March with your dick i your hand trying to coax Rob Ryan into taking this job because only a dead-ender like that would agree to take a job with an organization as demonstrably poorly run as this one is. 

T0m, I’ve been saying the same things you have about the Gase situation. He wasn’t my choice, but I don’t understand howpeople think this team would’ve performed much better with another coach.

The only thing I disagree with (and I don’t want him fired) is the idea that if we did, no qualified candidate would want his job. There are 32 HC positions, 5 to 7 become available each year. At the minimum, these guys are given 4 year deals for millions of dollars.

I wouldn’t want a person who turned down one of these opportunities because of the way his predecessor was let go. I’d want the guy who has enough confidence in his own ability that he’d take it thinking he’d be the one who turns things around and stays here as long as he wants to.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

that's stupid, and as a successful human being - you look the dumber for posting this trash.

Players have jobs to play for too. So do coordinators and position coaches. This isn't fcking mario kart. 

In that case, there is no issue. 

Because if players are motivated to play hard to keep their jobs then their rhetoric about head coaches and this "losing the lockeroom" thing is nothing but a myth.

SAR I

I think there are a lot of people here who never liked the Gase hire from day one (I didn’t like it either) but so many of them are just over the top in their opinion of him now.

People started calling for him to be fired 3 weeks into the season... it’s just dumb. The main problem here is the players. We don’t have enough good ones for any coach to succeed.

The next biggest problem is Gase, but it’s not his coaching, it’s his appearance and the way he interacts with the press and how that comes off with the fans. If Gase had the looks of say a Carroll or Del Rio, or the personality of a Herm or Rex, a lot of people would feel better about and be more patient with him.

He doesn’t though, so the same people who post constantly listing excuse after excuse for his QB, are quick to ignore those same excuses when it comes to his HC.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He can’t consistently make good Half-time adjustments,

he doesn't adapt to the way the defense is playing his offense,

he doesn’t take much advantage of what a defense isn’t doing well,

he’s some offensive guru but can’t find creative enough ways to get Le’Veon’s hands on the ball more,

THE JETS ARE MORE INJURED THIS SEASON THAN AT ANY OTHER TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE.

Just in case some of you are as blind as you are deaf.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

THE JETS ARE MORE INJURED THIS SEASON THAN AT ANY OTHER TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE.

Just in case some of you are as blind as you are deaf.

SAR I

So? You make it work. I’m tired of excuses. Teams do well with injured players all the time. Are their rosters more built up than ours to withstand injuries? Most of them, probably.

its not an excuse you get to use all year though. At some point you must adapt or sink. 

He’s sinking. 

Other HC’s don’t? Why him? He sucks.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Even the average fan watching on TV can see Gase has NO idea how to orchestrate a running game.  It's a bit of a handicap when the other team knows you're putting it all on Darnold.

injuries.jpg

Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi wouldn't be better than 5-5 since Darnold's return.

This team is below expansion-level.  It is a miracle that we are doing this well.  Gase is coaching his ass off.  Probably the best coaching job we've seen since Parcells '97.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

What “antics” are you talking about?

I could list a few from our team, I’m curious about what you saw specifically in Cleveland. Sounds like I missed hearing about them....

Shouting “take me with you” to the other team—I think it was the Steelers, and if it was, that’s even worse. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

- Crushed by a bad Philly team 

No Darnold.  No Simean.  Starter now bagging groceries.

- Stomped by a suspect Cleveland team

No Darnold.  Simean for 10 minutes.  QB3 now bagging groceries.

- Thrashed by a suspect Jax team

At that time, Minshewmania was sweeping the NFL.  Most had the Jets ceiling at 8-8, it means they lose a lot of road games.

- Beaten by the juggernaut Fins.

Division games on the road are never easy, we all know that when Fitz gets hot he's tough to beat, if we had a tackle and a kicker we win that game.

- Whipped by the Bengals

Most had the Jets ceiling at 8-8, it means they lose a lot of road games.  Dalton and Fitzpatrick are two peas in a pod; when they get hot, they are the best player on the field.  And they were.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Don't give me excuses!  Vyncint Smith is going to the Hall Of Fame! 

Your horse has 3 legs and came in 3rd place in the Kentucky Derby.  Take it out back and shoot it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So? You make it work. I’m tired of excuses. Teams do well with injured players all the time. Are their rosters more built up than ours to withstand injuries? Most of them, probably.

its not an excuse you get to use all year though. At some point you must adapt or sink. 

He’s sinking. 

I agree, but I also remember we are making it work where we’ve invested—defense— but no where else. And most of us felt good about our playoff chances “if we stayed healthy,” which we didn’t. With that said, there’s no excuse to lose to the goddam Dolphins or Bengals. So yeah, I don’t think Gase is great, but I also don’t think he is as bad as some people make him out to be. He’s just alright and that won’t get it done with the injuries and an offensive line that sucks. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s sinking. 

The team has won 4 of 6. They haven’t quit, despite how bad the talent level and injuries have been. You started a thread yesterday about Darnold, where you claimed he’s improved this year, which was with Gase as HC, and playing in his offense.

Youre losing me here. The team is finishing the year on an upswing, you think the QB is better, and yet you think the HC sucks and you want him fired because Bell isn’t getting enough passes in the flat?

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

With that said, there’s no excuse to lose to the goddam Dolphins or Bengals. So yeah, I don’t think Gase is great

This is my main issue. You lose games you’re suppose to probably lose..okay.

Miami and Cinci???? Like we’re still talking about an outside shot at the playoffs if we take care of business, so not only can he not finish against teams equal to us or better but he can’t finish against teams equal to us or worse.

who the hell are we consistently suppose to beat? We lose to any type of team. 

Beating Miami and Cinci puts us at 7-7. Now if you would of told me we’d be 7-7 despite all the injuries, blah, blah, blah then I would feel a lot better about the situation going into next year but the fact that we could not finish Miami off at home or correctly take advantage of Cinci’s defensive weaknesses(we ran towards Dunlap all ******* day).....yeah he sucks.

• Upvote 1