As an absolute surprise to no one, Gase has lost the locker room

Ohhthepain

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"We lose our QB for 3 games"

"Just couldn't keep a core group of guys healthy long enough to really gain that chemistry"

These are excuses.  Parcells would never say crap like this (even if he thought it).  When a HC publicly expresses stuff like this, the players will hear it and take the cue that winning is not expected because they have a valid excuse.

Mike Tomlin lost Ben for basically the whole season.  Has he used it as an excuse?  He's winning with a 3rd stringer.  Parcells won with Ray Lucas.

Vic Fangio who sucks won games with both his 2nd and 3rd string qbs this year 

Adam

Gase

Blows

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Just couldn't keep a core group of guys healthy long enough to really gain that chemistry"

These are excuses.

No. Those are called “reasons”.

You are trying to use excuses to get Adam Gase fired. Go ask Bill Parcells what he thinks about your airplane and billboard tactics. He’d call you a pussy. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No. Those are called “reasons”.

You are trying to use excuses to get Adam Gase fired. Go ask Bill Parcells what he thinks about your airplane and billboard tactics. He’d call you a pussy. 

SAR I

No, I'm pretty certain they're excuses and also that Parcells would have none of it.

You call them reasons.  Well what about my point that a HC saying it (even if he believes it) gives players the excuse to lose because their HC is giving them an out for not winning?

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No, I'm pretty certain they're excuses and also that Parcells would have none of it.

You call them reasons.  Well what about my point that a HC saying it (even if he believes it) gives players the excuse to lose because their HC is giving them an out for not winning?

Time out.  Adam Gase has NEVER used injuries as an excuse, ever.  He has taken the traditional HC approach of publicly speaking about "next man upsmanship" and engaging in no excuse-making at all.

Smart Jets fans, different story.  We're allowed to tell it like it is.  Bart Scott does, all the time, every day on his radio show, talks about how the Jets have had severe, unprecedented injuries.  Boomer & Gio too.  So realistic Jets fans can also.  Savvy?

If you're a SOJF who likes playing the victim and reading social media and newspapers who write the way you want them to in order to depress you, have at it.  The smart Jets fans know what's what.  No excuses.  Reasons.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Time out.  Adam Gase has NEVER used injuries as an excuse, ever.  He has taken the traditional HC approach of publicly speaking about "next man upsmanship" and engaging in no excuse-making at all.

Smart Jets fans, different story.  We're allowed to tell it like it is.  Bart Scott does, all the time, every day on his radio show, talks about how the Jets have had severe, unprecedented injuries.  Boomer & Gio too.  So realistic Jets fans can also.  Savvy?

If you're a SOJF who likes playing the victim and reading social media and newspapers who write the way you want them to in order to depress you, have at it.  The smart Jets fans know what's what.  No excuses.  Reasons.

SAR I

From the players' perspective, what's the difference?  They've been given a free pass to lose.  Their HC gave them an excuse, er, reason, why losing is okay.  That "reason" has also been reinforced by CJ, who doesn't requires accountability either.

The only people who actually do demand accountability from this team are the airplane/billboard gang.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

From the players' perspective, what's the difference?  They've been given a free pass to lose.  Their HC said so.

Where on Earth are you getting this from? 

And does the team look like they are embracing the concept of low-effort and losing?  Have we not won 4 of our last 6 games after opening 1-7?  Are we not 5-5 since our franchise quarterback got out of a hospital bed and into a uniform?

In all likelihood, the Jets are going to end the season going 6-6 with Darnold healthy.  Back in August, you predicted 8-8.  The f-ck you complaining about?

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Adam Gase never had the locker room.

The Jets are likely to turn an injury-riddled 1-7 first half into an even more injury-riddled 5-3 second half.

That's amazing.  That's one of the best coaching jobs in Jets history.  Gase isn't your worry.  Douglas is.  This guy better be a good GM and get us an OL, some DB's, and some WR's next season.  Turn this year's 11-5 into 13-3 next year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

The Jets are likely to turn an injury-riddled 1-7 first half into an even more injury-riddled 5-3 second half.
That's amazing.  That's one of the best coaching jobs in Jets history.  Gase isn't your worry.  Douglas is.  This guy better be a good GM and get us an OL, some DB's, and some WR's next season.  Turn this year's 11-5 into 13-3 next year.
SAR I

Best coaching jobs in Jets history: Gase is up there with Ewbank from the super bowl 3 season! Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Where on Earth are you getting this from? 

And does the team look like they are embracing the concept of low-effort and losing?  Have we not won 4 of our last 6 games after opening 1-7?  Are we not 5-5 since our franchise quarterback got out of a hospital bed and into a uniform?

In all likelihood, the Jets are going to end the season going 6-6 with Darnold healthy.  Back in August, you predicted 8-8.  The f-ck you complaining about?

SAR I

Lost to 0-7 Dolphins and blown out by 0-11 Bengals.  Almost got swept by the Dolphins.

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

Best coaching jobs in Jets history: Gase is up there with Ewbank from the super bowl 3 season! Hahahaha

Coach Ewbank had the best QB in the AFL and the best D in both the NFL and AFL.  Not a shock that the Jets peaked at the right time and won it all.

Coach Gase has 18 players on IR.  You do realize that there are only 22 players on the field at any given time, yes?  And that as the season moved on the injury situation got worse, not better, right? 

And so finishing on a 6-2 or 5-3 run is an amazing accomplishment, right?  That a head coach really needs to be on top of his game in order to get a beat up roster to outperform its ability level, right?

Smart Jets fans get this.  Morons who are played as suckers by social and traditional media and spew the nonsense you spew aren't playing us.  You dig, bro?  You can swallow Manish's feces all day if you like, you can make yourself feel like a loser as much as you want.  We're not buying your stupidity.  Savvy?

SAR I

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lost to 0-7 Dolphins and blown out by 0-11 Bengals.  Almost got swept by the Dolphins.

You had us at 8-8 back in August.  8-8 teams....wait for it.....lose 8 games.

In the end we're going to split with the Bills and Dolphins and go 4-2 or 5-1 at home with a healthy Darnold.  That's progress.  Those are two important steps we said we needed to take this year-  win division games, get a homefield advantage.  Next season, step up and beat teams like the Patriots, improve our road record.  You didn't have us in the playoffs this year.  Healthy, we're going to wind up finishing the year on a 5-3 or 6-2 run.

Sweet.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Coach Ewbank had the best QB in the AFL and the best D in both the NFL and AFL.  Not a shock that the Jets peaked at the right time and won it all.
Coach Gase has 18 players on IR.  You do realize that there are only 22 players on the field at any given time, yes?  And that as the season moved on the injury situation got worse, not better, right? 
And so finishing on a 6-2 or 5-3 run is an amazing accomplishment, right?  That a head coach really needs to be on top of his game in order to get a beat up roster to outperform its ability level, right?
Smart Jets fans get this.  Morons who are played as suckers by social and traditional media and spew the nonsense you spew aren't playing us.  You dig, bro?  You can swallow Manish's feces all day if you like, you can make yourself feel like a loser as much as you want.  We're not buying your stupidity.  Savvy?
SAR I

Are you on drugs? The only stupidity on this board is written by you! Please don’t even put Gase in the same sentence as Ewbank as you are making a bigger fool out of yourself as need be. He is hands down one of the worst coaches in the NFL. Have some guts and enlighten the board with which coaches Gase is better than. Not many that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These are excuses.  Parcells would never say crap like this (even if he thought it).  When a HC publicly expresses stuff like this, the players will hear it and take the cue that winning is not expected because they have a valid excuse.

Mike Tomlin lost Ben for basically the whole season.  Has he used it as an excuse?  He's winning with a 3rd stringer.  Parcells won with Ray Lucas.

These are facts.  You want to blame Gase and make facts excuses.  

One more time, to compare the Steelers to the jets, to think two equal team lost the same position player and no others, to not understand that the leeway for what each team can lose is completely different is to admit that you have no clue about these teams.  

After we lost to Miami, I thought we would fold and quit on the year. We did a 180 and went on a win streak. Have to give Gase credit for that (and I’m no Gase fan), but you have to call it like it is.

My real issue was the Cincy loss. We didn’t just lose to ANOTHER winless team, we got beaten soundly. We didn’t just get beaten soundly, our gameplan was atrocious across the board. That’s on coaching as much as the win streak was.

Minus 1 or 2 throws I thought Darnold looked great against Baltimore. 

Let’s finish the year with 2 more wins. Let’s have Darnold continue to rise. Then Gase will have earned his 2nd year, with hopefully a revamped OL and overall roster with a real NFL GM. Let’s end the season with some hope and momentum.

But if we get completely walloped this/next week...its going to be a miserable offseason. 

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

These are facts.  You want to blame Gase and make facts excuses.  

One more time, to compare the Steelers to the jets, to think two equal team lost the same position player and no others, to not understand that the leeway for what each team can lose is completely different is to admit that you have no clue about these teams.

Right!  The Jets have so little talent that we can't even expect Gase to do better than 1-2 (the win by the skin of his teeth) against the Bengals and Dolphins. Gase has been amazing this year!  Should be the favorite for coach of the year!

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Gase hasn't just done the best coaching job in NYJ history, he's done the best coaching job in NFL history!

Btw, are you finally a fan of Gase now?

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/149111-official-jets-vs-ravens-game-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4319844

image.thumb.png.fb4382dc35a14513ccadb793b3153c04.png

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase hasn't just done the best coaching job in NYJ history, he's done the best coaching job in NFL history!

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/149111-official-jets-vs-ravens-game-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4319844

Why do I keep getting notification when you quote this post. 

GIVE IT A REST DUDE. 

joewilly12 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

GIVE IT A REST DUDE. 

joewilly12 

Sorry to inconvenience you like that!  I can only imagine how traumatic it must be to click on a link that doesn't apply to you!

(it's clearly a website bug, btw)

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sorry to inconvenience you like that!  I can only imagine how traumatic it must be to click on a link that doesn't apply to you!

No inconvenience at all just wondering what the hell is going on,FYI 3 notifications not 1. 

Enjoy the game. 

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

GIVE IT A REST DUDE. 

joewilly12 

@Maxman  Website bug: When I post a "share this post" link to a post where SAR I replied to something I wrote, it sends a notification to JoeWilly12

This is the post where I clicked on "Share this post".

image.png.4e08c48fa709bbd91711b9473a0a0075.png

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

GIVE IT A REST DUDE. 

joewilly12 

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No inconvenience at all just wondering what the hell is going on,FYI 3 notifications not 1. 

Enjoy the game. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@maxman

Right!  The Jets have so little talent that we can't even expect Gase to do better than 1-2 (the win by the skin of his teeth) against the Bengals and Dolphins. Gase has been amazing this year!  Should be the favorite for coach of the year!

Why are you now switching to how many points they lost by?  1 point wins don't count?  You think this team is so talented, especially taking injuries into account that they should beat any team by a wide margin?  

You just cant seen to understand the talent level and what's on the field.  And repeating the same nonsense about Gase being amazing or whether he should be coach of the year doesn't make any kind of point

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Vic Fangio who sucks won games with both his 2nd and 3rd string qbs this year 

Adam

Gase

Blows

And with more talent, a healthier roster, his team has won same number of games as the Jets?  

And no one has won games with a QB off the practice squad, who was at best a developmental project that they hoped could become a viable backup down the road. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why are you now switching to how many points they lost by?  1 point wins don't count?  You think this team is so talented, especially taking injuries into account that they should beat any team by a wide margin?  

You just cant seen to understand the talent level and what's on the field.  And repeating the same nonsense about Gase being amazing or whether he should be coach of the year doesn't make any kind of point

I think Flores is getting a lot more out of a very-bad-to-begin-with (and worse after trading Tunsil, Minkah, etc) team than Gase is getting out of his.  I'll excuse Gase for the non-Darnold games.  But 1-2 vs the Dolphins/Bengals with a (reasonably) healthy Sam is just plain unacceptable.

I think Flores is getting a lot more out of a very-bad-to-begin-with (and worse after trading Tunsil, Minkah, etc) team than Gase is getting out of his.  I'll excuse Gase for the non-Darnold games.  But 1-2 vs the Dolphins/Bengals with a (reasonably) healthy Sam is just plain unacceptable.

So how many more games would d a NFL HC of the year candidate, your logic, would Flores get out of the Jets?  Instead of 5 would he have us at what, 7, 8 wins?  

Not only have you managed to overrate the Jet roster, you've underrated the Dolphins roster.