You can slowly peel off a Band-Aid or you can rip it off

Either way, it's coming off. You might even leave it on and let it fall off as the adhesive wears out. It still doesn't change the fact that the Band-Aid is coming off. 

I wasn't a fan of the Gase hire, but I allowed people such as Adam Schein to convince me that Gase was the right choice. I was patient and understood that there would be growing pains with a new coach, a young QB, and a poor starting OL. Mono and new injuries every week bought Gase some time, and additional patience on my part. I fail to see how Gase is made any improvements in his coaching style since he left the Dolphins. It's more of the same. It's my opinion that Gase is the kind of coach who has a style and game plan that he tailors his team around instead of the inverse. It's quite possible that he can succeed with the exact players he needs, but you could say that about any coach. Good coaches puts every player in the best position to succeed. Perpetually losing coaches misuse hall of fame caliber running backs and make them look pedestrian. Good coaches make adjustments from drive to drive, and even more so from half to half. Losing coaches run the same unimaginative running plays and screens that force 3rd and longs. I could go on, but nothing I am saying is something that we haven't discussed ad nauseam. 

4-2 over six games seems like reason to be optimistic, but I cannot get over the loss to the Bengals. If that L is against almost any other team, I likely wouldn't even considered starting this thread. You don't get a playoff birth from going on a 4-2 run, but you do miss the playoffs when your record is 5-9 after 14 games. Anything short of the Jets putting on a clinic for two weeks in a row to end the season is reason to rip off the Band-Aid the day after the Bills game.

The optics are awful, and I understand that courting a new head coach becomes harder when fire two coaches in two years. I understand that paying three head coaches and two general managers is not good business acumen. I don't care and neither should Chris Johnson. You can only delay the inevitable. Gase is not Super Bowl material, and he needs to go sooner rather than later. His ceiling is 10-6 with a wild card birth, and unfortunately, he already hit his ceiling with his previous team. 

I would like nothing more than to be dead wrong and look back at this post with a sh*t eating grin. The reality of the situation is that we are going to improve next year, but not make the strides that give you any hope that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. At the end of the rainbow is my clenched fist and bite marks on my first knuckle. 

"You could have said this in the (insert thread.)" "Did we really need a new thread about this?" No, I guess we didn't. Now what?

• Upvote 2

Love the members here that DEMAND THAT YOU AGREE WITH THEIR OPINION, OR ELSE. It makes one feel so comfortable to post their thoughts here knowing they will be ridiculed, or for whatever reason, be criticized for starting a new thread. LOL new thread criticisms - get a life.

Anyway nice post Nuu. Would not be upset if they got rid of Gase in 2 weeks, but am not expecting it. Remember, this organization gave Bowles and MacCagnan 2 year extensions coming off of 2 consecutive 5-11 seasons. You never know what they will or will not do.

PS I hate the Pats

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Can we compromise and say that ownership is awful and Gase doesn't make the situation better? 

i'm not sure you can say the ownership is awful.  they've put together a first class facility and aren't shy about giving players decent money.  it's kind of circular because they can't get the top free agents, because they all want to go to winners, and end up having to spend more on lower tier guys.  and then mac did such a bad job in the draft that the team is bereft of talent.  you can fault the ownership for the choices they made to manage the team starting with bradway.  but remember too that bradway was pretty well respected throughout the league, mainly for his scouting acumen.   from what i can tell gase/douglas are breaking the previous mold and everyone should be encouraged that douglas has a 6 year contract while gase's is 3 years.  gase will have to earn his extensions and i don't think douglas is going to be his butt boy.

the bottom line is it took the johnson some time to get a decent front office and now they seem to have one.  let's see what the team does with it.