***OFFICIAL JETS V STEELERS GAME THREAD EVERYBODY FEEL THE HEAT BABY YEAH****

T0mShane

Just now, GreenFish said:

Haha. Here I was like, damnit Gase. I didn't like the play calling on that drive. Darnold seem like he was about to get into a groove. 

But you're right, get 3 points there if you can. The Steelers offense hasn't shown much with Duck in the game. 

If Rudolph was in the game is still up in the air, but the probabilities completely shift with Hodges back in there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is actually the one thing that the Jets have been the best and most consistent at in the league for the last 15 or so years.

Normally I prefer the win in this situation but we've been playing with our JV team all year..  half the team won't be here next year when the varsity comes back and draft/FA happen.  At this point it behooves us to draft as low as possible to secure the best OL possible.

this win isn't going to do anything for Darnolds psyche next year.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Can I get your ruling on Enunwa?

Can't miss something you haven't ever really had? Enunwa has been injured for most of the past two seasons. Sammy needs receivers that are reliable. That's certainly not Enunwa and it's at least half as evident in the case of Herndon. I'm done with Enunwa. I hope the Jets move on. I want Herndon to get another shot next season.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Your post was directed right at me, and now, “not you per say.”  Put up, or, literally, shut up.

As to your last point, I suggest you reread the thread if you genuinely believe that.

I've seen you make fair and honestly very compelling arguments on more than just this thread, and generally agree with you most of the time...

But I've been on the thread since page 1 and other than general back and forth debate, I've seen absolutely nothing that's as bad as you make it out to be. You're on an internet forum, thriving in a debate setting, and if you want to throw your hands up when people bash your opinion, that's on you. Just because a few do, doesnt mean everyone here is thinking like that lol. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

really is amazing these late season wins that knock us out of being able to draft guys that could have the most immediate impact.

the is the Meh Bowl and we're winning..  who gives a f..  I actually did dishes during most of the 3rd 1/4.

Doesn’t matter. Every draft has high impact players drafted late and mid first. Just need a good GM to find them. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

really is amazing these late season wins that knock us out of being able to draft guys that could have the most immediate impact.

the is the Meh Bowl and we're winning..  who gives a f..  I actually did dishes during most of the 3rd 1/4.

It doesn’t matter. We’d be picking the second O lineman off the board even if we lost.

• Upvote 1

Credit where credit is due. Darnold took the team down the field when it mattered for 3 and Gase played the math 100% correctly in crunch-time. Steelers have been a bane on the Jets forever and the team has an opportunity to finish the year 5-2. Darnold's numbers will not be good on the day and no doubt Hodges was the primary determining factor in this game, but this absolutely is a huge win for the Jets.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Haha. Here I was like, damnit Gase. I didn't like the play calling on that drive. Darnold seem like he was about to get into a groove. 

But you're right, get 3 points there if you can. The Steelers offense hasn't shown much with Duck in the game. 

Nooo.. Pitts best chance of scoring is a Darnold int. Hodges sucks, perfect call by Gase there playing for the FG

• Upvote 2