***OFFICIAL JETS V STEELERS GAME THREAD EVERYBODY FEEL THE HEAT BABY YEAH****

T0mShane

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Credit where credit is due. Darnold took the team down the field when it mattered for 3 and Gase played the math 100% correctly in crunch-time. Steelers have been a bane on the Jets forever and the team has an opportunity to finish the year 5-2. Darnold's numbers will not be good on the day and no doubt Hodges was the absolute determining factor in this game, but this absolutely is a huge win for the Jets.

Jets have also been decimated by injuries this year so I still think it’s a well earned victory.  Sam did what he had to do.  Did he make some poor throws? Yes but against this passing defense overall he did good.  We need to get this kid more protection. That’s Douglas main job.  Robby and Crowder have been great but we need Herndon and Griffin healthy.  We still need another big weapon

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I've seen you make fair and honestly very compelling arguments on more than just this thread, and generally agree with you most of the time...

But I've been on the thread since page 1 and other than general back and forth debate, I've seen absolutely nothing that's as bad as you make it out to be. You're on an internet forum, thriving in a debate setting, and if you want to throw your hands up when people bash your opinion, that's on you. Just because a few do, doesnt mean everyone here is thinking like that lol. 

Tell you what, find the personal attacks in this thread, then let’s revisit.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Normally I prefer the win in this situation but we've been playing with our JV team all year..  half the team won't be here next year when the varsity comes back and draft/FA happen.  At this point it behooves us to draft as low as possible to secure the best OL possible.

this win isn't going to do anything for Darnolds psyche next year.

I prefer the win. I'm not sure what I think about Gase but the team possibly finishing 5-2 is pretty cool and most importantly we're not selecting a QB in the first, so that mitigates the thought of not having a top draft pick. More than anything I ******* hate the Steelers and I'm happy we played a part in ending their year.

That said if 5 years down the line we just missed out on a top WR because of this game then yeah, that'll suck.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I prefer the win. I'm not sure what I think about Gase but the team possibly finishing 5-2 is pretty cool and most importantly we're not selecting a QB in the first, so that mitigates the thought of not having a top draft pick. More than anything I ******* hate the Steelers and I'm happy we played a part in ending their year.

That said if 5 years down the line we just missed out on a top WR because of this game then yeah, that'll suck.

More likely we miss out on a top reviewer because we picked a safety or fat D lineman instead. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This.  You gotta feel good about ending a teams season.  Regardless of what I think was another “not enough” (even if it was enough to defeat Hodges here) performance by Darnold, you gotta like sending the Steelers home.  Shame we can’t do it back to back weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1