***OFFICIAL JETS V STEELERS GAME THREAD EVERYBODY FEEL THE HEAT BABY YEAH****

T0mShane

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Credit where credit is due. Darnold took the team down the field when it mattered for 3 and Gase played the math 100% correctly in crunch-time. Steelers have been a bane on the Jets forever and the team has an opportunity to finish the year 5-2. Darnold's numbers will not be good on the day and no doubt Hodges was the primary determining factor in this game, but this absolutely is a huge win for the Jets.

good for teh depth guys who have been playing their arses off trytna get/be better.

Sam did jusssssssst enough. And i'll take that, as he will too.

I'll take gritty wins every time, but i prefer ones in which i can come away and say the the whole team played really well.

But , "learning to win"? is good.

Buffalo doesnt really have anything to play for...   they clinched...

On a side note... mason Rudolphs playing style isnt sustainable.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Just heard.  Don’t know.  Still, we’re not taking a QB, so if Douglas is capable, I’m not terribly concerned.

Haha, yeah I mean normally I'm 100% rooting for a loss here to preserve draft slot. This game I was on the fence, ideally I was hoping we'd win because of Darnold. Really wish Gase let him sling it on that 3rd down play at the end.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Just heard.  Don’t know.  Still, we’re not taking a QB, so if Douglas is capable, I’m not terribly concerned.

Actually seems like trading down from the early teens is more common than the top 5ish too.

This may not be the case, but it seems that way.  

We just beat the damned Steelers!!! With all of their moronic, spoiled fans waving their terrible towels in our house.

Sure we lost draft position but I don’t care. I like that this rag tag bunch of misfits is getting us to our best record in the last 3-4 years.

I’m in. And I’m happy!

Let’s beat the friggin Bills next week too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

We just beat the damned Steelers!!! With all of their moronic, spoiled fans waving their terrible towels in our house.

Sure we lost draft position but I don’t care. I like that this rag tag bunch of misfits is getting us to our best record in the last 3-4 years.

I’m in. And I’m happy!

Ho ho ho 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It doesn’t matter. We’d be picking the second O lineman off the board even if we lost.

And the other thing is, you really don't know how the board is going to fall. Even if the Jets end up picking outside of the top ten and end up with the 4th OT off the board, they should still get a great prospect. Right now A.Thomas is the clear #1, Wirfs is considered #2 but some believe he may fall b/c he plays RT (despite the fact that most say he can transition to LT in the NFL). Wills has been getting a lot of buzz as well and is right there with Wirfs behind A.Thomas as the #2/#3 OT prospect. Then there is Jackson and Leatherwood. So including A.Thomas, there are 5 blue chip OT prospect in this draft who can all potentially be plug and play type OTs at the next level. And those are just the top guys that come to mind. I'm sure there will be others to make a name for themselves as the draft approaches.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’m in. And I’m happy!

Too bad that Buffalo has nothing to play for. They probably sit most of their starters next week.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Haha, yeah I mean normally I'm 100% rooting for a loss here to preserve draft slot. This game I was on the fence, ideally I was hoping we'd win because of Darnold. Really wish Gase let him sling it on that 3rd down play at the end.

Gase did what was best for his job... can’t blame him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

They played hard when they had nothing but pride to play for.   I could see you being critical celebrating an individual play in a loss but they won.   They are happy so let them celebrate!

Some people just suck the life and joy out of everything!

Some people are just miserable 

• Upvote 2