Jump to content

***OFFICIAL JETS V STEELERS GAME THREAD EVERYBODY FEEL THE HEAT BABY YEAH****


T0mShane
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

They played hard when they had nothing but pride to play for.   I could see you being critical celebrating an individual play in a loss but they won.   They are happy so let them celebrate!

Some people just suck the life and joy out of everything!

Pride and million dollar salaries

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Just putting this out there now because I was just thinking it--- the most improved unit on this team since week 1 is the Offensive Line. I think Harrison has done an outstanding job at Center.

He’s awful at blocking but he’s smart and makes adjustments that help Darnold.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think it’s extremely hard to really evaluate Sam until he gets more support.  I think one thing we can really agree on is that they need to start building around Sam like the Bills  and Ravens did with their young Quarterbacks.  Steelers have a tough pass defense and despite some bad throws Sam did enough for us to win. His throw to Robby was a thing of beauty I think we can agree on that 

When you spend 4 high picks for a guy, you expect him to cover up some of the other deficiencies.  Yes, the team needs to improve, but so does he - meaningfully.

Steelers are good, but you need to see more from Darnold than being largely ineffective for the majority of the game.  Yes, great throw to Anderson, but it’s a throw all quality NFL QBs make.  Not taking anything from him for making it, but unfortunately, this is where the bar is.  That’s a problem.  Making one very good NFL throw in a game that included a bunch of mistakes and largely being ineffective, is seen as anything but still troubling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

They played hard when they had nothing but pride to play for.   I could see you being critical celebrating an individual play in a loss but they won.   They are happy so let them celebrate!

Some people just suck the life and joy out of everything!

Celebrate another losing season? No thanks. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TeddEY said:

When you spend 4 high picks for a guy, you expect him to cover up some of the other deficiencies.  Yes, the team needs to improve, but so does he - meaningfully.

Steelers are good, but you need to see more from Darnold than being largely ineffective for the majority of the game.  Yes, great throw to Anderson, but it’s a throw all quality NFL QBs make.  Not taking anything from him for making it, but unfortunately, this is where the bar is.  That’s a problem.  Making one very good NFL throw in a game that included a bunch of mistakes and largely being ineffective, is seen as anything but still troubling.

Respectfully agree to disagree.  I do agree that Sam needs to improve but I don’t think he was ineffective most of the time.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Be good for a whole season? Make the playoffs. Win more games than they lose? Any of those be good.  

You act like we are jumping up and down for hot.  Nobody is happy about the season. Doesn’t mean you can’t be happy about a win especially against a better team 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jets723 said:

You act like we are jumping up and down for hot.  Nobody is happy about the season. Doesn’t mean you can’t be happy about a win especially against a better team 

Then you’re missing the forest for the trees and I can’t help you. This win means nothing except worse draft pick position. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Last week when Josh Allen Mark Sanchez'd his way to a win over this same Steelers team (Minus JuJu) people were all over his nutsack.  Sam has an "okay" game with *checks notes* Vyncent Smith at WR2, an offensive line that would have most QBs on IR, and it's doom and gloom after a win.

Cool.

Look I give Allen a lot of credit.  He has taken a big step forward.  However unlike Sam he has a lot more help which is what you are suppose to do for a young QB. We need to do that for Sam now 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Respectfully agree to disagree.  I do agree that Sam needs to improve but I don’t think he was ineffective most of the time.  

He got the job done.  He has zero help and he doesn't accelerate the fall of the team around him.  That's a good sign.  Sanchez and Geno would constantly compound their mistake to go with the bad talent around them.  Steve Young always says that what you want to see out of a young QB in a bad situation is that they don't do exactly that. 

Get the kid some help and take it from there.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

When you spend 4 high picks for a guy, you expect him to cover up some of the other deficiencies.  Yes, the team needs to improve, but so does he - meaningfully.

Steelers are good, but you need to see more from Darnold than being largely ineffective for the majority of the game.  Yes, great throw to Anderson, but it’s a throw all quality NFL QBs make.  Not taking anything from him for making it, but unfortunately, this is where the bar is.  That’s a problem.  Making one very good NFL throw in a game that included a bunch of mistakes and largely being ineffective, is seen as anything but still troubling.

He does... remember Luke Falk/Simien on this team?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Last week when Josh Allen Mark Sanchez'd his way to a win over this same Steelers team (Minus JuJu) people were all over his nutsack.  Sam has an "okay" game with *checks notes* Vyncent Smith at WR2, an offensive line that would have most QBs on IR, and it's doom and gloom after a win.

Cool.

That doesn't fit their narrative, obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I give Allen a lot of credit.  He has taken a big step forward.  However unlike Sam he has a lot more help which is what you are suppose to do for a young QB. We need to do that for Sam now 

Same.  Allen has completely and utterly destroyed what I expected him to be at the next level.  I was rooting for him like he was our own young QB last night.  That being said, he has a playoff caliber team around him. Sam does not, to say the very least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

When you spend 4 high picks for a guy, you expect him to cover up some of the other deficiencies.  Yes, the team needs to improve, but so does he - meaningfully.

Steelers are good, but you need to see more from Darnold than being largely ineffective for the majority of the game.  Yes, great throw to Anderson, but it’s a throw all quality NFL QBs make.  Not taking anything from him for making it, but unfortunately, this is where the bar is.  That’s a problem.  Making one very good NFL throw in a game that included a bunch of mistakes and largely being ineffective, is seen as anything but still troubling.

Fair post but his WR gotta make some plays too...at least 3 early drops that stalled us early on and again it feels like the running game isn’t helping a great deal. But the point about a guy we have up 4 picks to get needing to elevate those around him is well made.

OL is doing a much better job with back-ups and reserves 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Would you be happy for getting an A in gym class while being held back in 10th grade for the 4th straight year?

You make zero sense. Your team won today against a pretty good team thats trying to get to the playoffs. They are 5-2 in the last seven. They controlled the game for the most part. 

You must be a middle aged single guy right? Learn to be more positive

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

Same.  Allen has completely and utterly destroyed what I expected him to be at the next level.  I was rooting for him like he was our own young QB last night.  That being said, he has a playoff caliber team around him. Sam does not, to say the very least.

Agree.  I’m taking nothing away from Allen but it certainly makes it much easier with a lot of help. Lamar Jackson has been terrific but it also help that the Ravens don’t have a weakness.  Other than Robby and Crowder Sam really has no other big help.  Griffin was a nice find before he got hurt. Bell has been misused and is a step slower.  The Oline is horrendous. Big difference 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HighPitch said:

You make zero sense. Your team won today against a pretty good team thats trying to get to the playoffs. They are 5-2 in the last seven. They controlled the game for the most part. 

You must be a middle aged single guy right? Learn to be more positive

I make a lot of sense. I’m sorry you’re not understanding it because I can’t make it any simpler for you. The Jets are bad. They played a team today with no QB and lost their starting RB and C in the game. They would have lost if Hodges didn’t have to come back in. I don’t believe the Jets are going in the right direction with this coach or this style of offense. It was putrid again today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’d rather be happy for a whole season. Tired of moral victories because this franchise is so horrid. 

Once again nobody is jumping up and down with joy.  But we are fans....fans are generally happy when your team wins playoffs or not 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I make a lot of sense. I’m sorry you’re not understanding it because I can’t make it any simpler for you. The Jets are bad. They played a team today with no QB and lost their starting RB and C in the game. They would have lost if Hodges didn’t have to come back in. I don’t believe the Jets are going in the right direction with this coach or this style of offense. It was putrid again today. 

You are nuts. The jets are playing their hearts out. Nothing will make you happy. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...