***OFFICIAL JETS V STEELERS GAME THREAD EVERYBODY FEEL THE HEAT BABY YEAH****

T0mShane

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I make a lot of sense. I’m sorry you’re not understanding it because I can’t make it any simpler for you. The Jets are bad. They played a team today with no QB and lost their starting RB and C in the game. They would have lost if Hodges didn’t have to come back in. I don’t believe the Jets are going in the right direction with this coach or this style of offense. It was putrid again today. 

Last week I was told that we had no shot against this team because of how well coached they are and how well their defense is playing, when they took the playoff Bills down to the wire.  Shoot, I actually believed it.  Especially since they got JuJu back today.

Now they suck because they had to deal with boo-boos, as if we we're the prime example of health.

Got it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Then you’re missing the forest for the trees and I can’t help you. This win means nothing except worse draft pick position. 

Yeah, because those high draft picks have paid off for the Jets in the last.... you tell me. You seem to have this all figured out. How far you wanna go back? Keyshawn? Blair Thomas? LMAO

**** the ******* Steelers. I'm glad the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs. 

• Post of the Week 1

Too bad that Buffalo has nothing to play for. They probably sit most of their starters next week.

Is that right? Did they clinch the playoffs already? I didn’t look into it they due to some major traveling this week.

I’m over here thinking we can knock them out of the playoffs. No?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I make a lot of sense. I’m sorry you’re not understanding it because I can’t make it any simpler for you. The Jets are bad. They played a team today with no QB and lost their starting RB and C in the game. They would have lost if Hodges didn’t have to come back in. I don’t believe the Jets are going in the right direction with this coach or this style of offense. It was putrid again today. 

If we didn’t start our 3rd string QB for 3 games we might’ve won like 8 games this season. But that doesn’t change the outcome just like all your negativity doesn’t change today’s outcome.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Not disagreeing, but if you can’t get happy after your team manages to win a game, maybe you should do something else with your Sundays

I’ve been watching this franchise long enough to know how bad it is, but the moment I stop appreciating winning a game is the moment I no longer watch 

Exactly.  The moment I root for time to lose or be upset we won then I will officially realize that I’m not a fan.  I’ve been a Jet Met and Knicks fan. Plenty of misery but not once was I upset my team won 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Gase did what was best for his job... can’t blame him.

100%. Everytime the Jets started drives in thier own end from 3rd quarter on I was thinking Darnold is going to throw the game away at some point. Kudos to him that he didn't

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Is that right? Did they clinch the playoffs already? I didn’t look into it they due to some major traveling this week.

I’m over here thinking we can knock them out of the playoffs. No?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nah, they're locked into the 5 seed. Can't do anything to change their position next week.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  The moment I root for time to lose or be upset we won then I will officially realize that I’m not a fan.  I’ve been a Jet Met and Knicks fan. Plenty of misery but not once was I upset my team won 

I spent one game rooting for the other team.

2017 Jets Bills season opener.  I was f*cking miserable.  I will never do it again.

Just now, Mogglez said:

2017 Jets Bills season opener.  I was f*cking miserable.  I will never do it again.

Absolutely.  Working 50-60 hours a week the last thing you want to do is sit on the couch and root against your team lol

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Crazy carl your like a guy that gets diagnosed with cancer. The doctor weeks later says “good news it hasnt spread,” you respond: “who cares about progress Im sick of having it to begin with”

dude the big point youre missing is good news is good news and were gettimg better, not worse

Even the cynical fans think he is being ridiculous ? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

both games were about the same

That was the point I was making. 

Sam got the job done (better than Allen did, if we're being honest)?  B*tch and complain.

Allen got the job done?  He's an "elite" young QB that we should have drafted.

One has a playoff roster, the other does not.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Respectfully agree to disagree.  I do agree that Sam needs to improve but I don’t think he was ineffective most of the time.  

I mean, I don’t see where there’s room too disagree on that.  For the most part, after the 1st drive, the offense was unsuccessful.  Opinions are more for why that is, no?

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, I don’t see where there’s room too disagree on that.  For the most part, after the 1st drive, the offense was unsuccessful.  Opinions are more for why that is, no?

Of course but I don’t think it’s all on Sam that’s my only point.  

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Of course but I don’t think it’s all on Sam that’s my only point.  

It’s not ALL on Sam.  No one thinks this.  In fact, I’d venture to say those most critical of Sam are the most critical of the roster.  But Sam is the guy you used 1 1st and 3 2s on.  He has to be better.  He’s supposed to be the centerpiece of the solution.  He doesn’t have to be a superstar with this roster, but there’s a mile-wide gulf in between what we’re seeing now, and superstar.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

It’s not ALL on Sam.  No one thinks this.  In fact, I’d venture to say those most critical of Sam are the most critical of the roster.  But Sam is the guy you used 1 1st and 3 2s on.  He has to be better.  He’s supposed to be the centerpiece of the solution.  He doesn’t have to be a superstar with this roster, but there’s a mile-wide gulf in between what we’re seeing now, and superstar.

Like I said I do agree he needs to be better but I’m impressed what I’ve seen considering he really only has 2 reliable weapons and a bad oline.  That would be a tough task for any QB.  

• Upvote 1

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell (26) poses for a photo with a fan dressed up as The Grinch after the Jets beat Bell's former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019 at MetLife Stadium. The Jets won, 16-10.
24 / 29
Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media
New York Jets defeat Pittsburgh Steelers, 16-10
New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell (26) poses for a photo with a fan dressed up as The Grinch after the Jets beat Bell's former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019 at MetLife Stadium. The Jets won, 16-10.

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell (26) shoots a selfie with fans after he and his teammates beat his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019 at MetLife Stadium. The Jets won, 16-10.
29 / 29
Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media
New York Jets defeat Pittsburgh Steelers, 16-10
New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell (26) shoots a selfie with fans after he and his teammates beat his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019 at MetLife Stadium. The Jets won, 16-10.
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Curious, but why would you root for the Jets to lose a season opener?

I understand the people that want us to lose out because I'm one of them. Todays win felt nice because I hate the Steelers but in the grand scheme of things it has the "possibility" of hurting our team going forward. Not only did we fall down in the draft order in round 1 but every subsequent round. 

If you look at draft picks like currency, which I do since that is the most reasonable comparison, we started off with 20 bucks today and ended up with $15.  Every single draft slot has a value and after todays meaningless win we will have less value come draft time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RobR said:

I understand the people that want us to lose out because I'm one of them. Todays win felt nice because I hate the Steelers but in the grand scheme of things it has the "possibility" of hurting our team going forward. Not only did we fall down in the draft order in round 1 but every subsequent round. 

If you look at draft picks like currency, which I do since that is the most reasonable comparison, we started off with 20 bucks today and ended up with $15.  Every single draft slot has a value and after todays meaningless win we will have less value come draft time. 

The players aren’t gonna lay down.  So I’ve never seen the point of rooting for them to lose.  You can get a real good player in the 10-15 range.  In fact many teams have excelled getting a player in that range 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Simple.  I wanted a QB.  It was stupid, in hindsight, and I regret it. 

Just now, Jets723 said:

The players aren’t gonna lay down.  So I’ve never seen the point of rooting for them to lose.  You can get a real good player in the 10-15 range.  In fact many teams have excelled getting a player in that range 

I realize that no matter what we might want, has nothing to do with the outcome of a game. I'm only pointing out that after todays win we have less capital to play with. You know the capital that could help turn this team into a real contender.

I'm sick of meaningless wins and today was another one. We're not battling for the division, we're not battling for home field advantage or playoff seeding. The only thing that happened today will be us watching players fall off the board come April or have less ammo to move around come draft day.....either up or down.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

I realize that no matter what we might want, has nothing to do with the outcome of a game. I'm only pointing out that after todays win we have less capital to play with. You know the capital that could help turn this team into a real contender.

I'm sick of meaningless wins and today was another one. We're not battling for the division, we're not battling for home field advantage or playoff seeding. The only thing that happened today will be us watching players fall off the board come April or have less ammo to move around come draft day.....either up or down.

But again you can get a real good player where will be at.  You just need to draft smarter than we have in the past 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Simple.  I wanted a QB.  It was stupid, in hindsight, and I regret it. 

Fair enough and I get it. Too me it's always about hoisting the Lombardi, so I'm more of a big picture type of guy but even I couldn't root for a loss in a season opener.

I root for losses when the playoffs are out of reach because I don't believe for one bit that wins like this carry over to the next season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I think it’s extremely hard to really evaluate Sam until he gets more support.  I think one thing we can really agree on is that they need to start building around Sam like the Bills  and Ravens did with their young Quarterbacks.  Steelers have a tough pass defense and despite some bad throws Sam did enough for us to win. His throw to Robby was a thing of beauty I think we can agree on that 

Completely agree. Why is this so hard for some people to see? I honestly don't think Brady or Rodgers in their prime could be successful behind this trash Oline and limited weapons that Darnold has had to deal with this year. It seems like there is somebody in the backfield within 2 seconds on nearly every snap. I would like to see what he can do behind just an average Oline rather than this dumpster fire. Thats not to say Darnold hasn't had some bad throws and decisions but wow trying to run this trash offense has got to take it's toll especially for a 22 yo.