***OFFICIAL JETS V STEELERS GAME THREAD EVERYBODY FEEL THE HEAT BABY YEAH****

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He did what he needed to do to win today.  He knew his defense was holding up - and took no chances -

When he needed the late drive to make it a TD game he came up with it.  He was clearly playing much more conservatively in the second half.

It’s funny with this fan base...other teams win - “they did what they did to win the game, played smart”. Darnold plays smart, positional football - we hear he needs to do more.

Give the kid credit for playing a smart game in the second half.  

5-2 in the second half of the seasons - coming off Mono...

Please people!  Your SOJF itis is ridiculous at this point.

Agreed.  I do feel some are too critical.  Nobody is saying Sam is a finished product.  We all know he needs to cut down on the bad picks.  However the kid is playing knowing that his oline stinks and he only has 2 reliable receivers.  It’s gotta be tough for him also trying to leRn at the same time 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  I do feel some are too critical.  Nobody is saying Sam is a finished product.  We all know he needs to cut down on the bad picks.  However the kid is playing knowing that his oline stinks and he only has 2 reliable receivers.  It’s gotta be tough for him also trying to leRn at the same time 

Agreed.  He’s a work in progress.  But he’s absolutely shown me enough with his skill-set - meaning accuracy, ball trajectory and the way he goes through is professions...if you get him weapons and give him time - he’s a top 10 QB in this league and a QB capable of winning a SB.

With that said...He’s throwing off his back foot more than he used to - but who can blame him as his pocket collapses very quickly.  I just hope it’s not permanent.

Weapons are a mess, o-line is pathetic - he’s settled into understanding that and seems to be accepting it.  Those throwing the ball up days - and trying to make things happen that don’t exist aren’t really there - well, not as much.  Hence the less yards and points but more wins...

That’s smart football....

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He’s supposed to be the centerpiece of the solution.  He doesn’t have to be a superstar with this roster, but there’s a mile-wide gulf in between what we’re seeing now, and superstar.

this. jet fans who love this team think this. grren14, warfif, me, crusher..et al

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

this. jet fans who love this team think this. grren14, warfif, me, crusher..et al

I mean I don’t think that’s fair.  We all love this team.  I think we agree WB is the important position but can’t expect him to do it completely on his own.  Lamar as great as he had been had a very good team around him 

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We pick at #11 as it stands right now 

And there will absolutely be a good OL or WR there.  There are at least 3 of each that are consistently projected top-15.  You know 2 QBs and Young are going earlier.  

I'll admit it.  In 2018, I wanted them to lose games towards the end because I wanted the best QB possible (little suspecting that pick 32 might have been good enough LOL).  Now that that's settled, I want the wins and I will have faith that good players are available all over the 1st round for smart GMs.  So rather than hoping for losses, it makes more sense to me to hope Joe Douglas isn't a dumbass like the last 2...3...15 GMs we've had.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

And there will absolutely be a good OL or WR there.  There are at least 3 of each that are consistently projected top-15.  You know 2 QBs and Young are going earlier.  

I'll admit it.  In 2018, I wanted them to lose games towards the end because I wanted the best QB possible (little suspecting that pick 32 might have been good enough LOL).  Now that that's settled, I want the wins and I will have faith that good players are available all over the 1st round for smart GMs.  So rather than hoping for losses, it makes more sense to me to hope Joe Douglas isn't a dumbass like the last 2...3...15 GMs we've had.

Yeah, and if there are several OT there i can see Douglas wanting to trade back a bit if the option is there.  

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Agreed

If we end up picking in that #10-15 range and the Top 3 OT’s are gone, guys like Biadasz and Tee Higgins would be at the top of my list.

Jets can still get a damn good prospect along the OL or at wideout picking outside the Top 10.

Biadasz is the best center prospect in recent memory IMO. I like him more than I liked Bradbury when he came out last year and Minnesota took him at #18.

Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if a guy like Jerry Jeudy falls a bit and we have a shot at him.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.  He’s a work in progress.  But he’s absolutely shown me enough with his skill-set - meaning accuracy, ball trajectory and the way he goes through is professions...if you get him weapons and give him time - he’s a top 10 QB in this league and a QB capable of winning a SB.

With that said...He’s throwing off his back foot more than he used to - but who can blame him as his pocket collapses very quickly.  I just hope it’s not permanent.

Weapons are a mess, o-line is pathetic - he’s settled into understanding that and seems to be accepting it.  Those throwing the ball up days - and trying to make things happen that don’t exist aren’t really there - well, not as much.  Hence the less yards and points but more wins...

That’s smart football....

And because Darnold is doing this in his second year is why I think that he is better than Winston who in year 5 is still just throwing up the ball for grabs and accumulating big yards but still losing games..........................

People don't realize that Sam is still improving despite the horror show around him and that is a great thing!!!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And because Darnold is doing this in his second year is why I think that he is better than Winston who in year 5 is still just throwing up the ball for grabs and accumulating big yards but still losing games..........................

People don't realize that Sam is still improving despite the horror show around him and that is a great thing!!!

Absolutely.  Think about all that’s happened this year.  Get gets mono which cost him 3 games and probably took a few more games to feel better.  There had been injuries left and right.  The offensive line is a horror show.  Yes he still has made mistakes but he has also shown really good things.  Once this kid gets better support we all will be happy including the cynical fans lol

• Upvote 1

I’ll take it. Happy camper. Sure we wouldn’t have won if Big Ben was playing. But the Jets lead the league in injuries. And where would we be if we had Mosley. And Sam didn’t play in 3 games. Look we saw today and previous weeks long lapses in offense and 3 and outs. The running game wasn’t working. A number of series with no completions. I’ll even go for questionable play calling. What Gase called today didn’t work and only 16 points thanks to a good game by Ficken. Just one more comment. Berrios has good speed better than I thought until he made plays as a receiver. I’d like to see fewer fair catches from him and more returns. He’s not bad and has the ability to break one. But overall the Jets consistently start drives in poor field position. I hope we knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs. And next week a pay back to Buffalo for 2016. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nico002 said:

If your standard for a player sucking is one bad play then there’s never been a great player in nfl history in your book. 

I would hope that you have better sense than that. Great players make mistakes, they can't be great on every play but they show up when it counts. Gregg Williams didnt help him much with that terrible play call but that's no excuse to let a WR get pass him for a TD catch with 4 seconds on the clock.