For All You Complainers...

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

How have teams like the Patriots, Baltimore, Eagles, Chiefs, Saints, Texans, etc. stayed so good despite drafting at the end of the round for years in a row.

It doesn't matter where you pick.  It's about WHO does the picking and WHO they take!

Where we pick just doesn't matter.

It just doesn't matter.

Look at the draft picks the Jets have made the past 10 years...that's all you need to look at...

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yeah we beat a beat up Steelers team. I can’t get up for any of these results. The season was over 16 weeks ago.

Are you really a Jet fan? We beat 3 of the 4 teams I despise on this league, the Fins, Cowboys & Steelers. 

Cowboys & Steelers fans are both like....wait..wut..we lost to the Jets.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

If Sam didn't get mono, this team is 8-7.  

9 and 6 and next week is for a playoff spot.

Let’s remember it takes a couple of weeks for a young QB like that to settle in - coming in cold when the rest of the league is playing at peak performance.  

This is with no online and his two of his top 3 weapons out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

9 and 6 and next week is for a playoff spot.

Let’s remember it takes a couple of weeks for a young QB like that to settle in - coming in cold when the rest of the league is playing at peak performance.  

This is with no online and his two of his top 3 weapons out.  

I agree.

I am seeing some things from all angles with this QB and this team that I really like.

Are they a 10-11-12 win team yet?  No.  But, if Sam didn't go down, they would have put together a very watchable year of football and that's all I can ask (after 30 years of this disgrace of a franchise).

Just give me watchable football.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

nope.

that's my point.

we can't draft.

we've never drafted.

**** draft picks.

draft picks in the NYJ org are like throwing money in the toilet...complete and utter waste.

See: everyone.

In case you didn't get the memo Idzik and Macc aren't in charge anymore. I think Douglas is actually a competent GM. 

If we can upgrade this OL like Buffalo did this past off season, not only to protect Sam, but create a consistent running game, this offense can really be something. 

Add a corner and pass rush and Gregg W. can wreak havoc.

I’ve been very encouraged by how the team and Sam haven’t folded when things got bleak this year. One thing we all see is after opening drive the offense has struggled. This is for multiple reasons. Gase has trouble adjusting on the fly unfortunately. We don’t have a consistent run game.  Sam is still young/learning the offense.

That opening drive is scripted. Another year in this system and hopefully Sam is as locked into the offense throughout the entire game as the scripted openers. It’s not a criticism on Sam as much as its understandable.

I see plays, big plays left on the field each game, either from OL not giving enough time, or Sam not seeing the wr’s break quick enough. Gase clearly has a stubborn streak and would rather his QB catch up/learn than tweak/simplify for the time being.

Here’s to Buffalo then...2020! Cheers!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I agree.

I am seeing some things from all angles with this QB and this team that I really like.

Are they a 10-11-12 win team yet?  No.  But, if Sam didn't go down, they would have put together a very watchable year of football and that's all I can ask (after 30 years of this disgrace of a franchise).

Just give me watchable football.

Baby steps - I agree.

I’ll take meaningful games in week 14...

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup.  The Cowboys may have looked past the Jets.  The Steelers did not.  They had everything to play for today and were facing a Jets team that was that has been 5-2 in it's last 7 games.

Solid win.

Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 2.23.05 PM.png

No way they looked past the Jets. They just got beat. That had lose 2 in a row prior to that game and were on the road. 

• Upvote 1