So did Gase suddenly FIND the locker room after losing it?

jetstream23

Injury wise it was a very difficult year for the New York Jets coaching wise I’m not ready to fire Gase yet I’m no I’m not in majority but our offense of line is atrocious we have cornerbacks playing from the scrapheap that I never even heard of before and I honestly don’t think we have a number one receiver. Add in the fact that our starting quarterback missed four games due to illness. No way the Jets were going to win the Super Bowl this year but I think if Sam had started all 16 games perhaps were talking about a different season and playing for a wild-card spot next week yes there are a lot of things to improve on but without talent you just can’t win the biggest thing that Sam Darnold needs his time to throw the ball

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I see lots of people in the gameday thread conveniently hammering different people on the Jets depending on the situation.  The same people criticizing Gase end up saying how bad Sam Darnold was playing...so which is it?  Did Gase win a game over Mike Tomlin and a playoff caliber team IN SPITE of Sam Darnold?  Did he suddenly motivate all these guys to step up today and make solid opportunistic plays when we needed them.  Did he buy Sam Ficken some glasses?  Or, did Sam Darnold bail out Adam Gase against a Top 5 defense?  Can't have it both ways.

I obviously think that the notion Gase had somehow "lost the locker room" was complete bullsh:t.  The dude is dragging a Bottom 5 NFL roster to a 5-2 record over the past 7 games.  There were even posts in the GD thread complaining about the Bell run on 3rd down to make that FG a little closer for Ficken so the Jets could go up 16-10.  Could you imagine either going for it on 4th down or an incomplete pass on 3rd that caused Ficken to miss from further away?  The Jets would have had to protect the short and intermediate distances on Pitt's last drive so that a FG wouldn't tie the game 13-13.  It was absolutely the smart way to manage the game there.  He knew the Jets D could prevent a TD....a FG was more dicey.

I think Gase has been very, very consistent the past two months.  He knows what he has now on this team....and what he doesn't.  He's found a decent way to try to balance run/pass with an Offensive Line that can do neither particularly well.  This was the Jets best win of the season....and they finish with a winning record at Home.

Go Jets!

He never lost it. That was just unfounded stupidity put forth by a writer with an agenda.

• Upvote 2

I do also believe that the organization has to do everything within his power to keep Greg Williams as the defensive coordinator we were missing two major pieces with CJ and Avery being hurt  and we still manage to have the number two run defense in the NFL that says a lot about coaching. This defense is not too many pieces away from being a very stout defense if we could’ve had a shut down corner to go along with bless Austin and an edge rusher of just above average capability then focus on the offense of line it’ll be a much better football team next year it’s all up to Joe Douglas now

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Pac said:

That's kind of my point..  this year was a waste because the playoff roster that had been assembled was completely gutted.  Everything had lined up quite nicely only to be destroyed with a series of freak injuries, bad luck, and mono.  I mentally checked out a couple weeks ago..  I'll watch and pay attention because I have for 30+ years but I'm not finding much to be happy about. 

Macc isn't going to be drafting for us anymore. That's something to be happy about. ?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Meh. Still not a fan of him. 

Defense with no names is playing its ass off for Williams. Gase has nothing to do with that side as he sits on the bench flipping thru his call sheet while the defense is on the field. 

He doesn’t like Bell. 

He doesn’t trust Darnold and thinks he’s an idiot more often then not. 

These wins have come against a bunch of crappy teams. 

How’d I get butt fumbles for this?! Show me which statements aren’t true?! Ya can’t!

• Thumb Down 2

59 minutes ago, HessStation said:

No, he’s a cheating scumbag but also has won 6 SB’s some based off a really good Defenses however the team has been molded by his cheating, smug presence for over two decades, it’s a false equivalence.  

Bellichick's defenses in Cleveland without Brady didn't win too many games.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Meh. Still not a fan of him. 

Defense with no names is playing its ass off for Williams. Gase has nothing to do with that side as he sits on the bench flipping thru his call sheet while the defense is on the field. 

He doesn’t like Bell. 

He doesn’t trust Darnold and thinks he’s an idiot more often then not. 

These wins have come against a bunch of crappy teams. 

Aside from the fish loss, each of the teams that beat the Jets were more talented top to bottom. Often teams significantly more talented because we were playing with a 3rd string QB.

9 hours ago, Pac said:

That's kind of my point..  this year was a waste because the playoff roster that had been assembled was completely gutted.  Everything had lined up quite nicely only to be destroyed with a series of freak injuries, bad luck, and mono.  I mentally checked out a couple weeks ago..  I'll watch and pay attention because I have for 30+ years but I'm not finding much to be happy about. 

So the Steelers with an 8-6 record who played great defense all year are now a JV team because the Jets beat them ? The Steelers did this without The Rapist and that's a pretty big feat in itself and the People calling for Tomlin's head early in the year are Idiots.

I'm not particularly a big Gase Fan or a big Darnold fan but they have both proved a little bit this season and if we get this team in order and Douglas has a good offseason it should be interesting to see how this team responds in the second year of Gase and Company .  If Douglas solidifies the OL and gets a few real WR's in here things can change in a hurry and I think those should be the priorities 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pac said:

I spent yesterday with the in laws.  I like them and we get along great but they have a strange affinity for a guy who lives on Pennsylvania Ave.  I have no problem with that either but before going I had to give a vow to the lady friend that I would not give my 2 cents if the subject was broached.  At one point her father, who is an awesome guy I joke with all the time, said "well he's the best thing that's ever happen to this country"...  after almost choking on my egg nog I had to take a deep breath and say: "hmmph..  that's something.... so....  is there any egg nog left"?

It wasn't easy.

I know where you are coming from bud its hilarious how detached people can be.

43 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not particularly a big Gase Fan or a big Darnold fan but they have both proved a little bit this season and if we get this team in order and Douglas has a good offseason it should be interesting to see how this team responds in the second year of Gase and Company .  If Douglas solidifies the OL and gets a few real WR's in here things can change in a hurry and I think those should be the priorities 

yup

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So the Steelers with an 8-6 record who played great defense all year are now a JV team because the Jets beat them ? The Steelers did this without The Rapist and that's a pretty big feat in itself and the People calling for Tomlin's head early in the year are Idiots.

What has Gase proven this season? That he’s exactly the same bad head coach that he was in a Miami? That his offenses are bad and lack creativity? That he can’t figure out how to use his best players and ostracizes them instead?

35 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What has Gase proven this season? That he’s exactly the same bad head coach that he was in a Miami? That his offenses are bad and lack creativity? That he can’t figure out how to use his best players and ostracizes them instead?

Considering how the team has been positive and never gave up after a really bad stretch I don’t think it’s fair to say any of them are ostrich-sized.

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Considering how the team has been positive and never gave up after a really bad stretch I don’t think it’s fair to say any of them are ostrich-sized.

Carl is a huge Kelechi Osemele fan. Please excuse him while he works through this difficult time in the Osemele Saga

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jets must have done something right yesterday, as YOU had the Steelers winning this game because they needed it.

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

The defense is starting a bunch of no names and the only reason they won. Gase sucks

And the offense has one WR, a number two as the board screams all the time, and a slot WR.  No one at TE.  A OL that sucks as much as any OL I've seen here, one that cant pass block or open any holes for Bell.

In a game against a top D.  Against a team playing for their playoff lives.  

But hey, that doesn't help the narrative

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

When they finish under .500 again next season and the team stays relatively healthy, I wonder what the excuses will be. I can hardly wait. 

I'm sure you cant wait.  Are hoping, hope against hope that they do lose next season

Then you can do what you always do.  Find your black cloud and complain about it.  WTF would you do with a winning season here?  LOL

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I never said Jets players. Ask Miami players how they feel about him. 

Ask the 4 or so players who cried like babies over contracts, playing time etc?

Even if it were more, HCs, people, never change?  Never learn?  You've never seen HC's who've had problems with their first stop as a HC then go on to win in their 2nd stop?  No one on the Jets has a complaint with the way he teats them.  Sam loves him, sang his praises yesterday.  Thats the most important thing, could care less about what the Miami players say.  He had dog sh*t in Miami, made the playoffs with his QB down and was in contention with Osweiler last season.  

Its time to stop repeating over and over again to "ask Miami players how they feel about him". That was a year ago, somewhere else and no one in NY is making those complaints, its pointless

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Yesterday morning the Steelers were a well-coached team who overcame the loss of their starting QB and were in charge of their playoff destiny.

Today they're a JV team. ?

Oh....but they had injuries that the lowly Jets took advantage of according to Dan Fouts. Has Dan Fouts EVER done his homework regarding the teams he's doing the announcing on? 

Instead of expounding on the Steelers injuries & how fortuitous the NY Jets were because of it, a good announcing team would have had the Jets injury list, their league leading salary cap number on injured reserve just for that exact moment when instead of telling it like it is (Howard Cosell style) that idiot Fouts has stupid Steeler fans excepting the fact the somehow the NY Jets were just the healthier team yesterday & THATS WHY your Steelers lost. NFL announcers are SO BAD, and most of them so poorly prepared with pertinent information that fans give a sh*t about. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oh....but they had injuries that the lowly Jets took advantage of according to Dan Fouts. Has Dan Fouts EVER done his homework regarding the teams he's doing the announcing on? 

Instead of expounding on the Steelers injuries & how fortuitous the NY Jets were because of it, a good announcing team would have had the Jets injury list, their league leading salary cap number on injured reserve just for that exact moment when instead of telling it like it is (Howard Cosell style) that idiot Fouts has stupid Steeler fans excepting the fact the somehow the NY Jets were just the healthier team yesterday & THATS WHY your Steelers lost. NFL announcers are SO BAD, and most of them so poorly prepared with pertinent information that fans give a sh*t about. 

Injuries only matter when they occur on other teams. 

• Upvote 2

when was the last time the jets won against 3 playoff caliber teams in a single season?  maybe gase isn't the guy but he hasn't done anything yet to show that he should be launched after this season.  give him a chance and give douglas a chance to fill out the roster better.  yesterday's game wasn't a typical jets game.  they held the pittsburgh offense in check all day and they were able to put up points when it counted.  yes, darnold's fumble wasn't good but that will be addressed in the off season by getting the oline straightened out.  and maybe there's a deal out to trade bell but keeping him isn't such a bad idea either.