Thank you to all you season ticket holders ...

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's fine, but understand that your decision to stay home instead of spending $39 to see a live Jets game puts enemy fans in the stadium.

So if you have an issue with enemy fans, that's on you, not season ticket holders.  If you don't have an issue with enemy fans, disregard this post and enjoy your holiday.

SAR I

And the same to you SAR. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

So season ticket holders get to decide when they go to games, and when they don't feel like it or can't, the onus is on everyone else to pick up the slack, and if they don't, they are shamed and labeled "fake fans" by clowns like you.  This is obviously an absurd notion.   You can't possibly believe your own BS.  You are a troll extraordinaire, I'll give you that.  

How is this absurd?

The season ticket holder attending 7 games did his job.  The non-season ticket holder not going to any games isn't doing his.  Pretty simple concept.

The "onus" as you call it, isn't so much as an onus but rather the mechanism by which non-season ticket holders get tickets; unless like like Upper Deck endzones, if they want to sit in a decent seat in the Mezzanine or Lower Levels, they need tickets to open up from season ticket holders. 

3,300 season ticket holders can't go to the Steeler game.  They list their 10,000 seats on StubHub.  3,300 of the 8 million Jets fans within an hour of the stadium buys them.  Problem solved.  No enemy fans.  The problem isn't the season ticket holder who can only attend 7 games; the problem are fans who can't be bothered to show up for 1.

SAR I

1 hour ago, paulyjet said:

It's what you get pricing out the real fan.

The new ticket holders who buy just to sell are frauds.

1. No fans are "priced out" as seats are routinely available on StubHub for 50% below face value or less.

2. No MetLife season ticket holders buy tickets just to sell them as they would be better off burning half the money.  There is no profit in selling seats with the Jets rebuilding right now.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Many (most?) of the premium seats between the 30's on the lower level are owned by corporations who give them away as perks to favorite clients.  For a corporation, they are a cheaper alternative to a very expensive luxury suite.

So you can't even blame regular Jets fans for that because it's big companies like Sony and Toyota that own them and they give them away to fans of enemy teams just as much as they give them away to Jets fans.

SAR I

Agree for the most part if you say these seats are corporate owned, I have no way of knowing that and i'm not sure you don't either. 

Regardless there were way too many Steelers fans in the premium seats yesterday and throughout the entire stadium. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Someone with a set of 4 seats is spending $5,000 a year or $50,000 for the last 10 years of non-playoff football. 

If that person needs to list a game or two per year on StubHub because of family conflicts, that's life. 

There are 20 million people in the NY Metro area, of which probably 8 million are Jets fans.

8 million Jets fans.  10,000 typical open seats per game.  It's the fault of the 8 million that there are enemy fans in the stadium, not the handful of season ticket holders.  The 8 million don't have season tickets.  They can go see the Jets play Pittsburgh on a sunny December day after they've won 4 of their last 6 games.  They can support the team they claim to love so much.

SAR I

I think you are overestimating the Jets fan number. Every fan base is rooted on by in the Tri-State area. I see all team colors at the school bus stop, or wear your favorite team to work day in the stores that have that on Sundays.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There’s this cool thing called the internet where you can sell your tix.  To whoever wants them.  Who you have no clue which team they root for.  

Or you can try to sell to people you know who are Jets fans through old fashioned methods like sending an email around the office or a Facebook post, which is how I’ve purchased tickets on numerous occasions.

But the point of my post was not to take a shot at season ticket holders.  For once I actually enjoyed not having home field advantage because of how enjoyable it was to see the dejected faces of 30k visiting team fans who were expecting to see an easy, playoff-clinching win.  So for that reason, I was happy with their decision and method to sell.

15 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Or you can try to sell to people you know who are Jets fans through old fashioned methods like sending an email around the office or a Facebook post, which is how I’ve purchased tickets on numerous occasions.

But the point of my post was not to take a shot at season ticket holders.  For once I actually enjoyed not having home field advantage because of how enjoyable it was to see the dejected faces of 30k visiting team fans who were expecting to see an easy, playoff-clinching win.  So for that reason, I was happy with their decision and method to sell.

Do you think there were 30k Steelers fans there yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A message has been sent to Woody-Chris Johnson and the NY Jets ticket office. 

Why?

If 30,000 local NY Metro area Jets fans bought those same tickets for those same low prices, it wouldn't be an issue.  Write a letter to your fellow stay-home-make-excuses Jets fans, you might have real results.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Why?

If 30,000 local NY Metro area Jets fans bought those same tickets for those same low prices, it wouldn't be an issue.  Write a letter to your fellow stay-home-make-excuses Jets fans, you might have real results.

SAR I

Why? You need to ask why?  LOL 

SAR I not getting into with you, you have your opinions and I have mine. 

Happy Holidays to you and yours my friend. 

joewilly12 

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

I think you are overestimating the Jets fan number. Every fan base is rooted on by in the Tri-State area. I see all team colors at the school bus stop, or wear your favorite team to work day in the stores that have that on Sundays.

There are 20 million people in the NY Metro area.  Pick another number.  6 million Jets fans?  5 million?  How about 2 million?

As a point of comparison, the population of Seattle is a paltry 750 thousand and they can fill a 60,000 seat stadium easily, get props for the 12th Man and everything.

The sheer amount of people in the NY area means there are far more Jets fans on the planet than there are (name goes here) fans.  Point being, number of fans isn't an excuse.  It's pathetic that out of the millions of Jets fans within an hour of the stadium a paltry few thousand can't be bothered to attend 1 measly game a year and block out the very enemy fans that apparently disappoint them so much.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why? You need to ask why?  LOL 

SAR I not getting into with you, you have your opinions and I have mine. 

Happy Holidays to you and yours my friend. 

joewilly12 

Season ticket holders are to be commended for their loyalty.  Even if they only attend 5 or 6 games a year they far exceed the average of 0 games per year that non-season ticket holders attend.

Those who complain about the amount of Steeler fans they see on TV on Long Island should be ashamed of themselves, not of season ticket holders.

Happy Holidays to you and your family as well my friend.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Season ticket holders are to be commended for their loyalty.  Even if they only attend 5 or 6 games a year they far exceed the average of 0 games per year that non-season ticket holders attend.

Those who complain about the amount of Steeler fans they see on TV on Long Island should be ashamed of themselves, not of season ticket holders.

SAR I

I agree buddy I agree. PSL owners/season ticket holders should be rewarded for their loyalty, corporations or ticket agencies/travel agencies who put opposing teams fans in the seats should not be. The NY Jets need to find a way to get Jets fans back  in those seats. 

joewilly12 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's simple.

There are 17,000 Jets fans who write season ticket checks to the team each year.

There are 8,000,000 Jets fans living in the NY Metro area.

When one of the 17,000 fans can't attend a game because of a family conflict, it's up to one of the 8,000,000 fans to buy their seats on Stubhub.  For below face value.  For $39 most games. 

That's what "fixes the infestation problem".

It is not for season ticket holders to be under pressure to attend 8 home games if they can only make 7; it is up to the non-season ticket holder who doesn't go to any games to man up, fan up, pay up, and attend 1 measly home game.  That keeps the enemy fans away.

SAR I

Fact is the people for the most part are front runners and don’t want to waste their time going to see a team that is out of the running for a playoff spot. 

yesterday was a great day and a fun one to be a loyal Jets fan. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

A message has been sent to Woody-Chris Johnson and the NY Jets ticket office. 

Image result for wow gifs

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I think in 2020 I see a life long friendship growing between you both 585b5868e05a7_woohoo2015.jpg.8481dbe932981b63edaa750a8654f5b6.jpg

4 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

You can try.  But we're talking Christmas time, a team that had all of 5 wins going in.  Not easy, believe me.  So much easier on the internet, you don't even have to leave your kitchen table and the money is deposited for you.  

I never sold tickets before the internet days, never missed games.  Nothing is easier than internet ticket sales.  
I enjoyed seeing all those asswipe towel wavers walking out with their heads down.  Made it sweeter

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Disagree I have traveled and metlife Is one of the better ones and if you don’t like cheering and occasional standing you may be correct that live football isn’t for you. This ain’t golf 

You are so wrong. In 39 years, I’ve been to over 250 games in three stadiums. For 11 of those seasons (87-97) I traveled from Connecticut and it took 1-2 hours to go and 2-3 to get home. And those were lean years. I tailgated before every game. I went in all kinds of weather.  I never ever missed a kickoff and never left a game early. I watched every play and loved being there. I went with with my father, my brother, and lastly with my son who went with me from the time he was 6 until now when he is 25. The family memories are great. I’ve been to other stadiums- Sullivan/Foxboro/Gillette, The Link, M&T Bank. 

I’ve lost my voice countless times and stood for entire 4tn quarters (Monday Night Miracle comes to mind). I loved going to games......until the new stadium. The experience changed so much and went downhill rapidly with that horrendously designed place. The experience now stinks, from entry into the parking lot with the stupid color parking ticket system that cause every car to check with an attendant 3-4 times before parking ( adding 20 minutes to the drive to a spot), to placing half the fans in nosebleed seats in an upper deck where the first row is higher than the last row in Gianrs Stadium.  In Shea and Giants Stadium, the seats were full at kick off. Now the stadium is about 1/4 full at kickoff. Half thevfans leave early. 1/4 to 1/3 are fans of the visiting team . In Shea there were a few thousand at most. In Giants Stadium, the visiting fans had one section. In Giants Stadium, I sat with and around the same people every game and we all became friends. InMet Life, there are different people around me every game. Fans these days have no respect for fellow fans. They stand up in front of you every 2 minutes. In a Giants Stadium or Shea, a fan who did that would be told by dozens of people to sit down so they could see. Idiots today stand up and look backwards waving their arms for people to stand and missing the play on he field. Then these same fans spend half the game buys no food, beer, and peeing, then leave early. Then it takes 30-45 minutes to get out of the lot after the game. It took 5-10 minutes in the old stadium. The whole thing sucks. I’m done. 

I like love live football, but not in that place. 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:02 PM, SAR I said:

The new stadium put more deserving fans in the good seats.  Evicted the pretend fans that were profiting off the backs of the wait listers by selling half their seats to brokers and getting paid to attend the rest.  I knew a guy with 12 seats that belonged to his uncle and father right down on the 40 and he put his kids through school on those seats.

SAR I

No. Through PSL’s and high ticket prices, the new stadium priced rabid long time STHs out of the good seats and drove them to the upper deck or away. Then when these fans, who had good seats in Giants Stadium, took seats in the Upper Deck of Met Life, and realized they were too high to see the field, they gave up their seats. 

The new stadium didn’t reward deserving fans. It rewarded rich fans. I do ok, but Met Life seats comparable to my seats in Giants Stadium would have cost me $7500-10,000 a seat in PSLs and $250-500 a seat per game. That’s absurd. 

The stadium was not built for the true fan like me who goes to watch the game. Instead, it was built for Club Seat holders and luxury boxes. Now those “fans” spend the game in lounges eating and watching on TV.

i was not going from $80 a ticket ( $3200 a season) with  a great view  of the field to $20-40,000 in PSLs and $10-20,000 a season). And after sitting in good sideline seats on the 30 yard line for 28 years, I was not paying more to move to the end zone. 

The stadium is not designed and the seats were not priced for deserving and loyal fans. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

How is this absurd?

The season ticket holder attending 7 games did his job.  The non-season ticket holder not going to any games isn't doing his.  Pretty simple concept.

The "onus" as you call it, isn't so much as an onus but rather the mechanism by which non-season ticket holders get tickets; unless like like Upper Deck endzones, if they want to sit in a decent seat in the Mezzanine or Lower Levels, they need tickets to open up from season ticket holders. 

3,300 season ticket holders can't go to the Steeler game.  They list their 10,000 seats on StubHub.  3,300 of the 8 million Jets fans within an hour of the stadium buys them.  Problem solved.  No enemy fans.  The problem isn't the season ticket holder who can only attend 7 games; the problem are fans who can't be bothered to show up for 1.

SAR I

I would love for the team to create a verified Jets fan database. They have data on everything.

List your tickets for $20 less and only a Jets fan can buy them.

Discrimination? Possibly but let's run with it and the courts can figure it out.  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You are so wrong. In 39 years, I’ve been to over 250 games in three stadiums. For 11 of those seasons (87-97) I traveled from Connecticut and it took 1-2 hours to go and 2-3 to get home. And those were lean years. I tailgated before every game. I went in all kinds of weather.  I never ever missed a kickoff and never left a game early. I watched every play and loved being there. I went with with my father, my brother, and lastly with my son who went with me from the time he was 6 until now when he is 25. The family memories are great. I’ve been to other stadiums- Sullivan/Foxboro/Gillette, The Link, M&T Bank. 

I’ve lost my voice countless times and stood for entire 4tn quarters (Monday Night Miracle comes to mind). I loved going to games......until the new stadium. The experience changed so much and went downhill rapidly with that horrendously designed place. The experience now stinks, from entry into the parking lot with the stupid color parking ticket system that cause every car to check with an attendant 3-4 times before parking ( adding 20 minutes to the drive to a spot), to placing half the fans in nosebleed seats in an upper deck where the first row is higher than the last row in Gianrs Stadium.  In Shea and Giants Stadium, the seats were full at kick off. Now the stadium is about 1/4 full at kickoff. Half thevfans leave early. 1/4 to 1/3 are fans of the visiting team . In Shea there were a few thousand at most. In Giants Stadium, the visiting fans had one section. In Giants Stadium, I sat with and around the same people every game and we all became friends. InMet Life, there are different people around me every game. Fans these days have no respect for fellow fans. They stand up in front of you every 2 minutes. In a Giants Stadium or Shea, a fan who did that would be told by dozens of people to sit down so they could see. Idiots today stand up and look backwards waving their arms for people to stand and missing the play on he field. Then these same fans spend half the game buys no food, beer, and peeing, then leave early. Then it takes 30-45 minutes to get out of the lot after the game. It took 5-10 minutes in the old stadium. The whole thing sucks. I’m done. 

I can only speak from my perspective, but I drive a 36 foot vehicle into the parking lot and it couldn't be easier. Getting in and out of this stadium is so easy. Lot F to turnpike south, you are on the turnpike very fast.

I realize that NY people may have a much different experience.

I also realize that anyone going to the NJ Tpke North is going to sit in traffic around the mall. So move to Monmouth County NJ. Nice place to live lol.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is an argument for last season or any of the Geno Smith seasons.  Not this season.  This season we are a good football team.  We're about to finish the year on a 6-2 run with a bunch of young backups rushed into emergency duty and a quarterback taking nice next-steps.  Of the 8,000,000 Jets fans in the NY Metro area, all it would have taken yesterday is 20,000 people to buy cheap seats on StubHub and show up to keep the Steeler fans out.  It's awful that they didn't.

SAR I

We're 32nd in YPG and 28th in PPG scored.

This is not a fun team to watch. It's a scrappy team with a bad offense.

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I appreciate your prior commitment. I’m also a guy that lives quite far away. Delaware to be exact and make the trip weekly. This season I shot down to catch us beat the redskins. The stadium is complete garbage. Been to some other road games that I really was not impressed with, i had to park on a grass lot in Tampa for example. Metlife isn’t perfect but it’s modern and the facilities are pretty nice. Some of you old timers love giants stadium because you guys got used to it not because it was better. I didn’t hold season tickets back then but prob went to at least 2 games a year and we can debate “angles” all day.

As for fans. I’m not sure the whole fan base changed simply because we knocked one down and built another at the same location. Football has changed for sure and generations have changed. I’m not sure of your point there. I have a great group of jet fans in my section.

As for leaving i remember being a kid waiting 30-45 minutes to leave giants stadium as I do now at Metlife but maybe you had a smartEr exit plan then me and my old man when he used to go

Last night at the grocery store place was packed we forgot batteries for a neighbors childrens gift, so I went to get them when I got back to the checkout like it was 2 deep from my wife. So a family was in front of me and I said to the teenage boy can you hand these to my wife, thanks. I was wearing a NY Jets hat and the father said is it ok he's a NE Patriots fan, I said sure a bandwagon jumper huh? Dad replied oh no he's liked them since he was little. I said they've been good since he was little. Dad was dumbfounded,Mom burst out laughing, son maybe 14 stunned, I walked away others were cracking up as well.