Raiders Can Still Make Playoffs

35 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Pretty nuts how close the Jets were to making the playoffs. All they needed to do was beat Cincinnati and Miami on the road, and hold onto that home lead against Buffalo. 

If the Jets didn't get the ridiculous amount of injuries, we'd be enjoying an 11-5 season and the Buffalo Bills playoff berth.

SAR I

10 hours ago, CurtMart said:

No 7-9 team has ever felt like a playoff team in a hilariously easy schedule. 

Ah, another one of those naive Jets fans who think "next man up" means "even if half your starters are missing including 4/5 of your OL, 8 LB's, and your QB's Top 2 Receivers".

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

We're going to finish the second half of the season on a 6-2 run.

Sure feels like a playoff team to me.

SAR I

The Bengals just locked up the #1 overall pick. We got owned by them 3 weeks ago. Between now and then we barely beat a Steelers team with their 3rd string QB at home, got destroyed by an actual playoff team and barely beat the lowly Dolphins at home.

I'd love some of what you're smoking if you could please share.

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, another one of those naive Jets fans who think "next man up" means "even if half your starters are missing including 4/5 of your OL, 8 LB's, and your QB's Top 2 Receivers".

SAR I

If only the Jets were the only team that ever had to suffer an injury. 

15 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Pretty nuts how close the Jets were to making the playoffs. All they needed to do was beat Cincinnati and Miami on the road, and hold onto that home lead against Buffalo. 

We didn’t deserve to win either game as we played very poorly in both the Miami and Cincinnati games. We should have beaten Buffalo, that loss was inexcusable. Henry Anderson’s brainless roughing penalty at the end of the third quarter lost the game. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is that I could totally see the raiders losing in Denver or the Browns losing in Cincy

Of course.  You couldn’t call Raiders over Chargers, Jets over Steelers, or Colts over Panthers gimmes, either.  But it’d be pretty amazing if 10 things happened in 2 weeks to make this all happen.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets didn't get the ridiculous amount of injuries, we'd be enjoying an 11-5 season and the Buffalo Bills playoff berth.

SAR I

that always assumes they'd catch the teams like the raiders and cowgirls in the same state of disarray.  don't get me wrong, the jets are playing very well right now and if they can carry this to next season they would be  but they are also 6-9 for a very good reason.

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That good draft class the Raiders had in the 2019 NFL Draft is going to get a taste of playoff football right out the gate of their careers, which will pay dividends in 2020 for the Raiders. 

Possibly.

they could also be 4-12 next year. The league is very year to year. 

also, let’s see them win in Denver next week. That’s a tricky game