So... is Buffalo resting starters next week?

nico002

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I bet they sit Allen in the second half and the Jets get a close victory, much like the Steelers game. If we win will we still have a top 10 pick? Just curious...I want the victory either way.

We are number 10 right now, if we win we will drop.

56 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I hope not. I want to face their starters...bruise some ribs, tenderize some hammies, roll some ankles, black and blue some shoulders, soften some guts.

I want them limping into the playoffs. I want to beat their starters, and put some doubt in their minds about how good they really are.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I want to see our D lay the wood to Allen and force their coach to take him out due to the beating he's getting.  That and a W will cap off a very chaotic season on a high note.  

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Why would the Bills rest their starters? I was told by the resident genius on this board that they aren’t a playoff team so I guess they aren’t in the playoffs, right?

They clinched a wild card spot. 

Anyone who is at all banged up will sit. Allen will play in the first half only and will probably be instructed to get rid of the ball quick and not run as much. Essentially- play smart, don't get hurt.

I think b/c of the Bills nasty defense they will still win. Hopefully the Jets (specifically Darnold) get out of this game healthy.  

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

They clinched a wild card spot. 

Anyone who is at all banged up will sit. Allen will play in the first half only and will probably be instructed to get rid of the ball quick and not run as much. Essentially- play smart, don't get hurt.

I think b/c of the Bills nasty defense they will still win. Hopefully the Jets (specifically Darnold) get out of this game healthy.  

I know. I was kidding because clearly they are a good team and earned the playoffs. A certain delusional weirdo thinks differently. 

the jets should play to win.  their draft position won't be affected much and it would salvage the season a little.  it would've been nicer if they had a chance to knock the bills into the wildcard spot.  much tougher game since the bills would be playing for a division championship  but it would also be a better test.

Get to 7-9.

Very, very, very respectable considering:

1. Sam missed 4 games

2. We had 0 backup QB

3. Out For Season--Blake Cashman, Chuma Edoga, Quincy Enunwa, Chris Herndon, Ryan Griffin, Tru Johnson, Ryan Kalil, CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson, Brian Winters, etc. OUT FOR THE SEASON.

7-9 is a WIN.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Why risk injury/embarrassment playing against backups when a loss can only benefit draft position. The team proved what they needed to prove this week.

1. Players "risk injury" every week.  It's not a reason to bench healthy players.

2. Teams don't play for better draft position.  That's purely a loser-minded fan thing only.

3. They won a close game vs. a down team playing their #2 & #3 QB's.  No one gets a trophy for beating The Duck.

4. We're playing a hated division rival and can hurt their momentum going into the playoffs.

Your attitude is wrongheaded on every possible level.  No pride, no spine, no balls.  

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Get to 7-9.

Very, very, very respectable considering:

1. Sam missed 4 games

2. We had 0 backup QB

3. Out For Season--Blake Cashman, Chuma Edoga, Quincy Enunwa, Chris Herndon, Ryan Griffin, Tru Johnson, Ryan Kalil, CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson, Brian Winters, etc. OUT FOR THE SEASON.

7-9 is a WIN.

Besides the obvious OL upgrade necessary this offseason...Sam really lost his go-to over the middle in Herndon all season. Then he creates new chemistry with Griffin and then loses him!

Sam clearly likes his TE’s and I can’t wait to see formations with Herndon and Griffin next season.