Jump to content
New York Mick

New Look At Possible Trade Partners For Adams With New Draft Rankings And Team Needs

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

That was my point.   2 picks isn't worth it and 3 isn't happening but that's the only way it should.  

He’s contract is up next year so they either sign him to a big contract or he walks and they get nothing. If they can get a first and a third for him I’d help him pack. 
I was completely against this until I seen the team without him. It wasn’t like when Mangold went down and you seen a huge difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s contract is up next year so they either sign him to a big contract or he walks and they get nothing. If they can get a first and a third for him I’d help him pack. 
I was completely against this until I seen the team without him. It wasn’t like when Mangold went down and you seen a huge difference. 

Are you kidding? Did you see all the big plays we gave up with him out. The drop off was huge. And we have him easily locked up for the next 2 years if not 4 with the franchise tag.   He will never walk away without us getting a return.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lounap23 said:

Are you kidding? Did you see all the big plays we gave up with him out. The drop off was huge. And we have him easily locked up for the next 2 years if not 4 with the franchise tag.   He will never walk away without us getting a return.  

If he shows up. 
I believe they have to tell him they’re picking up his 5th year option this off season or it’s gone. Not 100% how that works. 
 

No I didn’t see a huge drop off with Adams gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He’s talking has nothing to do with it. 

His play certainly has nothing to do with it. Losing an all pro level asset for an unknown is extremely concerning. I’d kee him unless “The Trade” is offered and we all know that won’t ever happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If he shows up. 
I believe they have to tell him they’re picking up his 5th year option this off season or it’s gone. Not 100% how that works. 
 

No I didn’t see a huge drop off with Adams gone. 

Have you heard of “Jackson Five”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Who that wants to trade him, and speaks about positional value, thinks there will be a huge market for him?

I think the Cowboys may make a stupid decision because JJ is 77 and that’s gotta be a big win-now motivator.

everybody dude. he's not even going to fetch a first rounder in draft season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am usually against trading away excellent players but with Adams I would trade him. Adams is a box safety whose real value is rushing the passer and is a sure tackler since in my opinion he is an  average cover guy. Since as said throughout these forums we need an edge rusher and we find one in the draft or through a trade is Adams as valuable to this defense that has an elite pass rusher as opposed to his value now to the team without that pass rusher. I believe his value diminishes with the rusher so therefore I take the gamble on finding that pass rusher in rounds 3 - 4 while using extra earlier picks we get from the trade for O Line help 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SR24 said:

I'd trade him to the Jags for #20 and a later round pick like a 3rd/4th. Draft is loaded with WR and OL talent and he's going to command a huge contract next year move him and invest the return in  the Oline  

Agreed. Plus we can get by with All day Maye and a late round SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He hasn't made us a "better ballclub" over 3 years.  He sure as hell won't when we're paying him $15M a year.  

Exactly. When considering an Adams trade you also have to figure in him taking up a huge chunk of the Jets salary cap for the next 4 years unless he's traded.

While Adams is an excellent player, SS is not where you devote your assets.

Marcus Maye would be more than able to take Adams position and the Jets could get another S cheaply through FA or a low draft pick. The other side to a trade is the Jets would add critical draft capitol so they could 1)rebuild the OL, 2) CB & 3) WR.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JiF said:

There is something to be said about a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Yes, what is said is that you have one ******* bird in your hand and nothing else. We’re hunting for titles, son. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He hasn't made us a "better ballclub" over 3 years.  He sure as hell won't when we're paying him $15M a year.  

We're a better ball club than we were 3 years ago.

In Joe Douglas I trust (for now).  Jamal is the face of a new and promising Jets defense.  Personally, I like the swagger he brings.  Selling him now for poker chips does not seem the best move unless you want to re-initiate the tear down.  Personally, I'm seeing enough from the team to trust the process a little longer.

Let's see what Douglas is capable of in the draft before we decide to trade what talent we do have.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If he shows up. 
I believe they have to tell him they’re picking up his 5th year option this off season or it’s gone. Not 100% how that works. 
 

No I didn’t see a huge drop off with Adams gone. 

There is no doubt the 5th year option gets picked up.    and Please go watch the games again.   Having Maye play Adams role and Darryl Roberts playing Mayes role was a joke.   the run defense was weaker and you will clearly see blown coverage in the middle of the field multiple times. I believe with Adams in the lineup we had given up only 4 or 5 pass plays of over 20+ yds and without him in the lineup was also about 4-5 plays.  So not including yesterday we had 12 games of only giving up  5 plays of 20+ yds with Adams and in 2 games without Adams we up 5 plays of 20+ YDS.  The dropoff was significant.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I do not see how the Cowboys can fit a Jamal Adams with needing to extend Prescott. Unless they feel they are going for a 1-2 year window, which I do not feel they are in position to do.

They can trade us Zack Martin for Adams and save cap room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets trading Adams be pure stupidity 

Actually the exact opposite is true

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

There is no doubt the 5th year option gets picked up.    and Please go watch the games again.   Having Maye play Adams role and Darryl Roberts playing Mayes role was a joke.   the run defense was weaker and you will clearly see blown coverage in the middle of the field multiple times. I believe with Adams in the lineup we had given up only 4 or 5 pass plays of over 20+ yds and without him in the lineup was also about 4-5 plays.  So not including yesterday we had 12 games of only giving up  5 plays of 20+ yds with Adams and in 2 games without Adams we up 5 plays of 20+ YDS.  The dropoff was significant.

So sign a guy like Tavon Wilson and then trade Adams for picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

everybody dude. he's not even going to fetch a first rounder in draft season. 

I wouldn't be terribly surprised, but we'll never know.  I'd said earlier I think JJ is the only one that makes this deal.  I just hope we're smart enough not to pay him 15M per.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

There is no doubt the 5th year option gets picked up.    and Please go watch the games again.   Having Maye play Adams role and Darryl Roberts playing Mayes role was a joke.   the run defense was weaker and you will clearly see blown coverage in the middle of the field multiple times. I believe with Adams in the lineup we had given up only 4 or 5 pass plays of over 20+ yds and without him in the lineup was also about 4-5 plays.  So not including yesterday we had 12 games of only giving up  5 plays of 20+ yds with Adams and in 2 games without Adams we up 5 plays of 20+ YDS.  The dropoff was significant.

Adams isn’t as important as a good oline, edge, CB or WR. He’s replaceable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So sign a guy like Tavon Wilson and then trade Adams for picks

Because “picks” always pan out. You guys never want to win but live in state of permanent rebuild 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Adams isn’t as important as a good oline, edge, CB or WR. He’s replaceable. 

He has more sacks then most teams edge guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Because “picks” always pan out. You guys never want to win but live in state of permanent rebuild 

Smart teams like the patriots trade their players for picks before having to pay them

 

Dumb organizations like the jets give ridiculous contracts to Muhammad Wilkerson, Mark Sanchez and Chad Pennington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Adams isn’t as important as a good oline, edge, CB or WR. He’s replaceable. 

We could get an all pro Guard like Martin from the Cowboys for Adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He has more sacks then most teams edge guys 

And give up other plays by playing like Steve Atwater which isn’t his fault because the coaches are calling the plays and doing what’s best for the current team. If they had a better passrush Adams wouldn’t have to play OLB. But that doesn’t make him more important then edge and especially not oline. 
Darnold is the number one priority so you build around him first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

We're a better ball club than we were 3 years ago.

In Joe Douglas I trust (for now).  Jamal is the face of a new and promising Jets defense.  Personally, I like the swagger he brings.  Selling him now for poker chips does not seem the best move unless you want to re-initiate the tear down.  Personally, I'm seeing enough from the team to trust the process a little longer.

Let's see what Douglas is capable of in the draft before we decide to trade what talent we do have.  

Post of the year. 

Image result for trophy pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He's the best player on the D and very instrumental in the defense success this season. 

Sure let's trade our best defensive player for "what if" draft picks while we throw $8-$9 million dollars at a retired bum center. 

STOP THE HATE. 

And be sure to buttfumble this post like all my others. 

PUT ME ON IGNORE THANKS 

 

How can you not even remotely understand the importance of positional value?    It's a huge issue and why the team is so bad today.  Mac constantly invested in the positions of least value.  Like 2 safeties in a row.  Do you realize just how much damage it has caused by investing in safeties and constant DLs for the last decade?

None of this has to do with Adams' talent.  It goes much deeper into the overall priorities of the team, which, under Woody Johnson, have been horrible.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How can you not even remotely understand the importance of positional value?    It's a huge issue and why the team is so bad today.  Mac constantly invested in the positions of least value.  Like 2 safeties in a row.  Do you realize just how much damage it has caused by investing in safeties and constant DLs for the last decade?

None of this has to do with Adams' talent.  It goes much deeper into the overall priorities of the team, which, under Woody Johnson, have been horrible.

I actually agree with you for the most part.  The damage drafting DL has us where we are today, sitting home for the playoffs and that includes the 2019 draft pick QW I wanted Josh Allen edge rusher. 

Kyle Wilson and Dee Milliner were CB'S and they were busts. 

JD will not trade his best defensive player.

Jamal Adams proven NFL superstar for "what if" draft picks no way in hell. 

Happy Holidays 

joewilly12 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Smart teams like the patriots trade their players for picks before having to pay them

 

Dumb organizations like the jets give ridiculous contracts to Muhammad Wilkerson, Mark Sanchez and Chad Pennington

how dare you put Jamal adams in the dame sentence as Wilkerson or sanchez……..apples and oranges boomer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Smart teams like the patriots trade their players for picks before having to pay them

 

Dumb organizations like the jets give ridiculous contracts to Muhammad Wilkerson, Mark Sanchez and Chad Pennington

How long has the Patriots secondary been together?  

How many of the Patriots secondary have been there a long time?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...