New York Mick

New Look At Possible Trade Partners For Adams With New Draft Rankings And Team Needs

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I just turned Jamal Adams into a legit WR1, a 1,200 yard back, and Yannick Ngakoue and this guy is all “pffft whatev”

CRAPSHOOT

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's equally easy to say "We have an All-Pro SS so we should keep him" and hope it's that simple.  

Image result for occam's razor"

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Jamal Adams for amari cooper? Dallas franchise tag him and trade to us.

Cooper would never sign here long-term without a massive overpay.  Give me picks.  

On 12/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, New York Mick said:

What teams would likely trade a first round pick for a top SS? No one in the top 15 IMO. 
Teams that need a S according to draft nerds with their estimated draft spot. 

49ers - 31st 

Broncos - 11th

Browns - 12th

Cowboys - 16th

Jags - 6th, 20th

Panthers - 8th

8 teams need a QB, 13 teams need an OT and 12 teams need edge (in bold) which is more important then a SS so that’s going to eliminate 3 of the 6 trade partners. That leaves Cowboys, 49ers and Jags. The 49ers are going to be picking in the late 20s early 30s which I think is too low of a pick unless they give up a 2nd which I don’t see them doing so they’re out IMO that leaves the board favorite the Cowboys and also the Jags which I think is the most likely because they have two 1st rounders. They’ll be able to get a CB, WR or DT with the 5th/6th pick and trade the top 20 for Adams. They’d be able to fix their secondary in one year if they get Adams and hit on a CB. 
That gives the Jets two 1st, one in the top 10 and one in the top 20. They’d be able to get the first or second ranked OT and a top WR or first ranked OG/OC or even a CB or Edge as long as they address the OL with the first pick I’d be happy.

Thank God you're not the Jets GM

On 12/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, kevinc855 said:

Jets trading Adams be pure stupidity 

Agreed

On 12/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, New York Mick said:

I’m a huge Adams supporter but until the offense is fixed he’s expendable. No passrusher or CB is more important then protecting the QB so a SS definitely isn’t. If they could get a starting OC/OG to pair with a starting OT plus add one or two OL through FA the offense would be a lot better next season. Adams is a great addition to the team but he’s not a franchise changing players to a team with a questionable offense. 

Nonsense. What a bunch of flawed logic or a complete lack thereof. Adams is the undisputed leader of the defense. Surrounding him with talent puts the defense over the top. It transforms the defense into a championship defense. Yet JD doesn't to do anything other than resign the Jets best player? Use the draft and don't waste picks like that sh*thread Mac did. JD rebuilds the OL and paves the way for the Jets to make a huge leap in year 2 of the JD/Gase regime.

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Nonsense. What a bunch of flawed logic or a complete lack thereof. Adams is the undisputed leader of the defense. Surrounding him with talent puts the defense over the top. It transforms the defense into a championship defense. Yet JD doesn't to do anything other than resign the Jets best player? Use the draft and don't waste picks like that sh*thread Mac did. JD rebuilds the OL and paves the way for the Jets to make a huge leap in year 2 of the JD/Gase regime.

Offense wins championships now

I have no issue trading Jamal AS LONG as the Jets get what they want. Their asking price is high and it should be.  I’m not just settling for a low first round pick and a third