Gase, Darnold and an interesting statistical split

HawkeyeJet

13 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Look at what Drake has done since leaving Gase.  Look at what Tannehill has done. Look what happened to Bell under Gase.  He is 100% the problem and not a head coach. Darnold will flourish once Gase is gone.

100% huh? Not that fact that we are fielding a bottom-3 NFL roster right now? 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:
Gase was 8-5 with Tannehill in 2016. 
Gase was 0-0 with Tannehill in 2017
Gase was 5-6 with Tannehill in 2018. 
Titans are 6-4 with Tannehill in 2019
Only in the eyes of SOJFs is there some great discrepancy in Tannehill's record with and without Gase. 

OK since you think the QB is the only reason for wins. Look at stats. QB rating over 100 seven out of 10 games this year.

Gase is dealing with a bad OL, has a bunch of #2 and 3 level WRs, and a young QB who is having a mediocre season because of all these factors, and his own level of play.

Gase shows his expertise in that tightly framed opening sequence and is able to get the most possible out of a pretty average (to be kind) group.

I disagree with nico, not every series can be scripted like the first. You are starting on different points of the field, the game situations have changed, ie, it’s no longer 0-0, the defense has a better feel for the game plan, or you could be ahead or behind in the game.

When the level of talent is better, the offense will look better and more consistent. I really don’t think it’s any more complicated then that.

• Post of the Week 1

Losing record for Gase is all that needs to be said. Great coaches can get the most out of their players i.e Parcells/ Belicheck. Crappy coaches like Garrett can turn a SB roster into trash. 4th year as a HC and he is the same as he was in Miami. Gase needs to go for the Jets to grow.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Gase is dealing with a bad OL, has a bunch of #2 and 3 level WRs, and a young QB who is having a mediocre season because of all these factors, and his own level of play.

Gase shows his expertise in that tightly framed opening sequence and is able to get the most possible out of a pretty average (to be kind) group.

I disagree with nico, not every series can be scripted like the first. You are starting on different points of the field, the game situations have changed, ie, it’s no longer 0-0, the defense has a better feel for the game plan, or you could be ahead or behind in the game.

When the level of talent is better, the offense will look better and more consistent. I really don’t think it’s any more complicated then that.

I am not a Gase fan but this is pretty fair.  The OL alone makes it tough for them to run the offense they want to run.  I don’t agree with the way he has used bell but at the same time bell hasn’t looked explosive out there either.  Also doesn’t help that Robby and Crowder are really the only receivers we can count on.  Like I said I never wanted to hire Gase but let’s see what he does next year after Douglas hopefully mercifully repairs the OL and adds some more weapons for Sam

I am not a Gase fan but this is pretty fair.  The OL alone makes it tough for them to run the offense they want to run.  I don’t agree with the way he has used bell but at the same time bell hasn’t looked explosive out there either.  Also doesn’t help that Robby and Crowder are really the only receivers we can count on.  Like I said I never wanted to hire Gase but let’s see what he does next year after Douglas hopefully mercifully repairs the OL and adds some more weapons for Sam

Since he is staying then he gets one year or off with his head. Playoffs or fired.
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Look at what Drake has done since leaving Gase.  Look at what Tannehill has done. Look what happened to Bell under Gase.  He is 100% the problem and not a head coach. Darnold will flourish once Gase is gone.

Thanks for the much needed levity, I needed a good laugh today.

Sometimes we just need a break from all the serious, well thought out arguments people here go back and forth with on various subjects.

?

• Thumb Down 1

Thanks for the much needed levity, I needed a good laugh today.
Sometimes we just need a break from all the serious, well thought out arguments people here go back and forth with on various subjects.

That’s how I feel when I read your posts so you’re welcome.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Feeding Bell the ball kills us as the game goes on.

With his YPC, if we gave him the ball every dowwe’d literally be punting on every possession. Every carry he gets reduces our chances of getting first downs and scoring points. And you’ve got fans here bashing Gase for not giving Bell the ball more lol

Now, this is not to say that it’s Bells fault, it’s the offensive line, which goes back to...Mike ******* Maccagnan.

Next year our offense will look completely different, more along the lines of what we see on first possession this year. 

For the sake of discussion let's assume everything you said is true. How does it address the first possession phenomenon?

• Upvote 1