2020 schedule includes Browns, Raiders at Jets again, two games in LA

jetstream23

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

10 and 6 is the absolute worst case scenario. Not sure about the Numbers, if they win that 11 and 5 is the floor.

Best thing jets have going is it looks like AFC East is going to be ripe next year

Patriots won’t have Brady 

Dolphins still rebuilding 

Bills - I’m not scared of them

The 3 west coast games are a killer though 

• Upvote 1

Three trips to the West Coast. That's tough but this year the Jets never left the eastern time zone and were terrible, so...

I imagine the NFL will schedule two west coast games back to back if the Jets request it so they can just stay out there for the week in between.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Gase gone, 9-7

Gase still here, 5-11

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ridiculous post.

57 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah no way Gase gets 5 wins next year

The only reason I said the post was ridiculous was because no other coach was mentioned in the opinion of the Jets winning 9 games.  It was simply that Gase wins 5 games or a Jets team with any other coach / some unnamed coach / no coach (?) automatically gets the Jets to 9 W's.  Essentially, it's just a troll job.

10 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Indy is good away game, might go to that and the new Rams/Chargers stadium should be interesting - finally get to see if left coasters will show up for a game in LA

and when do they change the schedule to show the Vegas Raiders - maybe next year is the away game?

Eli back to Metlife as a Bronco?

KC is supposed to be a bucket list away game (nice people, loud stadium) but that game could get ugly 

Thinking of the same.  Indy is an easy road trip from Chicago, and an accessible downtown stadium.  Plenty of hotels and bars in walking distance of Lucas Oil.  Been there a few times and its always been a lot of fun -- Indy fans are friendly and welcoming.

Gonna probably hit LA; wife and daughter want to go out to Universal Hollywood.  Told them we would as long as we time it for one of the two Jet games next fall.  Only so much theme park I can take,  I will leave them with Harry Potter for a day and catch one of those games.

As to KC, not sure I would call it a Bucket list.  Been there twice.  First visit, Chad set NFL record fumbling 6 or 7 times.  Went back a few years ago for Fitz 6-pick game.  I have had enough of KC for a while.  Bad karma when I go there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thinking of the same.  Indy is an easy road trip from Chicago, and an accessible downtown stadium.  Plenty of hotels and bars in walking distance of Lucas Oil.  Been there a few times and its always been a lot of fun -- Indy fans are friendly and welcoming.

MIght have to see if TailgateJoe can get a road trip planned for Indy - potential official JN event? @Maxman

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How old are you? Because your endless optimism for this franchise is confusing. I can only guess you’re very young and haven’t been tainted by this franchise always disappointing us. 

How old are you?  If youre so bitter and "tainted"why do you bother being a fan?  Its a serious question

If the Jets performance bothered me as much as it seems to bother you, Id find some other hobby or interest that wouldnt make my blood pressure rise and keep me in a constant state of unhappiness.  At the end of the day, its only entertainment-If you arent enjoying it, maybe change the channel.   You cant even let other fans be happy that maybe they see a light at the end of the tunnel!  Is it misery loves company???

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

How old are you?  If youre so bitter and "tainted"why do you bother being a fan?  Its a serious question

If the Jets performance bothered me as much as it seems to bother you, Id find some other hobby or interest that wouldnt make my blood pressure rise and keep me in a constant state of unhappiness.  At the end of the day, its only entertainment-If you arent enjoying it, maybe change the channel.   You cant even let other fans be happy that maybe they see a light at the end of the tunnel!  Is it misery loves company???

I’m in too deep now. I have lots of other hobbies that allow me to enjoy my Sundays. Thanks for your concern though!

• Sympathy 2

No excuses. If Darnold's healthy this team should win at least 10 games next year. 7-1 at home, 4-4 on the road. Gase should definitely be on notice. 6-7 wins with that schedule is a fire-able offense.

Home:

NE - W

BUF - W

MIA - W

SF - L

AZ - W

DEN - W

OAK - W

CLE -W

Road:

@ NE - L

@ BUF - L

@ MIA - W

@ SEA - L

@ LAR - W

@ LAC - W

@ KC - L

@ IND W

10 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

No excuses. If Darnold's healthy this team should win at least 10 games next year. 7-1 at home, 4-4 on the road. Gase should definitely be on notice. 6-7 wins with that schedule is a fire-able offense.

Home:

NE - W

BUF - W

MIA - W

SF - L

AZ - W

DEN - W

OAK - W

CLE -W

Road:

@ NE - L

@ BUF - L

@ MIA - W

@ SEA - L

@ LAR - W

@ LAC - W

@ KC - L

@ IND W

It’s hard to prognosticate without seeing how teams shape up in the offseason, but there is very little chance they beat BOTH LA teams on the road. The Jets are a notoriously bad road team. And I highly doubt that they can go 7-1 at home. Those are some tough games. 8-8 is probably the ceiling but that would take an A+ offseason from Douglas and a big leap forward from Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s hard to prognosticate without seeing how teams shape up in the offseason, but there is very little chance they beat BOTH LA teams on the road. The Jets are a notoriously bad road team. And I highly doubt that they can go 7-1 at home. Those are some tough games. 8-8 is probably the ceiling but that would take an A+ offseason from Douglas and a big leap forward from Darnold. 

Bullsh*t. Already here come the excuses for Gase. Why can't this team win 11 games? New England has fallen way off, Buffalo isn't anything special. Oakland, Arizona and Denver stink. Cleveland is a tire fire. 

38 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Bullsh*t. Already here come the excuses for Gase. Why can't this team win 11 games? New England has fallen way off, Buffalo isn't anything special. Oakland, Arizona and Denver stink. Cleveland is a tire fire. 

No excuses for Gase. This team can’t win 11 games because of Gase. The schedule on paper is much harder. Again, it’s way too early to prognosticate. But I expect all four teams you named to be different next year. Arizona already looks much better. Bengals were 0-11. Miami was 0-7. The Jets can lose to anyone. I hope one day we get to the point where they could BEAT anyone. 

19 hours ago, JTJet said:

Anytime I project w/l on a future schedule I split all the division games, so 3-3 in division, then.. 

Ws - AZ, OAK, CLE, DEN, LA, LA, IN

Ls - SF, KC, SEA

So 10-6, based solely off what I've seen this year. 

The Rams have taken a step back this year.  Not that big of a step though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

The Rams have taken a step back this year.  Not that big of a step though.

They will take another next year too. 

Goff's contract is choking them. They made a run for high priced vets the last 2 years and are paying the piper now. 

Basically they are going to be us at the end of the Tanenbaum area next year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Home:

NE - W

BUF - W

MIA - W

SF - L

AZ - W

DEN - W

OAK - W

CLE -W

Road:

@ NE - L

@ BUF - L

@ MIA - W

@ SEA - L

@ LAR - W

@ LAC - W

@ KC - L

@ IND W

high wiz khalifa GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Gonna probably hit LA; wife and daughter want to go out to Universal Hollywood.  Told them we would as long as we time it for one of the two Jet games next fall.  Only so much theme part I can take,  I will leave them with Harry Potter for a day and catch one of those games.

As to KC, not sure I would call it a Bucket list.  Been there twice.  First visit, Chad set NFL record fumbling 6 or 7 times.  Went back a few years ago for Fitz 6-pick game.  I have had enough of KC for a while.  Bad karma when I go there.

3 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

MIght have to see if TailgateJoe can get a road trip planned for Indy - potential official JN event? @Maxman

The schedule is not 100% finalized.  Specifically the Indy game. 

Titans are 8-7 with a 2-3 division record. 

Colts are 7-8 with a 3-2 division record. 

If the Colts beat the Jags and the Titans lose to the Texans this weekend, they both end up with 8-8 records but the Colts take second place due to a better division record.  Since we’re locked into 3rd Place our AFC South game would be at Tenn.....not Indy.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Three trips to the West Coast. That's tough but this year the Jets never left the eastern time zone and were terrible, so...

I imagine the NFL will schedule two west coast games back to back if the Jets request it so they can just stay out there for the week in between.  

Yea but the west coast teams also need to Travel to us. Evens it out