2020 schedule includes Browns, Raiders at Jets again, two games in LA

jetstream23

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Chargers had a worse record then us. Rams are falling apart and the colts have one more win then us. ?‍♂️

The Chargers still has a better team and we havent beaten them in the regular season since 2011, The Rams are 8-7 playing in the toughest conference in the league and are a scrappy team. 

This Jets team hasnt done anything over the past decade for me to underestimate any team on that schedule. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Chargers still has a better team and we havent beaten them in the regular season since 2011, The Rams are 8-7 playing in the toughest conference in the league and are a scrappy team. 

This Jets team hasnt done anything over the past decade for me to underestimate any team on that schedule. 

This is such a sojf response. The jets are always the worst in your guys mind. I got news there are a lot of worse off football teams and W and Ls are all that matters in this league. Chargers were bad all year 

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is such a sojf response. The jets are always the worst in your guys mind. I got news there are a lot of worse off football teams and W and Ls are all that matters in this league. Chargers were bad all year 

I have a question, and please...just give the answer straight. 

You said that this is such a SOJF response. Have SOJF been wrong about the Jets being the Same'ol? Yes or no

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I have a question, and please...just give the answer straight. 

You said that this is such a SOJF response. Have SOJF been wrong about the Jets being the Same'ol? Yes or no

He isn’t talking about the Jets. He’s making an assertion that the chargers are better. I hear this argument all the time. Just like how the Browns were “light years” ahead of us in the rebuild and win the afc north this year ?

10 hours ago, doublel9 said:

Happens every 12 years. Hope we're alive and world's still spinning to witness following occurence in '32.

It will be interesting to see how the schedule rotation changes if they go to 17 games and how they will find “balance”.

Maybe it will be the same rotation with an added non-conference team that finished in the same place...so for example if next year was a 17 game season the Jets would play

Home and away vs division

AFC West
NFC West

3rd place AFC South

3rd place AFC North

3rd place NFC North

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, section314 said:

Some pretty great choices for our one or two Road games as well....LA twice, Seattle, Indy and KC.

The original report on this is wrong.  

Indy game is not set.  If the Colts win (at Jax) and the Titans lose (at Hou)  Indy will finish in second place which means we would be @Tenn. 

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes they have been wrong many many times. 

Care to explain? 

Here's what us so-called SOJF's have seen this past decade. 

We've seen 2 double digit win seasons since 2010. We've seen 1 playoff appearance (2010) 

Since 2010 the Jets have had 2 ( two) winning seasons. 

Where are the SOJF's wrong? Are you going to compare it to the decade prior? Okay, lets do that. 

The Jets had 5 playoff appearances from 2000-2009. They actually won the AFC East one season (2002) and produced 7 winning seasons. 

Can you explain to me how "SOJF's" have been incorrect about this team this decade? And if you cant, would you reconsider changing your answer to something that best lends itself to being accurate? 

Oh, and not to shy away from your Browns comment. You said..

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Just like how the Browns were “light years” ahead of us in the rebuild and win the afc north this year ?

Well, lets put that to the test, shall we? 

2018 both the Jets and Browns drafted QB's in the 1st round, which generally means that they're going into a new direction. You claim that the Browns rebuild "isnt" light years ahead of the Jets. Well, you make it sound as if the Browns and Jets were at the same place during their lowest of lows. Lets see what's real here. 

The 3 seasons prior to Sam being drafted (2015-17) the Jets averaged 6.6 wins per season 

The 3 seasons prior to Baker being drafted (2015-17) the Browns averaged 1.3 wins per season. 

The jets averaged about 5X's more wins per season than the Browns over the same amount of time. 

Since Sam was drafted the Jets have won 10 games. 

Since Baker was drafted the Browns have won 13 games. 

If we average that out over their 2 seasons that would be...

Sam is averaging 5 wins per season, below the 6.6 wins per season the Jets had during their 3 seasons prior to Sam. 

Baker is averaging 6.5 wins per season, above the 1.3 wins per season the Browns had during their 3 seasons prior to Sam. 

The Browns are averaging 1.5 more wins per season against a team that just 2 seasons ago was averaging 5X's more wins then them?

The Browns rebuild has produced an average of "5 more wins per season" since their rebuild with Baker began.

The Jets rebuild has produced an average of  "1 less win per season" since their rebuild with Sam began.

TO BE CLEAR...Im not saying that the Browns progression is all Baker and the Jets 1 less win is all Sam. We're talking about the "team rebuild" overall, but we know that each rebuild began with their new QB. 

In otherwords, based on where both teams were before their rebuild, it's clear what has happened since the teams have moved forward with their QB's. It would be crazy not to think that up'ing your average wins by 5 games isnt "light years" ahead of having "1 less win" on average. 

Lastly, the Jets and Browns have played against one another twice. The Browns are 2-0.

This will be ignored, but I still just wanted it to be shown since you made the Browns comment for a reason. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Some pretty great choices for our one or two Road games as well....LA twice, Seattle, Indy and KC.

I would LOVE a road trip to Seattle.  Never been there.  Of course my in-laws are in the LA area so I'll bet it will be there.  But I want Seattle.  Let's see what the boss says.  Everything depends on the dates and they don't release that until when?  Forever?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I would LOVE a road trip to Seattle.  Never been there.  Of course my in-laws are in the LA area so I'll bet it will be there.  But I want Seattle.  Let's see what the boss says.  Everything depends on the dates and they don't release that until when?  Forever?

Seattle is amazing and Centurylink is the best stadium in the nfl

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He isn’t talking about the Jets. He’s making an assertion that the chargers are better. I hear this argument all the time. Just like how the Browns were “light years” ahead of us in the rebuild and win the afc north this year ?

they just beat us 2 years in a row.  Big game for the jets next year.  Whether you buy in or not, it will be huge.  Losing to Mayfield/browns 3 consecutive seasons?  It really doesn't matter that Mayfield is a midling QB with upside...  if he beats the jets 3 years in a row, one would think the crowd quiets down.

37 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The original report on this is wrong.  

Indy game is not set.  If the Colts win (at Jax) and the Titans lose (at Hou)  Indy will finish in second place which means we would be @Tenn. 

So if not Seattle (and hopefully not LA), Nashville here we come. 

I wanted to go last year but it had to be earlier than December. Go Colts!  Go Texans!  

21 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Care to explain? 

Here's what us so-called SOJF's have seen this past decade. 

We've seen 2 double digit win seasons since 2010. We've seen 1 playoff appearance (2010) 

Since 2010 the Jets have had 2 ( two) winning seasons. 

Where are the SOJF's wrong? Are you going to compare it to the decade prior? Okay, lets do that. 

The Jets had 5 playoff appearances from 2000-2009. They actually won the AFC East one season (2002) and produced 7 winning seasons. 

Can you explain to me how "SOJF's" have been incorrect about this team this decade? And if you cant, would you reconsider changing your answer to something that best lends itself to being accurate? 

Oh, and not to shy away from your Browns comment. You said..

Well, lets put that to the test, shall we? 

2018 both the Jets and Browns drafted QB's in the 1st round, which generally means that they're going into a new direction. You claim that the Browns rebuild "isnt" light years ahead of the Jets. Well, you make it sound as if the Browns and Jets were at the same place during their lowest of lows. Lets see what's real here. 

The 3 seasons prior to Sam being drafted (2015-17) the Jets averaged 6.6 wins per season 

The 3 seasons prior to Baker being drafted (2015-17) the Browns averaged 1.3 wins per season. 

The jets averaged about 5X's more wins per season than the Browns over the same amount of time. 

Since Sam was drafted the Jets have won 10 games. 

Since Baker was drafted the Browns have won 13 games. 

If we average that out over their 2 seasons that would be...

Sam is averaging 5 wins per season, below the 6.6 wins per season the Jets had during their 3 seasons prior to Sam. 

Baker is averaging 6.5 wins per season, above the 1.3 wins per season the Browns had during their 3 seasons prior to Sam. 

The Browns are averaging 1.5 more wins per season against a team that just 2 seasons ago was averaging 5X's more wins then them?

The Browns rebuild has produced an average of "5 more wins per season" since their rebuild with Baker began.

The Jets rebuild has produced an average of  "1 less win per season" since their rebuild with Sam began.

TO BE CLEAR...Im not saying that the Browns progression is all Baker and the Jets 1 less win is all Sam. We're talking about the "team rebuild" overall, but we know that each rebuild began with their new QB. 

In otherwords, based on where both teams were before their rebuild, it's clear what has happened since the teams have moved forward with their QB's. It would be crazy not to think that up'ing your average wins by 5 games isnt "light years" ahead of having "1 less win" on average. 

Lastly, the Jets and Browns have played against one another twice. The Browns are 2-0.

This will be ignored, but I still just wanted it to be shown since you made the Browns comment for a reason. 

Hahahah you just made a failed case how the browns are better then us.

ladies and gentlemen I rest my case

wow

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Hahahah you just made a failed case how the browns are better then us.

ladies and gentlemen I rest my case

wow

But, you didnt even "make a case" to put to rest. ? You had an idea, but in order to make a case, you have to first support your idea, meaning to defend it. That's how you make a case and then put it to rest. 

For example, that's what I did, and even asked if you would "care to explain" your idea, showing that I was more than willing to hear out the defense of your idea. All you did was ignore my questions and response entirely.

I'll dismiss myself. You're just talking. Waste of time. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, JTJet said:

They will take another next year too. 

Goff's contract is choking them. They made a run for high priced vets the last 2 years and are paying the piper now. 

Basically they are going to be us at the end of the Tanenbaum area next year. 

Except for having a coach and a QB, yeah 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

But, you didnt even "make a case" to put to rest. ? You had an idea, but in order to make a case, you have to first support your idea, meaning to defend it. That's how you make a case and then put it to rest. 

For example, that's what I did, and even asked if you would "care to explain" your idea, showing that I was more than willing to hear out the defense of your idea. All you did was ignore my questions and response entirely.

I'll dismiss myself. You're just talking. Waste of time. 

Because your rambling incoherent post just tired to say Baker is better then sam and the browns are better then the jets. It ended all credible argument on your Behalf. 

browns are 6-9

and mayfield is playing worse then sam. When we played the browns who was our qb again? Exactly. Stop trolling 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Because your rambling incoherent post just tired to say Baker is better then sam and the browns are better then the jets. It ended all credible argument on your Behalf. 

browns are 6-9

and mayfield is playing worse then sam. When we played the browns who was our qb again? Exactly. Stop trolling 

Lol

Like I said, you're just talking

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Adam Gase is here for another 2-3 losing seasons so get used to it

Fans like you drive me nuts. We haven't had a good draft in I don't know how many years, we were decimated with injuries this year but Adam Gase was supposed to win and make the playoffs or be fired. LOL!

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Fans like you drive me nuts. We haven't had a good draft in I don't know how many years, we were decimated with injuries this year but Adam Gase was supposed to win and make the playoffs or be fired. LOL!

That Adam Gase Excuse Army speech has me hard

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase couldn’t beat the 0-9 bengals or 0-7 dolphins on the road you think he’s beating the Seahawks?

I don't know, will he have a healthy, talented team?  If so he'll have a chance.

In 3 years in Miami he went 3-1 in West coast games with the lone loss being a 2 point loss at Seattle.

The West Coast games are brutal, but worth remembering that both the Rams and Chargers regularly host International Series games at the minute (combination of their new stadium getting built, as well as owing games for the Superbowl they'll be hosting soon), so one of them might be in London or Mexico. 

Similarly, I *think* the Dolphins might owe a home game for this year's Superbowl, so that could pop up in London too.