Gase: I’m rich as f--k

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

WTF does this even mean?  Is it a typo or part of another story incorrectly inserted in this story?  I read it multiple times and am dumbfounded

It’s likely the copy of an ad that’s probably mid article.  I’m sure there’s a photo on the actual page.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Much of this is absolutely true and obvious.

Just because Mehta wrote it doesn’t make it untrue.  It’s a deuchy article for sure - but mostly true...

All of this is almost entirely on the Johnsons though - hiring a failed coach from within the division was always a recipe for disaster.

Hey Manish

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Manish reported that Adams doesn’t care about fan criticism because he’s rich as sh*t? First of all, no sh*t: if you’re a professional coach or athlete and you worry about the idiot fan base, you’re a rube with rabbit ears. Secondly, Adams explicitly tells you he doesn’t care about “the haters” every day on Instagram and/or Twitter. Third, Gase has an axe to grind with Gase for getting Maccagnan fired and he’s in turbo meltdown mode because Gase has kept the team together enough to go 5-2 in his last seven, consolidating his power within the organization, which directly impacts Manish. When was the last time Manish had an actual personnel-related scoop that indicated he has an iota of access to anyone inside the building? Mehta’s whole shtick is built around access, and he’s been frozen out. And when you’re frozen out, you’re stuck writing articles about the boring on-the-field stuff or human interest stories that don’t get clicks, which is fine if you’re writing for The Athletic or one of the local Long Island papers, but Manish works for an NYC tabloid already in financial distress and wants no part of being a grunt beat reporter, like Costello, where you cover the Jets for a bit, then have to cover, like, golf to make ends meet. Manish sows discord because he needs access, and the best way to get it is by interviewing disgruntled weasels. He didn’t get those stories when the team was 1-7, and he especially won’t get those stories now that the team is 5-2. This is an existential crisis for Manish, and what you’re now seeing with articles like this is stark, raw, flare-gun level desperation.

Wasn’t Costello the guy they sent to camp out on Andy Pettite’s front lawn?

Locker rooms are always two separate entities US the D, and Them the O. They come together to play the game. If one side feels the other isn't pulling their weight that's where you get the locker room divide. The HC has to keep it all together.

The D-line has viewed defensive coordinator Gregg Williams their leader and Gase a glorified offensive coordinator as opposed to the head coach.
The D-line has viewed defensive coordinator Gregg Williams their leader and Gase a glorified offensive coordinator as opposed to the head coach. (Mark Brown/Getty Images)

12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I wouldn’t lose sleep over a guy who’s not actually reporting news or bringing value. They’re just repeated hit jobs.  There doesn’t need to be a slippery slope here.  He’s literally already written the narrative for the Buffalo game, so that it doesn’t count if we win and is a huge failure if we lose, after spending all last week felating Tomlin for his “success” through injuries, and then just dismissing the Jets beating them as irrelevant.

Far be it from me to say anyone with the Jets is above criticism, but when you say it’s all Gase, every single day, and contort the narrative as you see fit, and then, if that’s not enough, you get personal, I’d just excuse you from the room.

I just hate the infringement on Freedom of the Press and I think it’d make the Jets, and Gase, look small. I think letting Manish punch himself out with these hit pieces can be pretty effective. The Patriots had a beat guy named Ron Borges who did this same trolling shtick to Belichick early on, and it ended Borges’ career when Belichick started winning Super Bowls. Let Gase win and Manish will meet a similar fate. Judging by how increasingly sporadically we see his articles get c&p’d over here, it appears that his impact is waning and the base isn’t even entertained by his tripe anymore. He’s yelling at clouds.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Why this Manish Mehta beast is simply inventing everything. My word, Adam Gase is a wonderful man. His players LOVE him. He is the leader they have dreamt of.

He takes as much pride in the New York defense as much as the offense. He simply ADORES the media and they love him right back.

I don't know WHERE this young man is getting his factoids, but the New York Jet offense is BETTER under our Adam. They're number one in the league. Can you imagine the GALL of this young man to state that the New York footballers are doing poorly on the offensive when they are outscoring Manchester United, Chelsea AND the lads from Arsenal COMBINED? It's terrible. Simply terrible.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

Until these asshat beat guys start posing difficult, critical questions at the press conferences..they can stuff their soap opera drama crap. Gase sucks. 

That’s the odd part: the team is bad, has inexcusably lost to several awful teams, and is going to finish 6-10:7-9. There are a lot of legitimately damning stories to write about Gase, but that’d take some actual legwork, some journalistic effort, and some actual talent to write in an interesting way. 

52 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Honestly one of the most insane and baseless hit pieces I’ve ever read. Even if you hate Gase this article is a pile of trash. Who ever wrote that should be fired. I can’t believe this was published by a real source. 

Typical Manish. Don't know why anyone bothers to read this guy, never mind posting it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Manish reported that Adams doesn’t care about fan criticism because he’s rich as sh*t? First of all, no sh*t: if you’re a professional coach or athlete and you worry about the idiot fan base, you’re a rube with rabbit ears. Secondly, Adams explicitly tells you he doesn’t care about “the haters” every day on Instagram and/or Twitter. Third, Gase has an axe to grind with Gase for getting Maccagnan fired and he’s in turbo meltdown mode because Gase has kept the team together enough to go 5-2 in his last seven, consolidating his power within the organization, which directly impacts Manish. When was the last time Manish had an actual personnel-related scoop that indicated he has an iota of access to anyone inside the building? Mehta’s whole shtick is built around access, and he’s been frozen out. And when you’re frozen out, you’re stuck writing articles about the boring on-the-field stuff or human interest stories that don’t get clicks, which is fine if you’re writing for The Athletic or one of the local Long Island papers, but Manish works for an NYC tabloid already in financial distress and wants no part of being a grunt beat reporter, like Costello, where you cover the Jets for a bit, then have to cover, like, golf to make ends meet. Manish sows discord because he needs access, and the best way to get it is by interviewing disgruntled weasels. He didn’t get those stories when the team was 1-7, and he especially won’t get those stories now that the team is 5-2. This is an existential crisis for Manish, and what you’re now seeing with articles like this is stark, raw, flare-gun level desperation.

Is he looking to force a truce by getting some tidbit of information and to be included in the "loop" again? Is this his means to an end? He will end the hatchet jobs with a brokering of  information?

It seems entirely too coincidental that actual football on the field for this organization ends in 5 days, and without sources or inside info will be left waving in the breeze.

It is very obvious that the Jets have closed ranks on certain media, and media people. It can be a dangerous way to go unless you are successful (see Belichick and Reid).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s the odd part: the team is bad, has inexcusably lost to several awful teams, and is going to finish 6-10:7-9. There are a lot of legitimately damning stories to write about Gase, but that’d take some actual legwork, some journalistic effort, and some actual talent to write in an interesting way. 

Or how about...just knowing a goddamned thing about football? Not one question about changing up the o-line prior to game1 to a line with no time together sans 1 week of practice. Not one question as to why throw the ball all day against the worst run defense (Cin) in the league? Not one question about not having a serviceable backup QB? Nope, none of that....but let's ask question after question about rumors and twitter tirades. So sick of these "football" reporters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just hate the infringement on Freedom of the Press and I think it’d make the Jets, and Gase, look small. I think letting Manish punch himself out with these hit pieces can be pretty effective. The Patriots had a beat guy named Ron Borges who did this same trolling shtick to Belichick early on, and it ended Borges’ career when Belichick started winning Super Bowls. Let Gase win and Manish will meet a similar fate. Judging by how increasingly sporadically we see his articles get c&p’d over here, it appears that his impact is waning and the base isn’t even entertained by his tripe anymore. He’s yelling at clouds.

tenor.gif?itemid=12558964

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

This seems like a garbage hit piece by Manish. I'm not a Gase fan but Manish has some kind of agenda against him and it's not related to his coaching IMO. 

We might've been able to avoid all this if Manish wasn't lobbying for him during the hiring process. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Is he looking to force a truce by getting some tidbit of information and to be included in the "loop" again? Is this his means to an end? He will end the hatchet jobs with a brokering of  information?

It seems entirely too coincidental that actual football on the field for this organization ends in 5 days, and without sources or inside info will be left waving in the breeze.

It is very obvious that the Jets have closed ranks on certain media, and media people. It can be a dangerous way to go unless you are successful (see Belichick and Reid).

My guess is that he wants to signal that he’d be a willing co-conspirator with anyone inside the building that wants to get Gase fired. If, say, Darnold’s people or Gregg Williams wanted him out, Manish would happily turn any shred of disparaging information into a 1,500 word back-page screen calling for Gase’s head. I’ve said all season, it’s fairly incredible that he can’t get anyone inside to give him anything substantive—not even a Luke Falk or anyone from the Osemele or Enunwa circles. It’s a week until this dread season is over, Gase is clearly and proudly an abrasive guy, and the silver bullet that Mehta is able to produce is that Gase jokes about being too wealthy to care about mean tweets from a pack of performatively angry fans? That’s all you have after eight months of a brutal season? It’s gotta be terrifying to be Manish Mehta these days. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This seems like a garbage hit piece by Manish. I'm not a Gase fan but Manish has some kind of agenda against him and it's not related to his coaching IMO. 

it’s related to not having sources anymore since Gase got his bottom bitch fired.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that he wants to signal that he’d be a willing co-conspirator with anyone inside the building that wants to get Gase fired. If, say, Darnold’s people or Gregg Williams wanted him out, Manish would happily turn any shred of disparaging information into a 1,500 word back-page screen calling for Gase’s head. I’ve said all season, it’s fairly incredible that he can’t get anyone inside to give him anything substantive—not even a Luke Falk or anyone from the Osemele or Enunwa circles. It’s a week until this dread season is over, Gase is clearly and proudly an abrasive guy, and the silver bullet that Mehta is able to produce is that Gase jokes about being too wealthy to care about mean tweets from a pack of performatively angry fans? That’s all you have after eight months of a brutal season? It’s gotta be terrifying to be Manish Mehta these days. 

Shane is negative about: Everything 

Shane is positive about: John Idzik, Adam Gase

Merry Christmas, you ******* pervert.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1