Gase: I’m rich as f--k

Adam Gase sucks and is a bad coach but there are plenty of ways to prove that without going this low. He’s an abrasive jerk in most of his pressers but you can’t take that personally as a journalist. This isn’t a “hit job” because there isn’t one revelation in it that is a jaw dropping moment. It’s all meh. Just don’t read the Jets columnists. 

• Upvote 1

There’s 32 of these jobs in the world ...Gase should be rich as f”#k...good for him , he could make 100 million a year for all I care ....Mehta going personal on these guys is disgusting...where’s Dr. D David Shultz when you need him .

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I like it.  Not the article, but the HC’s response.  You have idiots paying $$$ for “Joker” billboards right before Christmas.  Perfect response IMO is f-ck those idiots, I’m rich as f-ck.

This would be my response also ....anyone who says they wouldn’t say the same thing is lying . 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So to be clear, if this is true, you're perfectly fine with Gase telling fans criticizing him he's rich as F? 

Who cares, if he even ever did?  What does it change?  How many HCs, Managers etc give a flying F what fans think?  

And of course when did anyone ever heard or read that Gase said this to fans?  

• Upvote 1

maneesh is such a punk.  not that everyone should just blindly follow what gase is doing but the simple fact is he's the current head coach and will be for at least another season.  give him his due.  his team won way more than they should have given the extent of the injuries.  as for the crqcks about williams, he's here as assistant hc defense.  gase has given williams the reigns to control the dfense the way he sees fit.  the only friction will come during the draft and when douglas allocates the money for free agency.  douglas will be the referee in these matters.

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Honestly one of the most insane and baseless hit pieces I’ve ever read. Even if you hate Gase this article is a pile of trash. Who ever wrote that should be fired. I can’t believe this was published by a real source. 

Thank you for saying what I would have said.

48 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Meh - Kill Gase on merit.

I don't mind that the coach says what's plainly obvious.  The team was sh*t to begin with, and worse when decimated by injuries.  I also don't mind that a coach doesn't care what fans think, because, fans are stupid.

I'm just not on board for personal hit pieces, and pretending like the last 5 drafts didn't happen.  Gase isn't an idiot, sorry, he's not.  He knows he took the job of a team that was a ******* mess, and he knows it's going to take a while to get out of it.  That should be considered as independent of whether or not he's a good coach.

2015: Leonard Williams, Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Bryce Petty, Jarvis Harrison, Deon Smith

2016: Darron Lee, Christian Hackenberg, Jordan Jenkins, Juston Burris, Brandon Shell, Lac Edwards, Charone Peake

2017: Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jordan Leggett, Dylan Donahue, Elijah McGuire, Jeremy Clark, Derrick Jones

2018: Sam Darnold, Nathan Shepherd, Chris Herndon, Parry Nickerson, Folorunso Fatukasi, Trenton Cannon

2019: Quinnen Williams, Jachai Polite, Chuma Edoga, Trevon Wesco, Blake Cashman, Blessuan Austin

No one was ever competing with this sh*t.

1) 100% agree on mehta and hit pieces. My comment was more to troll Shane since we've gone back and forth about Gase on multiple occasions.

2) Gase was going to take the job no matter what. His first choice had already hired their guy, and the Johnsons threw lots of money at him. See: "I'm rich as ****"

3) My issue isn't with his failure to win here, for the obvious reasons you put out above. In fact, you can probably dig up my posts from the preseason in which I said that I don't care about wins and losses this year; I just want him to show us that he's learned from his failures in Miami so he can develop Sam and give us an offense. Instead, everything to date with him has been a continuation of his time in Miami - thereby, killing him on merit. 

I'd actually like your thoughts on my posts in another thread (below) given past discussions. Admittedly it's long and I get not caring to go through it, but if you're inclined, would be interesting to see how you agree/disagree. 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Mehta sucks and is a tool who defended Bowles and Macagnan forever but Gase has not had a good season the fact that jets fans are celebrating 7-9 with an easy schedule is nauseating 

Mehta defended Mac and wasn't critical of his draft picking skill. 

but his point is to get clicks to justify his $80k a year salary.    it works with stuff like this.

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I can imagine Gase saying this in jest one or twice. I have a hard time believing this is a real attitude he has that he repeats with any consistency or that there's any basis for this to be a real article.

i'd tell Manish i make more in coaching one game than you make in 2 years writing your drivel.

There isn't much this guy can do or say until after the conclusion of the 2020 season for me to say, "ok, get rid of him".  I don't care what he says.  I don't care how cocky he is.  I don't care if he tells everyone in his path to "go ****" themselves...if we can get a full roster and win more than 8 games next year, I am in and sold...I can't keep doing this rotating door bullsh*t.  Enough is enough.  

Newsflash: successful people (see: Jordan, Tiger Woods, Belichick, Parcells, etc) are ******* assholes.  That's how it works. 

If you are not ok with that, then the problem is yours...

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Mehta defended Mac and wasn't critical of his draft picking skill. 

but his point is to get clicks to justify his $80k a year salary.    it works with stuff like this.

Mehta lost all credibility years ago when he pretended like Bowles knew what he was doing

Ditto for Vachiano and Costello

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Manish’s agenda is often driven by who tells him stuff and who gives him access to inside info.  This article tells me that gase is so arrogant he is comfortable telling manish to go f himself, so manish wants him gone to get another shill he can pump for info.

Mehta is an eagles fan who could give a sh t about the jets.  Bowles and Macagnan gave him interviews on the ray so ofcourse he’s bitter

I don;t care if my coach does not care about media or fans.

I just want him to win and make the team good.

Adam Gase has failed as I expected he would.  There is no disputing the facts that we ARE worse on offense in almost every single stat that matters.

He is not going to change he didn't change from his underachievement in Miami.

The risk of keeping such a coach is two fold. 

One he can screw up the QB.

Two he can start dumping useful players because he thinks he is a gm as well as coach.

He will get his three years minimum but it will just be wasting time.

I think he is terrible, some say he is not that bad, I would be astounded if anyone even on this forum tells me with a straight face that he is a 'Good' coach.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I posited that there was a Dinger v Macc schism and there’d eventually be a coup attempt, but I don’t see then why Manish would be so pro-Maccagnan to this day if Heimerdinger was his guy

He isn't pro-mac right now, he is anti Jets. So he is going to write the opposite of whatever the Jets do. Fire Mac... terrible decision. He was long Anti-Mac until the Mac firing... then he turned pro-Mac