Gase: I’m rich as f--k

Hit-pieces, no matter how true, aren't needed.

We are one of the 2-3 worst Offenses in the NFL.  Gase will finish this year with 4 bottom-of-NFL finishes in his four years as an NFL Head Coach.

Till that changes, it's the only "insult" of "offensive genius" Gase that is needed.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

wooooo boy! ... the things I wake up to. OKAY.

heres PK’s take...

This was pretty ugly. I have to agree with the majority here.

When you get personal with someone you don’t know, over THIS, and you basically call out a man’s character in every way, shape or form... yeah too far, imho.

I think the worst part about this is the fact that we all know why he’s doing this. Maccagnan was Manish’s source and now he’s been axed because of “Adam Gase” even though if he was actually GOOD as his job, he wouldn’t of been fired, Gase involved or not.

its spiteful, it’s too much and we’re all too old to engage and enjoy in someone’s game of he said/she said. The you get the same vibe out of this article as you would High School gossip about that one girl from Prom Night.

the issue is, this isn’t beneath Manish like it should be. He’s okay with being a child instead of taking the challenge of being a beat writer and writing actual stories (juicy or not) over writing straight off the source of the GM. That’s really what this is about. Gase made his job harder and now Manish it out for revenge. Manish was tweeting about how much he loved the Adam Gase hire for like 2 weeks straight and everything was dandy until Mike Maccagnan was axed. 

Pretty sad and pathetic. There has to be some sort of line being crossed here. I’m honestly tired of Mehta personally attacking people we hire, player or coach, and I’m tired of all the media deterring he does in the offseason. The way he attacked Mike McCarthy and tried to scare him away was awful. I wanted Mike McCarthy so bad, so for him to play around like that, I damn near wanted to punch the f*cker thru my phone screen. That’s foul play.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mehta going personal on these guys is pretty disgusting. If you’re going to make these claims, you have to at least get a source to go on the record, otherwise you’re just spreading gossip. 

Mehta is the worst kind of journalist.  He injects himself into the story and allows his biases to not only show through, but to become the story.  He hates Gase, and that is ok, he does not have to like everyone he covers.  But as a journalist he should be fair and unbiased, and he so clearly is not. 

NYDN shoudl be embarrassed for the personal crusades they allow him to pursue, but he gets clicks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

1) 100% agree on mehta and hit pieces. My comment was more to troll Shane since we've gone back and forth about Gase on multiple occasions.

2) Gase was going to take the job no matter what. His first choice had already hired their guy, and the Johnsons threw lots of money at him. See: "I'm rich as ****"

3) My issue isn't with his failure to win here, for the obvious reasons you put out above. In fact, you can probably dig up my posts from the preseason in which I said that I don't care about wins and losses this year; I just want him to show us that he's learned from his failures in Miami so he can develop Sam and give us an offense. Instead, everything to date with him has been a continuation of his time in Miami - thereby, killing him on merit. 

I'd actually like your thoughts on my posts in another thread (below) given past discussions. Admittedly it's long and I get not caring to go through it, but if you're inclined, would be interesting to see how you agree/disagree. 

I took a look through.  Here's what I think, as I've said before, in general.  I think, in coaching, like in everything else, there's a bell curve.  There's a handful of geniuses, a handful of guys who absolutely don't belong, and the vast majority of people who fall somewhere in the middle.  I tend to think Gase is probably one of those people.

You talk about the struggles of the offense.  Obviously, this is factually correct.  However, in my view, there's only one player on this offense I'd miss if he were gone.  His name is not Sam Darnold.  It's Robby Anderson.  Anderson's the only guy that another team actually has to account for.  Darnold, regardless of what anyone things he may be at some point, isn't a 4 draft pick QB today.  The offensive line is abysmal - worst-ish in the league bad.  Leveon Bell does not look good, and he's largely negated by the offensive line.  The TE with potential has missed the whole season.  Crowder is fine, I guess.  My expectations aren't really anything better than what we're getting.  I don't think Gase, or many, can turn this into a high powered offense.

In sum, I'm not as down on Gase because I'm extremely down on the roster.  Nothing I've seen this year changes that, unfortunately.  And, it's why I think we're 2 years away from competitive, IF Darnold improves, and more if he doesn't.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

who cares?

this is getting out of hand.

The Jets are in the midst of a 9 year drought for playoff appearances - until they actually do something noteworthy of a positive angle such as "winning", this type of reporting will continue.  

Al freaking Davis said it best,

"Just win baby"

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Does anyone think BB cares about the opinions of pats* fans? BB slept with his best friends wife so my vote is no, fans don't care about that and care even less about manish

For those that want him fired now, do you really trust the Johnsons to hire an upgrade? to keep GW maybe they name Williams HC and Gase OC since it's also now clear that Kitchens was not the brains of the clowns resurgence last year.  But we should get used to at least one more year of Gase unless Sam has issues. 

At the end of the day it's the Coaches job to win games, Gase rightfully fried Mac last year and there should be no excuses next year 

28 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I took a look through.  Here's what I think, as I've said before, in general.  I think, in coaching, like in everything else, there's a bell curve.  There's a handful of geniuses, a handful of guys who absolutely don't belong, and the vast majority of people who fall somewhere in the middle.  I tend to think Gase is probably one of those people.

You talk about the struggles of the offense.  Obviously, this is factually correct.  However, in my view, there's only one player on this offense I'd miss if he were gone.  His name is not Sam Darnold.  It's Robby Anderson.  Anderson's the only guy that another team actually has to account for.  Darnold, regardless of what anyone things he may be at some point, isn't a 4 draft pick QB today.  The offensive line is abysmal - worst-ish in the league bad.  Leveon Bell does not look good, and he's largely negated by the offensive line.  The TE with potential has missed the whole season.  Crowder is fine, I guess.  My expectations aren't really anything better than what we're getting.  I don't think Gase, or many, can turn this into a high powered offense.

In sum, I'm not as down on Gase because I'm extremely down on the roster.  Nothing I've seen this year changes that, unfortunately.  And, it's why I think we're 2 years away from competitive, IF Darnold improves, and more if he doesn't.

Essentially, you're forgoing his time in Miami and only looking at what's happening here. That's fine, and if I were doing that, I'd agree with just about everything you've said. FWIW, my approach with all of the first time HCs and GMs we've had over the years has always been to preach patience. Again though, my biggest issue with Gase is that he isn't a first time HC, therefore he only gets the benefit of Macc's handicap for this season. I've clearly done my hw and thought about this enough to know that he's still doing the same things here that he did in Miami and getting the same results. He's on year 6 as HC/OC of proving that without Peyton, achieving mediocrity is his greatest skill, and I'm not thrilled that he's doing it here.

For the first time in my life, the Jets have a shot at a FQB. However big or small that shot is, this is the only time that I've actually felt that we have a chance. Time is not a luxury we have. We have a tight window in which we need to assess Sam as a FQB so that we can fill in Nash's equilibrium and avoid either mistakenly re-upping him at a detriment to our cap or letting him go because we're not sure about him.

I want a guy who gives us a chance to extract that information out of the situation. I don't believe Gase moves that needle for Sam based on the aggregate history of his time as HC/OC. I don't have an answer for who I'd rather have at the moment, but I know it's not Gase, just like there were so many on here who knew Macc wasn't the guy for us even if they didn't have an alternative. 

All that said, I know he's going to get another year, and of course we're rooting for his success because it's the team's success, but unfortunately based on 6 years of data, I don't think he'll find it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Essentially, you're forgoing his time in Miami and only looking at what's happening here. That's fine, and if I were doing that, I'd agree with just about everything you've said. FWIW, my approach with all of the first time HCs and GMs we've had over the years has always been to preach patience. Again though, my biggest issue with Gase is that he isn't a first time HC, therefore he only gets the benefit of Macc's handicap for this season. I've clearly done my hw and thought about this enough to know that he's still doing the same things here that he did in Miami and getting the same results. He's on year 6 as HC/OC of proving that without Peyton, achieving mediocrity is his greatest skill, and I'm not thrilled that he's doing it here.

For the first time in my life, the Jets have a shot at a FQB. However big or small that shot is, this is the only time that I've actually felt that we have a chance. Time is not a luxury we have. We have a tight window in which we need to assess Sam as a FQB so that we can fill in Nash's equilibrium and avoid either mistakenly re-upping him at a detriment to our cap or letting him go because we're not sure about him.

I want a guy who gives us a chance to extract that information out of the situation. I don't believe Gase moves that needle for Sam based on the aggregate history of his time as HC/OC. I don't have an answer for who I'd rather have at the moment, but I know it's not Gase, just like there were so many on here who knew Macc wasn't the guy for us even if they didn't have an alternative. 

All that said, I know he's going to get another year, and of course we're rooting for his success because it's the team's success, but unfortunately based on 6 years of data, I don't think he'll find it. 

And, I simply think that if Joe Douglas drafts well, He'll/We'll find success.  If he doesn't, He/We wont.  Miami has 4 wins this season - I don't think Gase was the problem.

Sounds like a power struggle in the organization.  Hit piece, Ed Reed comment, Matt Miller tweet.  All on the cuff of a strong finish.  Someone is angling to bring Gase down from within?

Top guesses:

1) Jamal Adams: just feels like this one makes sense

2) Gregg Williams, wants to be head coach, can’t stand Gase

3) Hymie Elhai: would be the worst case scenario if true

4) Joe Douglas:  I know but crazier sh*t has happened.  Paving the way for his own hire

Any other guesses?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

wooooo boy! ... the things I wake up to. OKAY.

heres PK’s take...

This was pretty ugly. I have to agree with the majority here.

When you get personal with someone you don’t know, over THIS, and you basically call out a man’s character in every way, shape or form... yeah too far, imho.

I think the worst part about this is the fact that we all know why he’s doing this. Maccagnan was Manish’s source and now he’s been axed because of “Adam Gase” even though if he was actually GOOD as his job, he wouldn’t of been fired, Gase involved or not.

its spiteful, it’s too much and we’re all too old to engage and enjoy in someone’s game of he said/she said. The you get the same vibe out of this article as you would High School gossip about that one girl from Prom Night.

the issue is, this isn’t beneath Manish like it should be. He’s okay with being a child instead of taking the challenge of being a beat writer and writing actual stories (juicy or not) over writing straight off the source of the GM. That’s really what this is about. Gase made his job harder and now Manish it out for revenge. Manish was tweeting about how much he loved the Adam Gase hire for like 2 weeks straight and everything was dandy until Mike Maccagnan was axed. 

Pretty sad and pathetic. There has to be some sort of line being crossed here. I’m honestly tired of Mehta personally attacking people we hire, player or coach, and I’m tired of all the media deterring he does in the offseason. The way he attacked Mike McCarthy and tried to scare him away was awful. I wanted Mike McCarthy so bad, so for him to play around like that, I damn near wanted to punch the f*cker thru my phone screen. That’s foul play.

Bottom line is that you’re not going to have some prolific Offense with an OL that can’t pass block and can’t even run block which also eliminates even being able to play action for a QB.

Darnold had the least amount of time to throw the ball of any QB in the league.

These aren’t excuses, they’re facts.

Maccagnan left the Jets with one of the worst rosters in the league.  He was pure garbage...a failed scout..and then a failed GM (how does that even happen?? Haha...from failed scout to failed GM? Only can happen if your owner’s last name is Johnson).  The guy will probably NEVER work in the NFL again, in any capacity.  That right there says it all as to his competence.

I’d like to see the numbers on Gase’s offense if the Luke Falk games are stripped out.

Mehta comes off as petty and being nothing more than a trouble maker by writing this type of column.

49 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And, I simply think that if Joe Douglas drafts well, He'll/We'll find success.  If he doesn't, He/We wont. 

??

49 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Miami has 4 wins this season - I don't think Gase was the problem.

I wouldn’t absolve Macc of his failures if Douglass doesn’t pan out, just as I’m not absolving Gase of his in Miami for similar reasons.

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Gase also has said behind closed doors that his “Give-A-Sh--t meter” is low when it comes to critics

Excellent. 

We don't need a coach that gives a crap about what the media or some random but driver who spends his days calling WFAN  thinks about the team.