Gregg Wililams deserves all of the credit

BallinPB

15 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Can anyone pull up our offensive stats with Darnold in the lineup? I feel like those 3 Falk games will really skew the numbers.

It only raises us in the offensive rankings from 28th to 20th.

What was eye opening when looking at that, was actually how bad our rushing attack is compared to league average. Dead last two in almost every category of rushing. 

No threat of the run, no hope to pass. Tried and true football knowhow people here choose to ignore just to drive their hate for Darnold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Gase deserves no credit for our mediocre 6-9 records.  His "offense" is ranked 28th in points for and dead last in yards.  You can give me the we have no offensive line or lack of playmakers excuse.  That would be valid if were say 20th in the league.  For someone whose mentality is offense to once again have one of his teams ranked so low is not an anomaly.  Gase is consistent with all of his teams in this regard.

Gregg Williams who took over this defense and had his linebacking core decimated by injuries, trotting out CB's who wouldn't start on other teams in this league has this defense ranked 19th in points for and 7th in yards allowed.  His defense is the sole reason we are competitive in most of these games.  

Williams should be the head coach of this team and Gase should be shown the door.  No doubt in my mind that we will have a better offense with a different offensive coordinator because there is no where to go but up.  

I apologize for starting another thread but the Gase praise on this board is making me sick.  

You are 100% right!!

G Williams gets no respect while his def takes over games and plays way above their talent.

Gase meanwhile is a professional excuse maker.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The op is correct.

OMG how is Gase supposed to field a team with Falk at QB!

Meanwhile Williams has no CBs, his ILB talent is injured and he is making UDFA and 6th rounders excellent players on the Dline.

Williams took a unit with suspect talent and injures and has made it competent to good.

Gase took a unit with suspect talent and injuries and made it into the worst unit in the league.

funny how other teams can compete and win with backup QB's...

Gase Off gameplan is terrible and we dont score, hell we dont even go for scores most drives..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Every week I see a stat line of 1 or 2 TDS and maybe an INT every other week for Sam.  Averaging roughly 225 yds per game. (Stat is off the top of the head).  He has to play better.  Sam has never had a game Jones had yesterday in his career.  I’m still waiting for it.  

Of all opponents you choose the Redskins? Sam did throw 4 touchdowns vs the Redskins without overtime and without a back that can take a five yard hitch to the house. He could have easily thrown 5. A little perspective here. That's all. I'm not even saying Daniel Jones isn't better, but he does have a better offensive line, better wide receiving core and a better running back when healthy.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Kind of a weird time for one isn’t it?

You would think most Jet fans would be pretty happy after the last few weeks, but apparently not.

“The Jets are going to end the season on a 6-2 run and I hate myself.”

—SOJF Christmas Misery, 2019

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Kind of a weird time for one isn’t it?

You would think most Jet fans would be pretty happy after the last few weeks, but apparently not.

We're Jets fans

Never happy.

I swear if we were to win a SB they would moan that we barely won.

And of course F Gase & the Johnsons.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The all or nothingness of this board is truly magnificent. 

It's a reflection of all social disagreement in our country. If it's not binary, it's not simple. If it's not simple, then simple people can't feel smart when attacking the opposition. The more information we have at our disposal, the further we run away from it. The more our lifestyles set us up for a higher level of consciousness, the more we revert to the primitive, instinctive levels of consciousness.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Its a QB driven league. The offense goes as the QB goes...

But... if the QB is only capable of driving towards 21 points, it helps to have a defense step up and hold the opposition to less. It's a team-based league. You aren't winning sh*t without a QB, because they are the lynchpin to team play. You have to win in all 3 phases though... as cliche as it is to say.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Gase deserves no credit for our mediocre 6-9 records.  His "offense" is ranked 28th in points for and dead last in yards.  You can give me the we have no offensive line or lack of playmakers excuse.  That would be valid if were say 20th in the league.  For someone whose mentality is offense to once again have one of his teams ranked so low is not an anomaly.  Gase is consistent with all of his teams in this regard.

Gregg Williams who took over this defense and had his linebacking core decimated by injuries, trotting out CB's who wouldn't start on other teams in this league has this defense ranked 19th in points for and 7th in yards allowed.  His defense is the sole reason we are competitive in most of these games.  

Williams should be the head coach of this team and Gase should be shown the door.  No doubt in my mind that we will have a better offense with a different offensive coordinator because there is no where to go but up.  

I apologize for starting another thread but the Gase praise on this board is making me sick.  

Your 100 % right I wanted to start this thread all the Gase praise is BS. The guy has the worst ranked offense over the last 4 years if the Jets had a average DC this team goes 1 -15  I hoping after the Jets miss the playoffs next year all these Gase lovers wake up and realize what a abomination Gase is.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's a reflection of all social disagreement in our country. If it's not binary, it's not simple. If it's not simple, then simple people can't feel smart when attacking the opposition. The more information we have at our disposal, the further we run away from it. The more our lifestyles set us up for a higher level of consciousness, the more we revert to the primitive, instinctive levels of consciousness.

I like cake. 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

But... if the QB is only capable of driving towards 21 points, it helps to have a defense step up and hold the opposition to less. It's a team-based league. You aren't winning sh*t without a QB, because they are the lynchpin to team play. You have to win in all 3 phases though... as cliche as it is to say.

The idea that a QB is the only factor when it comes to scoring points oversimplifies the game.  Yet so many blame the QB.  Or give out too much credit.  As you say, it’s a team game.  But I’ve always said, we have a need for a singular target

18 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Your 100 % right I wanted to start this thread all the Gase praise is BS. The guy has the worst ranked offense over the last 4 years if the Jets had a average DC this team goes 1 -15  I hoping after the Jets miss the playoffs next year all these Gase lovers wake up and realize what a abomination Gase is.

We have a worse ranked offense because 4 games were played without a healthy or NFL QB.  A healthy Sam playing those 4 games and the numbers are different.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We have a worse ranked offense because 4 games were played without a healthy or NFL QB.  A healthy Sam playing those 4 games and the numbers are different.

100% 

Let's say he plays and wins just 2 of those games. Just 2. 

Then the whole season has a different light.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

If you're going to compare offense numbers league wide to ours then you MUST take into consideration that for 3-4 weeks (memory fails me :) ) we had a PSQB! 

A PS QB selected by Gase. And Coached by Gase.

As if we’re the only team that had to spot play a lesser QB. Did you see Duck this last weekend? I did. Injuries happen, great coaches figure it out.

So IMHO you pure numbers guys are cherry picking possibly because you dislike Gase.   

You seem to dislike facts. Most Gase fans do, because the facts so universally show Gase to be a poor NFL Head Coach, especially on Offense. So since facts are bad, you go with feelings. Feelings can be anything you want, unlike facts. I get it.

None the less I agree that Williams has been OUTSTANDING.  

He’s done something with the low talent unit he has. At least it’s something, aye.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You seem to dislike facts. Most Gase fans do, because the facts so universally show Gase to be a poor NFL Head Coach, especially on Offense. So since facts are bad, you go with feelings. Feelings can be anything you want, unlike facts. I get it.

Being a .500 HC, under 4 seasons and pretty much never having a team for even one season, especially at the most important position in sports is a hard way to rate what that coach is.  Those are facts.  He may ultimately be garbage, not sure yet. 

Merry Christmas ? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Being a .500 HC,

He's not. 

His record is 29-34.  That's .460.

under 4 seasons

1 game under 4 full seasons.  1 winning season.  3 losing seasons. 

24, 25, 31, 32 Offensive Rankings.

and pretty much never having a team for even one season,

No one in the NFL has a perfect, pristine, uninjured team for a season.  

especially at the most important position in sports

Seems Tanny is doing ok (again).  Best offensive production pre-Gase and now post-Gase.  

is a hard way to rate what that coach is.

So how many years till we can tell?  He's at four now.  Five?  Or is that too soon as well?  Six?  

I think it's fair to ask, how many years does it take to get this gist of a Coach.  I think four is plenty.  We're gonna see five in 2020.  I would hope five is enough to know what we got.

He may ultimately be garbage, not sure yet.

We can only judge by what we've seen to-date.  None of us are fortune tellers, cool as that may be.

Merry Christmas ? 

To you, your cool son, and all of your family as well Nut.  Be well, be happy, slainte!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's not. 

His record is 29-34.  That's .460.

1 game under 4 full seasons.  1 winning season.  3 losing seasons. 

24, 25, 31, 32 Offensive Rankings.

No one in the NFL has a perfect, pristine, uninjured team for a season.  

Seems Tanny is doing ok (again).  Best offensive production pre-Gase and now post-Gase.  

So how many years till we can tell?  He's at four now.  Five?  Or is that too soon as well?  Six?  

I think it's fair to ask, how many years does it take to get this gist of a Coach.  I think four is plenty.  We're gonna see five in 2020.  I would hope five is enough to know what we got.

We can only judge by what we've seen to-date.  None of us are fortune tellers, cool as that may be.

To you, your cool son, and all of your family as well Nut.  Be well, be happy, slainte!

I rounded off, almost 4 years, close enough to .500.  Be charitable, it’s Christmas.  Again, Merry Christmas to you and yours too, mate. 

• Upvote 1

give williams his due.  he got the defense playing at a level that few would've thought in august.  but the team can win game one without scoring points and like it or not, the offense is playing for gase.  they've made some significant strides from when darnold was out and the large number of oline injuries.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:58 PM, The Crusher said:

The all or nothingness of this board is truly magnificent. 

The good old fan purity tests. Watch how quickly Adams goes from fan favorite to “Jamoney Adam$$$ the selfish mercenary” when he asks to be paid like the elite player fans proclaim him to be.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:26 PM, Integrity28 said:

We unbanned @Hackenberg - Banned for Christmas. How nice.

• Haha 1