Adam Gase - Burner Account? MERGED

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wyatt is TOM SHANE making excuses for GASE!

plot twist: It's actually Manish's burner account pretending to be a Gase burner account so he can burn him with it when he wants to.

Me, at 9a this morning: Yikes, Manish is sad. Can web content get any lower?    Max, twenty minutes ago: OoOoOoH tWiTtEr tHiS iS spiiiiicy 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, freestater said:

Lol...even national guys making comments..

I wonder what the Jets will do about this.  They shouldn't make a statement but if I
was Chris Johnson I would have my legal department go after the Daily News.  I mean
what's next for Mehta, he'll post a picture of him with a black eye saying Gase hit
him???

3 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I would think at minimum they have to temporarily pull his credentials pending investigation, if it turns out Mehta did this the NYDN should fire him immediately but if they don’t the Jets absolutely have to ban him permanently, he basically went after the coach’s 9 year old son ..if it’s me that guy can’t be in the same room as me I’ll tel you that much , very bad things would happen . 

How are they going to confirm/deny it was him? Twitter isn’t going to reveal his IP address-It’s not like Wyatt did anything illegal. 

It’s honestly probably some dude on the internet getting a kick out of this whole thing.

I have never seen ANYTHING bring this fan base so together. Not even winning.  

Manish is a great entertainer, which is Pretty much what all journalism is today - Entertainment. 

if it’s him (which I doubt) its a win. - he isn’t going anywhere, nor should he. 

• Thumb Down 9
14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have never seen ANYTHING bring this fan base so together. Not even winning.  

Manish is a great entertainer, which is Pretty much what all journalism is today - Entertainment. 

if it’s him (which I doubt) its a win. - he isn’t going anywhere, nor should he. 

Yeah, truth and integrity should not be a part of journalism, it should just be clown-car entertainment.

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Manish should have his Jets credentials pulled.  I don't know what type of newspaper would tolerate this nonsense as he has lost whatever little credibility he had.

How can he even step foot in the building now that everyone knows?  Yikes.  He needs to resign.  NYDN must be loving all the attention, so he won't.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yeah, truth and integrity should not be a part of journalism, it should just be clown-car entertainment.

I agree with you, It absolutely should have integrity - all I was saying is there isn’t any.

Even at the highest levels of journalism integrity  just doesn't exist anymore.  

If it doesn't’ exist with things that matter how can you expect someone like Manish, covering something as trivial as a crappy NFL football team be expected to adhere to any type of standard?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

While I agree with you, it's not like the legitimate media is terribly full of "truth and integrity" these days.

All media is opinion-media these days, and historic media ethics is dead as dead can be.

Be first, create the story if there is no story, and definitely don't be objective.  Bias sells.  Modern media in a nutshell.

With that said, if the account is Manish, he absolutely should be fired immediately.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, KRL said:

So true!!!  Unfortunate that people have become so jaded that they don't care about truth and

accuracy anymore

Mehta is a by-product of the shock-journalism age. He is from the Philadelphia market and grew up on sports shock-jock Angelo Cataldi. Cataldi is famous for whipping up the Philly fan-base on conspiracy theory type rants, with little or no basis in facts. 

Mehta is a sometimes guest on his show, and I am sure Mehta aspires to be like Cataldi. But, Cataldi did have a journalism background and was once a good writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer. This something Mehta does not have. He is a hack.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

While I agree with you, it's not like the legitimate media is terribly full of "truth and integrity" these days.

All media is opinion-media these days, and historic media ethics is dead as dead can be.

Be first, create the story if there is no story, and definitely don't be objective.  Bias sells.  Modern media in a nutshell.

With that said, if the account is Manish, he absolutely should be fired immediately.

Mehta is at a whole other level. He makes himself part of the story, and seems to hold personal bias as a basis for reporting. Granted, everyone does that to a part, Mehta takes it a whole other level.

Remember when he basically called Mo Wilkerson an "alcoholic"? 

I am sure some coaches and brass have used Mehta as a mouthpiece to disseminate their agendas, but that does not appear to be Gase's style. And that is probably why Mehta has such a dislike for him. He has lost inside scoop of being the Jets piss boy microphone. 

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Manish didn’t do this......

It really doesn't matter if he did. There is sweet poetic justice in this: he either did something terrible and should be fired or someone has finally fed him a bit of his own medicine. 

There is a reason all of the Jet community - former players, the other beat writers, and the fandom (except apparently this site's official handle, which let me down) are willing this to be true. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I so want this to be true. And there's a pretty good chance that it is.

It's pretty clear that Gase hates Manish - no surprise there - but it's also clear that the other beat writers have zero respect for Manish.

He makes their profession look bad, and it's a tough enough job as it is. The fans are generally going to hate you unless you are a cheerleader for the team, and that's just not your job.

Guys like Cimini get a bad rap simply for being objective about the team, which has generally meant saying negative things about the team for most of its existence.

But Manish takes it to a whole other, and completely unprofessional, level. It's always personal with him, and some of the tactics he has used to attack coaches have been pathetic.

It looks like the other beat writers have now had enough, and are referencing Manish's unprofessional behaviour on Twitter.

Brian Coz said something about it "being more about who asked the question" when Gase refused to engage with Manish's question on Bell.

The beat writers know what's going on, and they want this slanderous weasel posing as a journalist out as much as we all do.

I hope that wish is granted, and soon.

Cimini gets a bad rap because he earned it on the beat.  He did the same thing in 2012 as one of the other posters pointed out and was known as a lazy reporter that never watched practices or pre-season games and basically made the same lazy articles over and over again. Since he was hired by ESPN, he has cut most of the junk out and has decent reporting. But Cimini has a LOOOONNNGGG track record of him being a hack before Manish.

• Upvote 2

Don't know anything about this guy, Danny Bags, -- twitter handle shows him as a freelance Investigative reporter; not sure how credible he is, but he claims the Wyatt account originates from inside the Jets organization:

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't know anything about this guy, Danny Bags, -- twitter handle shows him as a freelance Investigative reporter; not sure how credible he is, but he claims the Wyatt account originates from inside the Jets organization:

Sounds like a d bag...

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't know anything about this guy, Danny Bags, -- twitter handle shows him as a freelance Investigative reporter; not sure how credible he is, but he claims the Wyatt account originates from inside the JEts organization:

Probably a "friend" of Mehta trying to cover for him.  The Barstool article about this

earlier in the thread really exposes everything

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Is everyone ready to apologize to Mehta now?

It was Gase all along.  Should he be fired like you’re all clamoring for Manish?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4