Adam Gase - Burner Account? MERGED

Maxman

20 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Didn’t Rich Cimini have a burner account and trolled Manish with it?
I seem to remember something going on between the reporters like that.

edit:  found it 

Id never heard of this! Cimini is awful, how did he survive that?

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

If, again if, Adam Gase created this account himself, he deserves to be summarily fired after the game on Sunday.

Great idea.

Let's fire the head coach who kept this injured, craptastic team together and focused enough to end the season on a 6-2 run despite numerous bouts of flying planes and fake news.  Better we have Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan who would have led this team from 1-7 to 2-14 instead.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Great idea.

Let's fire the head coach who kept this injured, craptastic team together and focused enough to end the season on a 6-2 run despite numerous bouts of flying planes and fake news.  Better we have Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan who would have led this team from 1-7 to 2-14 instead.

SAR I

The “run” was facing a cupcake schedule at the second half of the season and Gase still found ways to lose to the Dolphins and Bengals who stink

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The “run” was facing a cupcake schedule at the second half of the season and Gase still found ways to lose to the Dolphins and Bengals who stink

6-2 isn't good enough, right.  Should have been 8-2 then, right.  Sure thing.  No losses allowed.

The whole Bills schedule was a cupcake, they lost to the Browns FYI, I don't see them giving back their wildcard berth.

The Jets are utterly depleted and playing with backups to backups at several key positions and what they've achieved against the likes of the Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, and Bills is to be commended. 

Thank you, Coach Gase.

SAR I

Honestly this could get ugly for Gase. What kind of person would create an account named after Adam Gase’s 7 year old son to defend him on social media? Sure there are a lot of psychos out there, but the Jets need to investigate this. If it’s actually Gase or someone in his family I don’t think he can stay on as HC. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, SummerofSam14 said:

Honestly this could get ugly for Gase. What kind of person would create an account named after Adam Gase’s 7 year old son to defend him on social media? Sure there are a lot of psychos out there, but the Jets need to investigate this. If it’s actually Gase or someone in his family I don’t think he can stay on as HC.

Just grow up already.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

6-2 isn't good enough, right.  Should have been 8-2 then, right.  Sure thing.  No losses allowed.

The whole Bills schedule was a cupcake, they lost to the Browns FYI, I don't see them giving back their wildcard berth.

The Jets are utterly depleted and playing with backups to backups at several key positions and what they've achieved against the likes of the Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, and Bills is to be commended. 

Thank you, Coach Gase.

SAR I

You act like the rest of the nfl had no injuries the panthers, jaguars, broncos, steelers all had their starting QBs get injured for significant time and they still won games

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

We just saw the Sixers Fire their GM for his wife’s burner account. If this has anything to do with Gase or his family than the Johnsons will fire him 

It depends on if the media actually picks up this story

The Johnsons as dumb as they are are concerned with image.  If the inept wierdo head coach is too busy playing troll games on social media it will make the Johnsons look a lot worse than they already do and they will know it

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

what kind of people? EVERYONE. Welcome to 2020.

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You act like the rest of the nfl had no injuries the panthers, jaguars, broncos, steelers all had their starting QBs get injured for significant time and they still won games

Its not that simple. IR list for those teams: 

Jets - 20 Players at 60 Mil / 9 starters 

Panthers - 15 players at 54 Mil / 5 starters 

Steelers - 9 Players at 44 Mil / 2 starters 

Broncos - 16 players at 41 Mil / 5 starters 

Jags - 19 Players at 34 Mil  / 4 starters 

There is a world of difference in those situations. We have almost twice as many starters on IR as any of those teams and most of ours happened earlier in the season. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Panthers (0-7), Jaguars (1-6), Broncos (3-3) are all in the throes of collapses since their QB's went down.  And none were hit with 18 players or $60M in cap on IR.

Jets beat the Steelers so "Gase can still win games" like Hall Of Famer Mike Tomliln, apparently. 

Jets (5-2, likely 6-2) are actually playing their best football right now, its a shame the season has to end.  Gase has done a masterful job considering the hand he was dealt by Maccagnan and the hand he was dealt by all the injures.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You want Manish Mehta to ask Gase about his seven year old son? 

Perhaps the lad is precocious beyond his years. Or Adam gase has a burner twitter account.

I good off on facebook, in part for a business account. I'll look at twitter, but never had an account. it's a sewer. For an adult you have to be nuts to do this. But as long as he doesn't lie about it, don't see how you fire him for this. 

I don’t trust anything Manish posts.  He’s probably mad he doesn’t have the access he once had.  If Gase has a fake Twitter account let him take the heat like he should for it.  

I am not a fan of Gase and the poor second half adjustments but he shouldn’t care what the fans say about him.  His job is to win games.  To be quite honest no one cared how arrogant Rex was in 2009 and 2010.  By 2012 though everyone had enough.  

Like I said I’m not a Gase fan but there was an article I believe from Brian Costello staring how Gase and Joe Douglas were seen laughing and conversing after the Steelers game.  We haven’t seen a GM and coach get along in years.  I’d fire Gase for his poor second half adjustments but I’m not the GM.  Douglas should have a blueprint and decide if he wants Gase to help with it or not.  If he wants to keep Gase and he’s a bust he will have to own it.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I don’t trust anything Manish posts.  He’s probably mad he doesn’t have the access he once had.  If Gase has a fake Twitter account let him take the heat like he should for it.  

I am not a fan of Gase and the poor second half adjustments but he shouldn’t care what the fans say about him.  His job is to win games.  To be quite honest no one cared how arrogant Rex was in 2009 and 2010.  By 2012 though everyone had enough.  

Like I said I’m not a Gase fan but there was an article I believe from Brian Costello staring how Gase and Joe Douglas were seen laughing and conversing after the Steelers game.  We haven’t seen a GM and coach get along in years.  I’d fire Gase for his poor second half adjustments but I’m not the GM.  Douglas should have a blueprint and decide if he wants Gase to help with it or not.  If he wants to keep Gase and he’s a bust he will have to own it.  

Even if this is true(and that right now is still an if) , after telling him to stop acting like a high school sophomore made about not getting asked to the dance, that's about it. It's not a good reason to fire your HC

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great idea.

SAR I

Wait you think Rex Ryan would do worse? His offense as terrible as it was was never this bad. This is just revisionist history by you.

Replace Sanchez with Darnold and we win two Superbowl buddy

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Yeah those burner accounts though. Like who would use a fake account?

@The Crusher don't forget to clean this one up soon. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

plot twist: It's actually Manish's burner account pretending to be a Gase burner account so he can burn him with it when he wants to.

It wouldn't surprise me. Manish has always been and will always be a weasel.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are utterly depleted and playing with backups to backups at several key positions and what they've achieved against the likes of the Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, and Bills is to be commended. 

Losing by only one point? 

The idea of Mehta creating the burner account is not an entirely preposterous idea:

-Mehta is a Philadelphia guy, and was on Philly sports radio opining on the Colangelo debacle as it was going on.

-The Colangelo story was a boon for "The Ringer", the outlet that broke the story.

-Mehta is part of a sinking ship in the Daily News. He needs an escape hatch and something that will launch him.

-He has gone nowhere in 10 years at the Daily News.

At the very least, Manish deserves some shade thrown on him, based upon on some of the stories he has concocted without base or reason.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great idea.

SAR I

Wait, you promised all offseason they were a playoff team.  Now they are craptastic?  Wishy washy.