Adam Gase - Burner Account? MERGED

Maxman

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Players dont quit in the NFL

and Gase shouldn't get credit for winning 7 games when the team lost to the Bengals and Dolphins

I agree with the first point.

Not sure I understand what that has to do with the second part.  As much as I or anyone here blames Gase for some of the horrific losses, credit for some of the wins.  The idea posted elsewhere that anything positive is soley the result of Greg Williams is absurd.

People better start getting used to the likelihood of next season with Gase and without WIlliams.  Absent something ultradramatic (such as a burner account, fake burner account or whatever) that is the likely scenario.  Hard to imagine that Williams doesn't get a HC offer somewhere.  Hoping Caroline]a signs McCarthy fast.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The narrative of teams "quitting" is not just overblown, but its essentially made up.  Look around the league, the Giants coach is done and they won a meaningless game last week.  Cardinals certainly didnt quit when they beat seattle.  Miami openly tanked the season and they couldn't even do that because the players won games.  

Players dont quit in the NFL and Gase shouldn't get credit for winning 7 games when the team lost to the Bengals and Dolphins

Correct.

I’ll just put it this way for the pro Gase crowd. If we would of went 9-7, beating Miami and Cinci, then I would of given him the credit that you all are handing out like candy.

but he didn’t.

9-7 with all these injuries would of given us a shot at the playoffs. Probably would of put us in. We didn’t handle business against TWO winless teams. We looked totally unprepared for Dalton on defense too. The team lacks a lot of talent but we shouldn’t of looked that lost.

• Upvote 2

I demand an investigation to be followed by an [mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] video with all the details and fan reactions.  Get to it.

Hey. It’s not like I didn’t have a Maccagnan burner Acct for a while there so it’s not entirely outside my purview.

Tough times those were

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Correct.

I’ll just put it this way for the pro Gase crowd. If we would of went 9-7, beating Miami and Cinci, then I would of given him the credit that you all are handing out like candy.

but he didn’t.

9-7 with all these injuries would of given us a shot at the playoffs. Probably would of put us in. We didn’t handle business against TWO winless teams. We looked totally unprepared for Dalton on defense too. The team lacks a lot of talent but we shouldn’t of looked that lost.

I don’t think anyone is saying Gase has solidified himself as the long term answer at coach.

I think that he had earned his credit for keeping the team together and finishing strong, and earned to come back next year, with a roster provides by (hopefully) a real gm and most of our starters (hopefully) not on ir.

If he sucks at that point, then I don’t think he’ll have any support.

• Upvote 2

On 12/24/2019 at 11:04 PM, SAR I said:

Great idea.

Let's fire the head coach who kept this injured, craptastic team together and focused enough to end the season on a 6-2 run despite numerous bouts of flying planes and fake news.  Better we have Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan who would have led this team from 1-7 to 2-14 instead.

SAR I

Tell me if you can spot the irony with this post. My guess is no you can't.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Correct.

but he didn’t.

So, if he wins nine games, he gets all the credit, but he only won six or seven, so you’re giving him the blame.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, if he wins nine games, he gets all the credit, but he only won six or seven, so you’re giving him the blame.

It’s the two teams he lost against, the fashion he lost them in and the ending results of not being prepared. Good coaches don’t miss easy opportunities to stack W’s. Those two W’s might’ve just put us in the playoffs. We go to the playoffs with 20 guys hurt, I’m singing a different tune.

we didn’t though. We collapsed and let two bum teams beat us. The 0-11 team held us to 6 points all game. Disgusting.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Pointing out that the injury excuse that is used to defend Gase ad nauseam on here is kinda BS is hardly a pro-Gase argument. 

They aren't "excuses".

They are "reasons".

You need to understand the difference.

SAR I

On 12/25/2019 at 10:30 AM, dbatesman said:

In the larger context of giving Gase credit for not letting this season turn to sh*t, sure. In the specific context of “this team was ravaged by injuries,” the fact that several of the injured guys were replaced by superior backups kinda lets some of the air out of the balloon.

Who coached up the backups?  Who created a culture that led these backups to succeed? 

Adam Gase.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Vinny T goes down. We start 1-5 in ‘99. Parcells HOF coach with BB as the DC, and Charlie Weis as OC rallies the team to finish 8-8, with a super bowl roster. Everyone agrees that Tuna coached his ass off that year.

Gase might be finishing 7-9, which what should be 8-8 if we had a better kicker Week 1, with a historic amount of players on IR, and people still saying he deserves all the blame. 

I just don’t get that. I don’t even like Gase. I’d be happy if we found an upgrade at coach, but let’s see what he can do in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2019 at 10:36 AM, dbatesman said:

Of course they’re not. The roster is a flaming trash heap. That’s still a larger context thing. SAR keeps going to the injury well as a reason why we didn’t end up 11-5, and that dog just won’t hunt.

It's not just the injuries.  Its how they were clustered at several positions, how we lost 2 QB's within 10 minutes of each other, and how the worst thing for Darnold's development, and the rhythm of the entire offense, was to be shelved for the first 5 weeks of the season in a brand new system.

This roster is better than we thought.  We are deeper at several positions with several guys with 8+ weeks of starting experience.  With our starters coming back and some tweaks to the roster, we'll be a playoff team for sure next year, just a matter of whether or not we win the division.

SAR I

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not just the injuries.  Its how they were clustered at several positions, how we lost 2 QB's within 10 minutes of each other, and how the worst thing for Darnold's development, and the rhythm of the entire offense, was to be shelved for the first 5 weeks of the season in a brand new system.

This roster is better than we thought.  We are deeper at several positions with several guys with 8+ weeks of starting experience.  With our starters coming back and some tweaks to the roster, we'll be a playoff team for sure next year, just a matter of whether or not we win the division.

SAR I

I want what you're drinking.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Vinny T goes down. We start 1-5 in ‘99. Parcells HOF coach with BB as the DC, and Charlie Weis as OC rallies the team to finish 8-8, with a super bowl roster. Everyone agrees that Tuna coached his ass off that year.

Gase might be finishing 7-9, which what should be 8-8 if we had a better kicker Week 1, with a historic amount of players on IR, and people still saying he deserves all the blame. 

I just don’t get that. I don’t even like Gase. I’d be happy if we found an upgrade at coach, but let’s see what he can do in the meantime.

I don’t understand how so many people defend Gase the guy lost to two horrible horrible teams the dolphins and bengals

didnt even bother to prepare Siemian meanwhile Vic friggin Fangio wins games with both his backup and third string

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I want what you're drinking.

You know what kind of teams end a season on a 6-2 run?

Playoff teams.

Next year we'll have health and a real kicker.  A Joe Douglas draft, a few more free agent pieces on the OL.  It's going to be great.  Just a question of whether or not the Patriots are going to rebuild and then we can go for the division.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You know what kind of teams end a season on a 6-2 run?

Playoff teams.

Next year we'll have health and a real kicker.  A Joe Douglas draft, a few more free agent pieces on the OL.  It's going to be great.  Just a question of whether or not the Patriots are going to rebuild and then we can go for the division.

SAR I

Next year we won’t have the cupcakes schedule we had this year

If you think Gase is melting down now wait til we win 3-4 games total next season

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t understand how so many people defend Gase the guy lost to two horrible horrible teams the dolphins and bengals

All mediocre, injured NFL teams lose a dumb game or two each season.  Fitzpatrick is no slouch.  Dalton had a field day.  Lousy defense lost those two games.  Aren't you one of those who lauds one Gregg Williams?

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

didnt even bother to prepare Siemian meanwhile Vic friggin Fangio wins games with both his backup and third string

Prepare Siemian?  He played for 5 minutes before being done for the season, LOL.  I heard the water fountains in Florham Park had low pressure; blame Adam Gase!

It's going to be a long offseason for you if you continue to pretend the Jets weren't the most injured team in the NFL and for the bulk of the year had an expansion-caliber roster.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

All mediocre, injured NFL teams lose a dumb game or two each season.  Fitzpatrick is no slouch.  Dalton had a field day.  Lousy defense lost those two games.  Aren't you one of those who lauds one Gregg Williams?

Prepare Siemian?  He played for 5 minutes before being done for the season, LOL.  I heard the water fountains in Florham Park had low pressure; blame Adam Gase!

It's going to be a long offseason for you if you continue to pretend the Jets weren't the most injured team in the NFL and for the bulk of the year had an expansion-caliber roster.

SAR I

Dumb game or two?  Adam Gase literally made history losing to two winless tanking teams 

Gase sucks and is a cancer

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Playing both the NFC West and AFC West in the same season is tough, no doubt.  Last time it happened was in 2008.  The Patriots and Bills have to play the same schedule, will have it slightly tougher (Ravens/Texans, Steelers/Titans) than us (Browns/Colts).

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dumb game or two?  Adam Gase literally made history losing to two winless tanking teams 

There we go again, the SOJF Soundbyte Weepers are heard from, the same people that made the Buttfumble into a bigger deal than it was because, sniff-sniff, of all the teasing at the water cooler.

The Dolphins are ending the year 4-4 under Fitzpatrick, they beat the Eagles too.  The Bengals loss was bad, but it happens to wildcard teams every year.  The Bills and Steelers lost to Cleveland.  Decent teams lose to lousy teams every year.  Elites don't.  The rest do.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If you think Gase is melting down now wait til we win 3-4 games total next season

Today that schedule looks daunting. but every year teams rise and fall. Could be very different by September 2020. 

On 12/25/2019 at 10:45 AM, The Crusher said:

Because no matter how dumb a car made of stainless steal shaped like a doorstop was some people still bought Dolorean’s. 

3BE2D187-B364-4CF6-98BB-9BBC372D5243.jpeg

Those eyes say"When does the Dunkin' pumpkin latte special go on sale?'. And nothing else. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s anoint Gregg Williams, whose defense got absolutely torched by the Bengals and Dolphins, but let’s fire Gase for losing to the Bengals and Dolphins.

What team that is likely to have a coaching vacancy is hiring a very good DC who is not perfect but who was behind one of the great failures of morality and decency in NFL history as Head Coach?  In 2020?

I think we end up with fewer HC vacancies because there are relatively few coaches to fill them.  Urban Meyer will get pulled into the NFL so he has a job.  The other good college coaches don’t need this job.  McCarthy will get pulled back.  Otherwise the model of finding McVays/Shanahans/Gase’s from OC’s will continue.  

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I wonder how many twat waffles will still be on here making excuses for Gase. 

The schedule was too hard

It's not fair were have to face the pats twice.

Douglas has only had one draft so far the roster still sucks

We now have the 26th best offense in the league which is a marked improvement over last year.

The needle is pointing up.

All fresh material for any potential Gase burner accounts.